Dead series memorial

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
I dedicate this thread to the novels in my reading lists on RRL and SH that I thought were really good but they died midway.
The order is arbitrary.
RRL:
1) a soul's new home by BigFatKoala
2) draconic Overlord by Blood-Shard
3) the adventures of a yuri cat girl in a futuristic fantasy world by BowmanW (deleted)
4) Kuro's Days by Branya
5) Delve by latexv
6) The Hollow by Khiricastares.
Sh:
1) Can't a girl be a fearsome demon lord by cyanwa
2) I died but I'm alive so everything else died by imoutololiocn
3) KamiFan – Could it be? Kami-sama is my number one fan? by Rellawing
4) How To Be A Good Mortal Father To Your Demon Kids by lazyredragon
5) I’m an Idiot in Another World by HURGMCGURG

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
At least they existed in a time before, shame they died midway.

Aefener

Do you think it's better to abandond the series when you don't know what to do about it anymore or just give it an abrupt ending? I hate forced endings that make little sense but no ending at all is excrutiating. :mad_s: Also, I often hesitate to start reading a long series when the author might never finish it. *cough cough George R. R. Martin.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
Personally, I have no qualms about stories that go unfinished. Whenever a story finishes, I just feel sad or depressed. It’s like that world has come to an end. But if it was never given an ending, the world keeps moving even if we aren’t there to explicitly see it. It can continue on however we imagine it would, the characters remain alive and moving in whatever way we want as readers rather than them being frozen in time after a conclusive ending.