• How Not To Adopt A Demon Lord!

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • The Princess System!

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
Hey there readers! I'm mostly known for writing dramatic psychological novels here on the site, but I'm planning on releasing a fluffy novel soon! However, I'm still deliberating on which fluffy series I am going to release. So, I wanted to gather public opinion on which one to release first.
1. How Not To Adopt A Demon Lord
Inspired by anime like Chibi Devil and Beelzebub; a young woman finds an abandoned baby only to discover years later that her adopted son is the next demon lord.

2. The Princess System
Inspired by magical girl anime; a young working girl finds herself uninterested in life, as a response, the universe sends down The Princess System; a magical girl system that gives her instructions on making the world a better place.

I'll eventually be releasing both series, but one must take priority over the other :)

Last edited:

Ninetailed_Furball

It's a bit of a close call between the two, but I picked The Princess System. The main reason was that your description of baby demon lord suggested it was going to be a gag series rather than mostly just being fluffy? I haven't seen the shows you mentioned, but have seen a few ads of them, and that's what I got from it.

On the other hand, TPS feels a lot more open ended and there's a lot you can do with it. The downside is that there's less of an obvious focus compared to HNTAADL, and especially a lack of an obvious source for the fluff.

In the end though, my final recommendation is to write the one you think you'll enjoy more. If it's a tie, then go for the one you feel you can write more of. It sucks to hit a road block or write yourself into a corner and be forced to abandon something you liked. It's important to have lots of ideas, though I'm a planning type writer, so maybe my advice doesn't work for you if you're an instinctive writer.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
It's a bit of a close call between the two, but I picked The Princess System. The main reason was that your description of baby demon lord suggested it was going to be a gag series rather than mostly just being fluffy? I haven't seen the shows you mentioned, but have seen a few ads of them, and that's what I got from it.

On the other hand, TPS feels a lot more open ended and there's a lot you can do with it. The downside is that there's less of an obvious focus compared to HNTAADL, and especially a lack of an obvious source for the fluff.

In the end though, my final recommendation is to write the one you think you'll enjoy more. If it's a tie, then go for the one you feel you can write more of. It sucks to hit a road block or write yourself into a corner and be forced to abandon something you liked. It's important to have lots of ideas, though I'm a planning type writer, so maybe my advice doesn't work for you if you're an instinctive writer.
The fluff that shows up in the baby demon lord story is all about child care and is a slice of life with the protagonist having to meet the child's father in the future.

Regarding, The Princess System, the source of fluff will be coming in through the interactions of the protagonist and side characters as she helps other people.

While the first story will be much more slice of life and domestic fluff, the second story include comforting fluff and heart healing fluff that will remind the reader that the world ain't so bad after all.

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
I like stories with babies being fluffy and reeking of milk as they are supposed to, so I'm going for the future demon lord. I rarely read stories about them, *sigh* the ones I saw with childcare tags gave me complicated feelings.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
I like stories with babies being fluffy and reeking of milk as they are supposed to, so I'm going for the future demon lord. I rarely read stories about them, *sigh* the ones I saw with childcare tags gave me complicated feelings.
Hahah, you might have seen one of my other novels on there then, which hasn’t reached the part of the story with childcare. But I do agree with your statement, some of the stories with the childcare tag currently are quite... well, you know.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Well, it all really comes down to which kind of reception you want.

I'd say TPS is a lesser option here due to its open-endedness which doesn't fare quite while with traffic round' here that CLEARLY depends on niche genres. Since Scribble Hub's main audience is around 13 - 25-ish, young adult stories concerning real life won't grab much attention.

HNTAADL on the other hand is one you should watch out for. It has all the right boxes ticked and the niche genre set down at the start. Problem is that the genre is so niche and popular that its overly saturated to the point where I (being perfectly honest here) just glanced right through without giving much thought at first. I bet you can really do a good story, I really do (considering the ideas you have ATM) but unless you have the luck of being a living German soldier in a Russian winter, I don't think the story's gonna do well in terms of traffic.

Basically it all depends on luck and choice. Do you wanna be another book in a lone dusty shelf or another unnoticed addition to a shelf packed full of the same colored covers?

Personally I'd go for HNTAADL but it's really all down to you. Whether you wanna do TPS or HNTAADL, I wish you good luck.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
Thanks to everyone who voted ❤️
The first chapter of the winner story is out!