Recommendations Cultivation but none of it's tropes

Leekt222

I'm looking to get into the cultivation genre but whenever I try to read anything with cultivation as a major focus, it's cringe as shit, the pacing and grammar is weird or the MC/the cast are stupid in some way. So please recommend me something with cultivation mechanics and none of it's stupid tropes

vaurwyn

Everyone dies someday, but I'm procrastinating
You can try my book if you don't mind the dark phycology in it.
A Lonely Exploration of Tao
The mc is not particularly smart, but that is because it's his character not because of plot reasons.
It's not a parody, it's an attempt at focusing entirely on the phycological aspect of cultivation, with very little regard for the power it brings.

LilRora

Mostly formless
You can try The Beginning after the End if you're looking for something different, it's a sort of cultivation story, but it is all about mana and not qi. There are different mechanics to the whole system, but it's similar to typical cultivation novels.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I'm looking to get into the cultivation genre but whenever I try to read anything with cultivation as a major focus, it's cringe as shit, the pacing and grammar is weird or the MC/the cast are stupid in some way. So please recommend me something with cultivation mechanics and none of it's stupid tropes
List some of the stupid tropes

Vnator

Oh hey, I can recommend my own story! It's about a single mother who tries to get her teenage son back from one of those martial sects. They summoned the two and kidnapped her kid, while leaving her for dead.

I specifically started writing it because I hate all of the cringey cultivation tropes. My main character is sensible, and any shows of stupidity (just one) is due to that particular character's personal lack of experience in that field that another character with them makes up for (sorry about being vague, I don't want to spoil a funny scene). The only think that might (very tiny might) throw you off is the first chapter, where the main character just woke up in a new and very stressful situation and tries to do what she can while freaking out. But even then, she tries to play things as intelligently as she can in the heat of the moment.

Here's the story, Single Mother Cultivator: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/506978/single-mother-cultivator-determination-to-deny-her-nave-son-a-terrible-destiny/

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
"Tropes" are subjective. Most people do end up disliking similar reoccurring themes, but it might be more helpful to explicitly say which ones you hate most.

Leekt222

One basic thing, not even a trope, is the writing style. Like I can handle wordy flourishes but "Inspiration is like a majestic dragon, flying through the valleys of my mind" is too much and too cringey for me. And from that core aspect, everything else is ew to me

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
Beware of Chicken
Ashes of Heaven is another that goes against the tropes. Thing is it's really trope heavy in order to circumnavigate them. It's weird.