Writing Designing Your Cover

Mechaphobic

A picture of your cast having a konosuba dancing moment, all as they stand on top of your angry main character. Click bait, lots of click bait.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I kinda want to commission a cover for my story but I don't have any idea how it should look. Anyone got any advice in the matter?
A picture of your cast having a konosuba dancing moment, all as they stand on top of your angry main character. Click bait, lots of click bait.
Or a half portrait of a girl character holding a chibi version of the MC. A classic.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
You need a cover that attracts an audience while conveying what the story is about. So it's best if you figure out how to convey the whole narrative of your story into a single image while still being eye catching to the viewer so that you keep your story's integrity while still providing fascinating art that will be talked about for years to come. You don't want to take the easy way out and commission a drawing of anime girl with big boobs like everyone else does. Consider the intelligence of your audience first and foremost and don't be tempted to aim for mass appeal of the lowest common denominator.

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Consider the intelligence of your audience first and foremost and don't be tempted to aim for mass appeal of the lowest common denominator.
Well you are considering their intelligence, it is just whether it is in a positive or negative light. To be honest, at this point you are either an optimist or a realist.

CL

I kinda want to commission a cover for my story but I don't have any idea how it should look. Anyone got any advice in the matter?
Maybe listen to what everyone here has to say and, then, collect the best for a poll. Set the poll up as a chapter in your story to allow your reader base to assist in your decision for the top idea. This is only a suggestion, which means you don't have to listen to me at all. :blob_cookie:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Go with the ever-reliable "fan favourite character striking an ass pose with a title on the side". But if you want to go a more personalized and complicated route, describe to your commissioned artist how your story's theme and tone is and let them go from there.

ForestDweller

My idea is just to have the MC sit on a throne with his harem surrounding him in varying poses. Like he's a king and they're his concubines.

Totally not inspired by a cover of a certain LN.

Would be really expensive to commission though due to the amount of characters.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
My idea is just to have the MC sit on a throne with his harem surrounding him in varying poses. Like he's a king and they're his concubines.

Totally not inspired by a cover of a certain LN.

Would be really expensive to commission though due to the amount of characters.
How many O.O? Will they even fit on the cover?

ThatOne

Steal one FeelsIllegalMan

Or course give credit though