Daily Wins Mega Thread

Did you win today?

• Total voters

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
I wrote a short story (5k words) and put it through the hoops, so I can launch it when I write book three. I did my 20 minutes with my fitness bike, and lost 1 kg and 300 grams since yesterday! Now, I will be making the book cover for book three, and then put together the basic things for the manuscript of book three. So that tomorrow, I will have an easier task.

doravg

THATS A SHORT STORY? oh my god how much creativity do you have? i mean how do you add that much detail without burning your brain??
The brain is half-asleep when I write. So, one can say, I dream up the stories. It also helps, that I don't do rewrites. Rewrites make you full of self-doubt. I know because I did try to do a rewrite on one of my earlier works. The most I will do, when faced with feedback, is make sure I don't repeat the same mistake in a different story.

Empyrea

Dense Writer of Lewd
I pushed through being sick and am feeling a bit better already. I still have a bit of grossness, but I'm going to celebrate with another candle-lit bubble bath anyways.

I know a lot of my friends are talking about everyone being sick right now, so I hope everyone else here is doing well. :blob_melt:

doravg

I wrote my daily 5k words. Since I want for my stories to be read, and that 0,99 cents seem to be a big roadblock to that, I made them free up to 31.01 of this year. You can find them here:

My Smashwords books

I really hope they get to be read and enjoyed. (Just a warning, they are M/M fantasy novels.)

Also, I did my 20 minutes on my fitness bike, and have lost 600 grams since yesterday. Which is a lot for me. I hope I lose some more tomorrow! I will be doing another 20 minutes before bedtime, for sure!

doravg

I wrote my 5 daily chapters, but they ended up 6k words long combined, rather than 5k-5k.500. Today I had a lot of energy while writing, and didn't take as many breaks. It might have helped, that I woke up later than usual, and was running on a tight deadline.

On my weight loss front, I lost 400 grams, which is not much, but I don't expect to lose 1 kg every day. I did my 20 minutes on my fitness bike. I am beginning to not feel the hunger for sweets anymore. I think that given a couple of more days, I will get fully used to eating chicken three times a day.

Making my books free made them accessible to readers. I am so happy that they are giving them a chance. There is nothing worse, than to spent time writing, and then for nobody to read it. Right?

doravg

I wrote 6,331 words today, in 2h40mins(bathroom breaks and coffee break included), in five chapters. I even managed to edit them, but didn't have time to place them in the manuscript. I had to get to work.

My two latest books got accepted in the Smashwords Premium Catalog. This is a mega win for me, since I was the one to format them! Since I made them free, people are checking them out. It makes me happy that I will get to share them with others. Why write if nobody reads your stuff?

I also did my 20 minutes on my fitness bike, and all but ran to work. (I wasn't late! I had five minutes to spare!)

Happy writing, everyone!

doravg

I wrote 6,339 words today, edited them, placed them in the manuscript. This is my 4th day, writing longer chapters. I seem to be writing them for 30 mins longer than before, in total, but that is ok. I still finish my writing session around 6:30 a.m.

I did my 20 minutes on my fitness bike, and lost 400 grams since yesterday. Today is my last day on the attack phase of the diet. Starting tomorrow, I will be able to add some salad greens, and some roasted vegetables to my meals.

Happy writing, everyone!

doravg

I wrote 6,616 words today. This writing of longer chapters really works. Today, I managed to write a chapter, which was 1,400+ words long. For Saturday and Sunday, since I have more time, I will see about writing 1,500 words long chapter. But not if it stretches unnaturally.

On my weight loss front, I lost 200 grams, but that is ok. I was warned that I will see a trickle of the losses, and a plateau, eventually. But, I am happy, that in the past 11 days, I have lost 4kg and 800 grams. Which is more than good, really. I did my 20 minutes on my fitness bike.

Happy writing, everyone!

doravg

I wrote 6,926 words today, in five chapters. My manuscript is with 30 chapters so far, and 38,396 words. I hope I can make the story in a 100k word book, but if I tie up the loose ends before that, I won't force it to stretch. The ending is more important than the length. Readers can tell when you stretch the book artificially.

I did my 20 minutes on my fitness bike, and braved the snows outside, to do grocery shopping. I slipped and fell on some ice. It wasn't as bad as I thought. At least it was on the way to the grocery shop, and not on the way back, when I was laden with bags.

At times, I lament the fact that I never learned how to drive. Then I remember how I space out worse than a squirrel while it hides its acorns, and thank myself for not putting the disaster that is me, on the roads. It is dangerous enough without me adding to the entire road war that is going on in my country.

Happy writing, everyone!

doravg

I ended up writing 13,959 words today. Tomorrow, I will try for 14k! Now, I will go to sleep.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Got 25 words written on Thursday and 71 words written on Friday (yesterday) for The Late Bird's Tale. Ugh, the writing's coming hard, this one, but it's still a win!