Defensive Skills

LifeContinuesOn

I am trying to write 12 defensive skills for a story I am writing but I've hit a block at around 6, Do you guys know some good names for defensive abilities?

And the thing is no the MC isn't getting all of the defensive skills, they are given through a dice roll, like I literally roll a dice for it

Funny names are fine as one of my attack skills was called Bonk! So Interesting is what I'm looking for I guess

(EDIT) I have finished the defensive skills, so you can really post skill names for fun now, though now I have to work on my turn cards

Last edited:

LifeContinuesOn

1. Absolute Sphere: A bubble forms around user, can take 1 attack regardless of damage
  2. Invincible Palms: Can block any attack with your palms for 30 seconds
  3. Sharp Shield: Counterattack skill, Block an attack and stab the Enemy
  4. Circle Shield: Form a clear circle shield down your forearm, can block 15 damage
  5. Shield Bash: If you have a shield smack enemy in the face to stun

I know shield bash is technically an attack but I had hit a block and couldn't really think of skill that could be shield or use shields

Psychoturtle

Phase rush: skill movement that makes you invincible/intangable for the duration of movment
Summon Wall: summon a wall, can block an attack or block line of sight
Summon Meat shield: same as above, but meat shields can move
Stasis: turn invincible for a duration in exchange for losing the agility to move and take more actions.
Dodge: move out of the way of an attack.

Thats all i can think of at the moment, i know dodge is basic but best i can do chief :blob_pat_sad:

Johgral

for the classics
golden/diamond/stone body
protecting warm north wind
holy blessing
lucky dodge
damage Transfert
death reject
mana bubble
vitality/durability boost
borrowed defense
fool luck/dodge
fortress rampart
dispersion /mitigate damage

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Copper/Iron/Steel/Diamond Skin: Passive, removes x damage from any attack that hits you.
Force/Shield Wall: Conjure a flat pane of force capable of blocking attacks.
Deflecting Strike: For a small mana cost, hitting an attack will deflect it. Cost scales with attack's damage.
Unshifting Stance: Despite unstable ground, feet and body will not move. Skill costs increases depending on ground instability and force of blows dealt. (Everyone forgets the fact that even if your body can endure the blow, the ground beneath you can't always. Mud can also mess you up)
Redirection: Redirect a ranged attack in a direction of your choosing using mana. Mana cost scales with attack's power and by how much the attack is redirected
Toughness: Passive, decreases all damage taken by a static 25%.
Endure: Renders user immobile while in use, but decreases damage taken by 50%.

LifeContinuesOn

for the classics
golden/diamond/stone body
protecting warm north wind
holy blessing
lucky dodge
damage Transfert
death reject
mana bubble
vitality/durability boost
borrowed defense
fool luck/dodge
fortress rampart
dispersion /mitigate damage
Thanks for the inspiration! I managed to make up some more

LifeContinuesOn

I've realized that the system I made for my story could be a pretty fun game to play, not being sent to another world part, but if it was an actual board game.

Basically its a board with 125 squares, 48 cards, and for my story 3 players, there are 12 attack cards, 12 magic cards, 12 defense cards, 12 turn cards, all shuffled together each player can have up to 3 cards in their hand, and turn cards are monsters that attack them. The they can use a magic, attack or defense card to do a turn based battle with the monster.

Let me know if there is a game like this in real life, not D&D though, this system is a little different

I have currently got 12 Attack Cards written down, 12 Magic cards, and 12 Defense cards, and I just have to make the turn cards

Last edited:

Psychoturtle

One Deck Dungeon use the turn card part, the attack/defense stuff is permeant in its system.

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
  • Nothing personnel kiddo: Fools the opponent that you're doing something(illusion, can replicate any skill) but in reality you're moving (behind you're enemy, fleeing, dodging and any movement action stuff)

• Dance till your dead: Ignores any and all damages received for specific number of turns and after the effect fades all damages received will took effect

• Costs an arm and leg: Seperates user's health into different organs. If damage received is equal to the organ's health, it is removed (Can choose organ to sacirfice)

• Dame da ne, dame yo~ : If the user receives a crit damage, gives one turn to user.

• 🦀 Karen took the kids 🦀: Damage will be transferred to friendly units nearby forcibly (if you're story has party system this card will ignore 'no friendly fire')

• I have the power of God and Anime!: calls for you're god to respond to you're plea. If said god answers, effects will be dependent on the god.

• It's over 9000! : emotion-based draw, can only be drawn when emotions are: anger and sadness. Consumes large amounts of stamina or mana in exchange of drawing one beneficial card.

• This isn't even my final form! : Restores health equivalent to damage received(good counter for ppl who love to overkill, especially if ur mc does), forcibly activates certain number of cards even if disadvantagous. If deck don't have enough cards, draw the rest

(Yes, I am well aware its all memes because...
its always has been)

Last edited:

Silver_Sky

Citadel: wide area defense allies/area takes no damage (massive stamina use)
Aegis: invulnerability for 3~5 sec( cannot move)
Block: massively reduced damage to shielded areas
Cover: move to instantly cover an ally, take reduced damage

Leti

Nope: Disable an enemy's active skill for the rest of the battle.
No U: Reflect all damages and negative status effects received to an enemy.