Dear Readers, help pick my next novel!

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Currently, I'm torn between a few ideas and wanted to ask which you think is best.
  • Magic is granted to humans by a myriad of gods, each seeking shape the world by their own designs. A mercenary hunts down powerful mages and claims their mana crystals to offer to his patron god, with whom he has a one sided contract. He is offered an end to his contract with said god, but it will be his most difficult job yet.
  • An Isekai where the protagonist is a disinherited prince. He gets a small pension and uses it to start a trading company / colonial venture.
  • The world's sky is blotted out by a giant tree which stretches around the world. The lack of sunlight caused a second iceage. A small number of humans have been inflicted with a curse which causes their flesh to endlessly regenerate. They are seen as demons and burned alive for heat. There is a country whee these people gather to escape the cruelty of the world, but even there it is not safe. The MC is one of the cursed people trying to survive.

pelpelen

First of all damn.
Second of all, the first one seems interesting but needs more context but the last one is by far the best.

Caivy

The world's sky is blotted out by a giant tree which stretches around the world. The lack of sunlight caused a second iceage. A small number of humans have been inflicted with a curse which causes their flesh to endlessly regenerate. They are seen as demons and burned alive for heat. There is a country whee these people gather to escape the cruelty of the world, but even there it is not safe. The MC is one of the cursed people trying to survive.
Agree with pelpelen, love to see more of this explored

LilRora

Mostly formless
All three are quite original and could be really interesting, but the last one is definitely one with the most potential.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
The last one Lloyd. Get back into the swing of things.

Would love to see you in recent updates again.

@Ninestar619 is still an excellent artist, and I would love to see what art he would create from the last story mentioned.

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
The last one is like the setting of Firepunch with the ice witch problem. It's a good setting for a trippy story, but you better have an idea of what end and what message you want to convey, even if the ending turns out to be an elaborate delivery for a joke pun

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Why not do all three at the same time?

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
I'm kind of torn between the first and third one. First one has a good premise and plot, but the third one is more interesting and open-ended. Either one is good to write, imo.

ACertainPassingUser

You should do an isekai about me and Truck-kun teaming up to fight the demon lord.
"Battle between the Truck-kun and the Team up of Demon Lords that tries to stop a dimensional portal crisis caused by the damn japanese Truck that tries to avoid extinction of diesel by traveling between worlds" might be a better story to do

And the message the story must convey is "Stop the damn truck from sending virgin schooler an unmarried ossan to our world, they cause too much problem" and "human, elves, and other demihumans is more evil than the demons".

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
The last one. It has that 'masterpiece' opportunity to it. I don't have any constructive reason as to why. My guts just told me so, well... I think it hasn't been done yet, that's why. The first one is a tad bit similar to my novel 'Everlasting Mage', so no? Well, my MC isn't a merc, and there are no patrons... But I do feel strongly its trajectory is the same as mine. The difficulty for the first one is how to make it unique, I think.

I liked the second one though. Admittedly, there are many that are like the second one in the market, but in my opinion, it hasn't been done correctly yet. I don't know if it's just me, but the isekai is most challenging when you aim to make it reasonable, logical, and serious.
PS. I am an amateur.

Last edited:

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Last one seems okay, but problems.

There is plenty of coal and the CO2 would help with global warming.

Living humans burn very poorly. You would have to skin them and dry them out before burning. It'd make more sense to eat them, except for the health problems with cannibalism. You could make that a plot point. Good old prion disease.

What I would do is force feed one to another until they got fat then harvest the fat for oil, then alternate back. However, endless regeneration, indicates no need to eat, so harvesting fat to turn into oil would be difficult. Well, if he was fat on the day this started, it might work, but you arent going to be able to heat a city without a few thousand. Like 10 to 1. If you had that ratio, why don't they just rise up and murder everyone else? I mean, immortal regenerators. Should be a kickass army.

Maybe they tried that, they had a weakness, they all got caught and that's why society is burning them now.

Now if you had some sort of filter, you could get water from their blood, that would be useful. Would using immortal blood as a donation be good?

If I cut off an arm, do I grow a new person? Whats our limits here?

Why wouldn't people chop down and burn the tree?

One last thought, if you are ignoring the conservation of matter and energy, be careful. It is easy to get plot holes.

Also, fun fact, trees/forests do a good job holding in heat and avoiding temperature extremes.
Ooo.. if you get a blood transfusion, you grow into a copy of the guy.

So l Iike, after a thousand years of using one guy as fuel, he gets so good at regenerating, his blood, if it gets in you can take you over. You regenerate to becone him, and one nation had elite that was using immortal blood to live for centuries until this mutation arose and overnight, the entire nations leaders became this insane guy who had been burned alive for a thousand years and he is forcibly holding down people to give them blood. Not a drop, it takes like a pint of blood and several days to kick in.

Only other regenerators would be immune. Make his copies kinda frail. They can't be as good as the original, or the heroes can't win.
Ooo... you could have with that. Like, it actially takes over by growing a frontal lobe OVER the ols one so the victim is still alive and trapped in a prison of the own flesh, while the new frontal lobe like bursts out of the front of the skull, but that part regenerates so being exposed and pulsating isnt harmful.

So its like a zombie plague, but everyone is taken over by a man who was burned alive for a 1000 years.

Then you can have attempts to save people, like an injection of the shit that defeated the original regenerating army. Or surgery and you have to have a metal plate in your forehead for the rest of your life.

Good times good times.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Last one seems okay, but problems.

There is plenty of coal and the CO2 would help with global warming.

Living humans burn very poorly. You would have to skin them and dry them out before burning. It'd make more sense to eat them, except for the health problems with cannibalism. You could make that a plot point. Good old prion disease.

What I would do is force feed one to another until they got fat then harvest the fat for oil, then alternate back. However, endless regeneration, indicates no need to eat, so harvesting fat to turn into oil would be difficult. Well, if he was fat on the day this started, it might work, but you arent going to be able to heat a city without a few thousand. Like 10 to 1. If you had that ratio, why don't they just rise up and murder everyone else? I mean, immortal regenerators. Should be a kickass army.

Maybe they tried that, they had a weakness, they all got caught and that's why society is burning them now.

Now if you had some sort of filter, you could get water from their blood, that would be useful. Would using immortal blood as a donation be good?

If I cut off an arm, do I grow a new person? Whats our limits here?

Why wouldn't people chop down and burn the tree?

One last thought, if you are ignoring the conservation of matter and energy, be careful. It is easy to get plot holes.

Also, fun fact, trees/forests do a good job holding in heat and avoiding temperature extremes.
Ooo.. if you get a blood transfusion, you grow into a copy of the guy.

So l Iike, after a thousand years of using one guy as fuel, he gets so good at regenerating, his blood, if it gets in you can take you over. You regenerate to becone him, and one nation had elite that was using immortal blood to live for centuries until this mutation arose and overnight, the entire nations leaders became this insane guy who had been burned alive for a thousand years and he is forcibly holding down people to give them blood. Not a drop, it takes like a pint of blood and several days to kick in.

Only other regenerators would be immune. Make his copies kinda frail. They can't be as good as the original, or the heroes can't win.
Ooo... you could have with that. Like, it actially takes over by growing a frontal lobe OVER the ols one so the victim is still alive and trapped in a prison of the own flesh, while the new frontal lobe like bursts out of the front of the skull, but that part regenerates so being exposed and pulsating isnt harmful.

So its like a zombie plague, but everyone is taken over by a man who was burned alive for a 1000 years.

Then you can have attempts to save people, like an injection of the shit that defeated the original regenerating army. Or surgery and you have to have a metal plate in your forehead for the rest of your life.

Good times good times.
No