(Deleted) Army

NitroxDarks

Damn, I just watched a profile's reading list out of nice curiosity and... saw many, lots and lots of deleted novels. Holy fuck.

Like, I understand there might be cold feet or whatever you'd like to call it but, never really realized how many deleted ones would there be and; thanks to my recent experience in handling keyboard warriors, I wonder if it was because the authors couldn't have more time to write, had lost their initial passion or actually... they were simply harassed in a way.

Makes me wonder, even makes me feel sad for a bit. If I wasn't will-ironed, I could've been one of them too, if it was the case.

bulmabriefs144

Are they deleted by the author or does ScribbleHub occasionally censor stories that are low quality?

bulmabriefs144

Ah okay.

Yeah, someone mentioned how they couldn't handle less than 5 star review (I'm not sure if they were joking, but that tells a great deal to the extent of people deciding their writing is crap).

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Ah okay.

Yeah, someone mentioned how they couldn't handle less than 5 star review (I'm not sure if they were joking, but that tells a great deal to the extent of people deciding their writing is crap).
pretty sure the issue is more so that they can't take criticism than their writing is dick sauce

D

Deleted member 57675

Some deleted because
  • Lost motivation. Be it perfection or can't handle the criticism (any/all forms).
  • Life gets busy. Y'know the usual. Health, school, life.
  • They want to publish their story elsewhere now.
  • They are afraid its gonna get stolen/plagarised.
  • Previous works were an embarrassing cringe to them and they want it eradicated.
  • They haved moved on and forgot about writing since then.

Ilikewaterkusa

Some deleted because
  • Lost motivation. Be it perfection or can't handle the criticism (any/all forms).
  • Previous works were an embarrassing cringe to them and they want it eradicated.
Literally all of those reasons are stupid once you think about it

D

Deleted member 54065

Some deleted because
I take reason number 3.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I have literally never seen any harassment on a story here. This is coming from the person that read 3500~ chapters. So it's probably that the authors fell into the lie of motivation.
I know some authors who got harassed and thus deleted their story from SH. Others didn’t feel it was worthwhile to post on Sh because the minimalistic traffic.

You probably read more popular genres. Genres like BL get a 10th of the traffic an average isekai novel gets. NTR also are especially targeted for bad ratings.

It’s plain demotivating especially for new authors.

Also, sometimes you just know it’s badly written, so why keep the shame for the world to see? Damage reduction.

Ilikewaterkusa

I know some authors who got harassed and thus deleted their story from SH. Others didn’t feel it was worthwhile to post on Sh because the minimalistic traffic.

You probably read more popular genres. Genres like BL get a 10th of the traffic an average isekai novel gets. NTR also are especially targeted for bad ratings.

It’s plain demotivating especially for new authors.

Also, sometimes you just know it’s badly written, so why keep the shame for the world to see? Damage reduction.
I probably write worse than most of them unironically

i think i mostly deleted my stories since i had no motivation to ever complete them anymore and i don't want to feel burdened any longer. plus, most of these barely got any readers or comments so i had no qualms.

Last edited: