Describe Your Ideal Game

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
Purpose
Describe your ideal/perfect game or something really interesting.

The game may or may not exist on this Earth, which is fine.
The game may or may make sense to others, which is fine.
The game may or may not be possible or reasonable for game companies to make, which is fine.

It can be any kind of genre, which may or may not exist.
Don't worry about technological restrictions. It can be technologically feasible or not.
Don't restrict yourself; just follow your heart!

Racing Games, MMOs, Single-Player Games, Otome/Galge Games, Strategy Games, Board Games, etc.

A Little Extra
I thought it would be fun. I was inspired to make this thread since a huge number of SH users love games and read a lot of game related stories. Many people read stories about game-like worlds and find it entertaining, but a lot of them never give thought to what kind of game they think would be 'the best' or 'the coolest'. It's very passive to just read stories about games and game-like worlds. In contrast, being active and thinking about the creation of a game or game-like world system can also be fun and offer a new perspective.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Mmmmmmmm... I think a VRMMO with AI that is indistinguishable from actual humans would actually be pretty cool~
Like, I dunno, I think it would be really fun to log-in to a game and not do any quests, but just go to a random NPC's cafe and start chatting with other NPCs there and stuff.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Purpose
Describe your ideal/perfect game or something really interesting.

The game may or may not exist on this Earth, which is fine.
The game may or may make sense to others, which is fine.
The game may or may not be possible or reasonable for game companies to make, which is fine.

It can be any kind of genre, which may or may not exist on this Earth.
Don't worry about technological restrictions. It can be technologically feasible or not.
Don't restrict yourself; just follow your heart!

Racing Games, MMOs, Single-Player Games, Otome/Galge Games, Strategy Games, Board Games, etc.

A Little Extra
I thought it would be fun. I was inspired to make this thread since a huge number of SH users love games and read a lot of game related stories. Many people read stories about game-like worlds and find it entertaining, but a lot of them never give thought to what kind of game they think would be 'the best' or 'the coolest'. It's very passive to just read stories about games and game-like worlds. In contrast, being active and thinking about the creation of a game or game-like world system can also be fun and offer a new perspective.
One that has characters I can emotionally invest in.
One with a story that has many branching results depending on your choices.
One with magic elements as a feature to use in combat.
One with fantasy elements.
One with deep customisation characters, along with choice in gender and looks.
One with companions you can romance.
One that shows the consequences of your actions and choices in the world of the game as you travel in it.
One with beautiful music, graphics, and artistic design.
One with lots of replayability.
One that you can immerse yourself in the lore of the world and its characters.

Games that have come close are Greedfall, Mass Effect trilogy, Dragon Quest XI, FFX (since that's the only one I've played to completion >w<), Legends of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel series (haven't played the ones before >w<), and many more I'm sure - however I can't recall them as of now.

'-'

*huggles Yo-chan*

X

AliceShiki

Ethics. Lulz
Well, I can imagine it would be kinda crazy on that department... Like, they only exist within the game, but they're basically humans, so... Do they have rights? How do you apply that for the game itself? o.0

Yeah, that could get messy real quick! xD

Nahrenne

Well, I can imagine it would be kinda crazy on that department... Like, they only exist within the game, but they're basically humans, so... Do they have rights? How do you apply that for the game itself? o.0

Yeah, that could get messy real quick! xD
'-'
Detroit: Become Human kind of has that subject as a main part of the game, I hear.
'-'

X

AliceShiki

'-'
Detroit: Become Human kind of has that subject as a main part of the game, I hear.
'-'

X
The concept is interesting, but... Well, for me the fun would be to simply log-in to a game and have random interactions with people with no real purpose behind it other than talking about anything and making friends from a whole different world and stuff~

I think it would just be fun to make friends with them, so a game like Detroit that actively dives deep into the morality of it is not really what I'd like to see... >.>

Nahrenne

The concept is interesting, but... Well, for me the fun would be to simply log-in to a game and have random interactions with people with no real purpose behind it other than talking about anything and making friends from a whole different world and stuff~

I think it would just be fun to make friends with them, so a game like Detroit that actively dives deep into the morality of it is not really what I'd like to see... >.>
Your question was about whether they would have rights, or not, though.
I was merely mentioning the game as having that as part of it.
>w<

X

Yorda

I see ... you can no longer be fully satisfied by merely making friends in this world. Because I'm not somebody from a different world, even if you were to become my friend, there would be a difference in quality, huh. :blob_neutral:

AliceShiki

Your question was about whether they would have rights, or not, though.
I was merely mentioning the game as having that as part of it.
>w<

X

I see ... you can no longer be fully satisfied by merely making friends in this world. Because I'm not somebody from a different world, even if you were to become my friend, there would be a difference in quality, huh. :blob_neutral:
*hugs* I still enjoy my friends of this world! \(^^)/

I just think it would be a nice experience to have outworldly friends~

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
"The first wealth is health." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

What if ... health is your only wealth ... in a game?

Two entities with the same amount of health fight, 50:50 win:lose. Winner takes 50% of other entity's health.

If it's 1:99, then winner wins 1%.

If it's 1:9999, then winner takes 0.01%.

This conflict resolution mechanic is the only one firmly defined. The rest are malleable and changeable by the game's inhabitants.

RedPanda

I wish for a Pokemon Edition were the people start to speak!? I don’t know if some of you played Sword and Shield, but at the opening scene... the first thing i thought was why didn’t they sync it!

and an animal crossing were the MC don’t present any stupid mackerel! And with less unnecessary dialogues. Seriously I don’t need a presentation of the XXXXX mackerel or frog...

:sweating_profusely: Don’t get me wrong I like both games but gamefreak could at least start with voice synchronization, even Bethesda did it in FO4.

i think it'd be nice if the game helps me get stronger and wealthier in real life easily.

easy as an idle game i guess.

Nahrenne

"The first wealth is health." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

What if ... health is your only wealth ... in a game?

Two entities with the same amount of health fight, 50:50 win:lose. Winner takes 50% of other entity's health.

If it's 1:99, then winner wins 1%.

If it's 1:9999, then winner takes 0.01%.

This conflict resolution mechanic is the only one firmly defined. The rest are malleable and changeable by the game's inhabitants.
The getting stronger by taking in some of your enemies' strength makes me think of Dark Souls, for some reason...
'-'

X

LilithFairen

A magical girl RPG, taking visual and thematic inspiration from Pretty Cure, with JRPG-style gameplay mechanics, and BioWare-esque story and characters.

Have your character be the newbie to a magical girl team, facing personal and universe-ending conflicts with the power of friendship, love, courage, and hope. Have elements be a thing in the battle system, but the primary means of exploiting "weakness" comes from combinations of party member abilities. And of course, relationship options with your fellow magical girls (and a few male NPCs, because choice~). There'll certainly be dark threats and situations, but ones the magical girls ultimately overcome together, with each other's love and the support of those around them.

Yorda

Setting
I like medieval fantasy with magic. Done.

World
World
<>The world and history shall be generated.
<>The player can choose basic presets or specify detailed custom settings.
<>Some of the settings would be resource distribution, resources amount, water level, geological activity, how mountainous the world is, continents and islands, races that will exist, temperatures, size, ecology.
<>Poor examples of the world generation I'm talking about would be Dwarf Fortress, Factorio, Minecraft, Terraria, and Civilization.
<>Dwarf Fortress generates a history as well as the physical world.
<>Time passes and various events occur. Heroes slay monsters, monsters destroy cities, forests are burned down, volcanoes erupt, wars are fought, races are pushed to the brink, nations rise and fall, etc.

Character Creation
I'm tired of weaksauce character creation.

Expanded Physical Character Creation Options
Expanded Physical Character Creation Options
Most character creators are extremely restricted in what they let you customize. It is completely unacceptable to me to only be able to change a few superficial characteristics like eyebrow shape and colour ...

<>The new system allows for extreme character customization. Major changes like adding additional limbs, organs, appendages, bone structure, shape, and size are possible.
<>Focus will no longer be placed only on humanoid races. It will be possible to create characters from other races or hybrid races of multiple different genetic heritages.

If I had to give an example of a character creation system ...
I can only think of Spore's creature creation system. Make it less cartoonish, change a bunch of features, and add so many more options.

Race System
Race System
<>Hybrid races can exist, it is possible for characters and NPCs to have more than 1 racial heritage
<>Each race has specific traits and variant traits that individuals can inherit, hybrids can inherit multiple traits but their power may be reduced in proportion to how much genetics/blood they have inherited from a particular race
<>Each race has distinctive physical traits that can be inherited by hybrids to varying degrees, players would have a lot of physical appearance customization options with this
<>Hybrid's stats are a combination built up from their genetic heritage, players can adjust their stat growth by allocating points, however, races that have strong inclinations towards particular stat types have fewer points that can be shuffled around. Players might get around this limitation by changing the amount of genetic inheritance they receive from their various races.
<>The more races available the better, there should be like 50+ different races at least if it's not going to be generic AF, and these races shouldn't all be heavily humanoid
<>More emphasis is given to race based culture, often games don't take unique culture seriously enough when crafting races
<>There needs to be more monster type races, games always seem to heavily favour humans and humanoids, but when I ask myself if this is makes the games more fun the answer is no, it just makes things more generic. Eg. Trade a human city for a spiderkin city, and a stone castle is traded for a nature/spider inspired citadel, common leather/metal armour shops are turned into spidersilk plate armour shops, etc.
<>Geography and national borders are deeply intertwined with racial territories, undead rule in barren and frigid lands, speed/flight based beasts rule in the plains, strong but low agility races dominate in forests and underground locations, island nations are a mix between aquatic races and many others, etc.
<>More micro-nations, city-states, federations, and alliances exist due to the diversity of races

Edit: I think that some races are just flat out incompatible for hybridization without very strange circumstances. For example, let's say you want to create a plant race + undead race hybrid. They can't copulate and have a baby right? So maybe a person starts as a plant race character, but gets cursed, rots/withers/dies, and becomes an undead rotted plant race hybrid.

So perhaps, any time a person wants to create a hybrid race that combines majorly different categories, like artificial beings, plants, undead, energy beings, etc. there need to be really weird/unique circumstances.

Stats
Stats
This is very tricky to deal with. I think that it will not be possible to continue only using typical game stats like STR, AGI, END, DEX, INT, WIS, SP, MP, HP, STM, etc. There will simply be too many different and diverse characters/abilities to deal with to use generic stats.

This game is going to need a lot of more specific stats that pertain to particular races and skills. For example, your character might use psychic abilities or spirits and needs psychic power and spirit power instead of MP.

Ultimate Skill tree System
Ultimate Skill tree System
I envision a skill system that completely breaks free from all the restricted ones in the past. It also would also destroy multiplayer game balance, so this might become a single player game.

In normal games you select from a few classes, jobs, occupations, systems, whatever they decide to call it. Then you get a 2d skill tree you can invest points into. This is very restricted.

<>I propose a single skill tree, that is multidimensional rather than 2d, where all skill trees are present.
<>There should at least be something like 1000 different systems all interconnected on this single skill tree.
<>You unlock skills, abilities, techniques, which you equip to use. There is no limit to the number you can learn and equip, but some of them might not be able to be equipped at the same time if it's illogical. Just because a person has a lot of moves doesn't mean they'll be skilled at using them.
<>These abilities change your gameplay because they can be as significant as flight or teleportation.

I sat down and casually typed out all the systems that came to mind.
[Fire Magic][Poison Magic][Necromancy][Tamer][Alchemy][etc.]
And I stopped around 300 or so. It made me realize that anyone could come up with at least 1000 different 'systems' or 'skill trees'.

For players who want a different game experience they might have to select different game modes which limit and balance their abilities and stat growth. For example, a person might want more immersion and difficulty, so their vampire character they made is only able to learn blood magic easily while other magics are hard to learn and level.

Combat, NPCs, and AI
Enemies and Combat
Games with combat that I felt were pretty good are Shadow of the Colossus, Monster Hunter World, Kingdom Hearts Series, God of War, Earth Defense Force, and Elder Scrolls games. I struggling to think of more games right now.

I always feel like the abilities of my character are limited too much or their mobility is really bad. My character should be able to fly (certainly if they have wings) or jump 100 meters into the air (especially if their strength is 999).

I always had the most fun against really unique enemies or when the combat was actually a matter of skill or tactics. It might be very hard to implement this with the insane skill system above.

Action needs to be fast paced. I will likely never prefer a turn-based game if I have a real-time option that requires actual skill with a character that I was able to perfectly customize.

Voice Recognition Could Help Game Controls

The control for the game is hard for me to imagine precisely. Honestly, I used to add voice controls to MHW when I was playing. It's not a mod or anything, I just used some external programs and voice recognition software to automate things in the game. So I would just say "Potion" and my character would use a potion, meanwhile I was aiming/running/fighting/paying attention. It was pretty nifty. Nifty nifty.

Regular NPCS
AI needs a complete overhaul. NPCs should be generated with skills, affinities, personality trait levels, hereditary skills, etc. Their actions should be a little more sensible and they should act with relation to their traits. AI should at least be intelligent enough so when they see their attack does 0 damage to a character or monster they either get confused (if they're stupid) or run away in fear (if they're smart).

I don't want the AI to be so advanced that it becomes self-conscious and sentient otherwise I would have serious ethics issues playing that game. I want to play a game, not develop an existential crisis. The moment I start wondering about my own life possibly just being an intelligent AI in a generated world for someone else's amusement because I can get away with it too would be bad. That's not a game anymore: it's a sin.

Many Other Points of Interest
This Game is Probably Single Player
I think this game is probably going to wind up single player because trying to balance multiplayer would be hell. Trying to balance or restrict character creation is usually the anti-thesis of what I like.

Physics
<>When you blow up a mountain you see a mountain blow up.

Dungeons
<>Open world dungeons or enclosed dungeons exist. Your character can go explore them.
<>For players who have leveled up too much there should be special dungeons where insane monsters on par with them can be found. Maybe some old man at the end of the world shows you the way to a secret dungeon in another dimension between worlds.

World Hopping
<>Maybe your character can move to other worlds that you've generated.

Strategy Mode
<>If your character has an army it might be necessary to have another gameplay mode. Maybe an RTS style

Timeskipping
<>Time skips might be necessary for various reasons. You send your army to attack a city, then you time skip to see the results of the battle.

List System
<>NPCs that you've befriended have their information recorded in a list for you to peruse.
<>Countries, groups, guilds, factions, races, tribes, and many others you might have befriended or become enemies with have their information stored in a list.
<>Subordinates and superiors have their information stored as well.

Last edited:

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
Perfect games for me already exist.

Video game: Resistance fall of man.
Strategy: Risk, and more board games.
Outdoors: Airsoft, Go-Karts, Football, etc.
Cards: Poker, etc.

I would say that is easy for me to have fun and be satisfied playing any game. In my family we play frequently, we do mime to guess the movie, go out to play "avioncito", etc. So I never thought about a game I would love to exist.

Euphoria723

any game from perfect world games, the avatars face options are all beautiful and the starter outfits are shady and ugly, the voice dubbing are all pleasant to listen to. Or any game from square Enix Sims 4. Anyways Character Creation is the number 1 point for me. Character Creation determines if I want to play the game or not

Which is why I absolutely hate roblox. Shady business if u ask me. Charge real money for everything