Custom Emojis

Yorth

Swordman
I had this idea for like a year and a half now, and I think it's finally time to share it. Would you guys like a system like twitch? Where you subscribe to a creator and get access to their custom emojis. I think this could help the creators put more efforts into their book, decrease the percentage of stories going into hiatus, and potentially make some money for the site which in turn could be spent in advertising for user acquisition.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
It's a really cool idea but wouldn't that require us, as authors, to make custom emojis for people to use? Unless I'm misunderstanding.

Not a lot of us are artists, and many people struggle to create a cover of their own in the first place, so... Maybe it will just add unnecessary pressure to authors.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
There'd probably be a lot more content to filter through to make sure everything's appropriate, but it's an interesting idea!

Yorth

Swordman
It's a really cool idea but wouldn't that require us, as authors, to make custom emojis for people to use? Unless I'm misunderstanding.

Not a lot of us are artists, and many people struggle to create a cover of their own in the first place, so... Maybe it will just add unnecessary pressure to authors.
Ehm, the emojis don't need to be of superb quality. They could be just memey doodles that you drew yourself, and only your fans would understand them. But let's say that you don't have a graphic tablet to make any, and that when you asked your readers if they wanted to make some, none responded, you could still get fairly high quality emotes for as little as 5 or 10 dollars if you look around. And you don't really need to start with a big catalog of emotes, just one or two at first to incentivize supporters would help a lot.

Yorth

Swordman
There'd probably be a lot more content to filter through to make sure everything's appropriate, but it's an interesting idea!
It would definitely be a lot of content to filter through. That's why I'm thinking that, at least at first, the feature should be gaited behind a title, maybe rising author or well-known. This would help Tony get through a more manageable number of requests rather than Noah's Deluge worth.

Suzumiya

Fair point!

Personally would welcome the challenge to improve my photoshop skills, though.

MasterHiatus

I am back
Good idea. imma just search the web or use a emoji creator of some sort lmao

Mercyque

This is a cool idea. I've been enjoying custom emoji on discord and think it would be a nice detail to add once ready.

OneRanter

Southern Unorthodox MaskMaker
Yo, I'm bumping this idea since I posted it before the forum changes. You can now upvote it if you like it! @Mercyque @MasterHiatus @Suzumiya @K5Rakitan @Maple-Leaf @TypeAxiom @Moonpearl
Upvote.png

Her ya go mah blind lurkers... Because I totally didn't spend five minutes looking for the button.