Definition of Content Warnings.

Zoey

Mustachu
So this is just a question but is there a place were I can see how Scribble Hub defines things like, sexual content, gore, strong language, extra.

I mean some of them are fairly self explanatory like, sexual content and strong language, but what defines gore. is it if there is any mention of blood or is it if there's more graphic content like mutilation.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

mrsimple

Writer
In my opinion, it is the depiction of bloody descriptions in a graphic detail. I mean, if the scene produces a real and clear image in your mind, and creating such brings a powerful emotion to ya and yer readers, maybe feeling a little too vivid, then it's gory. Gore. :blobspearpeek:

Lemme know if that's too vague. I can always pull ya up an example, but, yeah, that'll require a content warning for this thread. I doubt ya wanna place any restrictions here, so I'll leave it up to ya to decide. Honestly, I hope my attempt to help ya was good enough. :blob_teehee:

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Easy. Just copy what DeviantArt-ists do. If it has a nip-slip, Sexual Content. If it's doused in blood, Gore. That way it's easy to curb sensitive readers and just, idk have extra words next to your story
yeah. better to err on the side of caution than to have a QQ storm from sensitive snowflakes

LWFlouisa

My general feeling about CW: at least in graphic novels, it's going to be obvious a book is not for you, even if you haven't read it yet. So honestly why bother with content warnings?

If the title says * explicit detail, it's a good guess it's about that detail. So don't read it, it's probably upsetting.

I mean for example, can you guess what Parasite is going to be about? Yea parasites probably. So don't be a doofus, and read it even though it grosses you out, unless you want to expand your mind a bit.

Zoey

Mustachu
I mean for example, can you guess what Parasite is going to be about? Yea parasites probably. So don't be a doofus, and read it even though it grosses you out, unless you want to expand your mind a bit.
True. True. I'm just one of those people who like to know the definition of things. :blob_joy:

Also thanks @mrsimple that cleared it up pretty well.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
True. True. I'm just one of those people who like to know the definition of things. :blob_joy:

Also thanks @mrsimple that cleared it up pretty well.

Nullo actore nullus iudex.

Where is no plaintiff there is no judge. At the moment, the rules aren't enforced by nobody - lack of staff - and the site is full of content that should be technically banned. So, as long as nobody denounces you nothing will happen.