Implemented Dice Roller

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
A request for the forum, I just want a simple dice roller that works exclusively in the community games.

We could like, name it as @justabot or something, and then it could work like... You type: "!roll [number 1], [number 2], [number 3]" and then dices are rolled.

With Number 1 being the minimum, Number 2 being the maximum, and Number 3 being the number of dices rolled.

I think it's a totally unique and very creative idea that would greatly benefit Scribbly.

Like... Yeah... Totally creative... I 100% came up with this on my own... Totally... >.>

Pretty please? :blob_aww:

Moshi

Just use random.org or something. Having a bot for dice rolls will clutter the threads.

AliceShiki

Just use random.org or something. Having a bot for dice rolls will clutter the threads.
We can just make a thread specifically for dice rolling, it's how we do it on NUF to avoid clutter.

Yes, I know random.org works, but it's practical to have an in-forum way of rolling multiple dices.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
It feels really pointless and clutters up the forums with more threads that are nothing but dice rolls. Not to mention 100% there will be someone doing it other threads. If you limit it to only some threads, you might as well just use some external roller and screenshot the results

AliceShiki

It feels really pointless and clutters up the forums with more threads that are nothing but dice rolls. Not to mention 100% there will be someone doing it other threads. If you limit it to only some threads, you might as well just use some external roller and screenshot the results
It's only for Community Games, it wouldn't clutter anything.

Also, NUF's had it for years now, and it was used outside of the dice threads for like... A week at best, probably less.

And from time to time someone that never knew the feature existed finds it and uses it on other threads for 5-10 minutes I guess, but that's about it.

And yes, sure random.org works, but when you need to make 30ish dice rolls all the time, it's kinda helpful to have an in-forum way to quickly do it. It's mostly a convenience thing that makes things easier for people that wanna make dice-heavy games.

Feathers95

I would like this feature too!

Having an in-forum way to roll dice also prevents cheating since the result appears right in front of everyone(and should hopefully be uneditable lol)

Tony

Staff member
A request for the forum, I just want a simple dice roller that works exclusively in the community games.

We could like, name it as @justabot or something, and then it could work like... You type: "!roll [number 1], [number 2], [number 3]" and then dices are rolled.

With Number 1 being the minimum, Number 2 being the maximum, and Number 3 being the number of dices rolled.

I think it's a totally unique and very creative idea that would greatly benefit Scribbly.

Like... Yeah... Totally creative... I 100% came up with this on my own... Totally... >.>

Pretty please? :blob_aww:
I would like this feature too!

Having an in-forum way to roll dice also prevents cheating since the result appears right in front of everyone(and should hopefully be uneditable lol)

Sure! It's done: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/dice-test.1719/

It'll only work in community games and to roll a dice, the commands are "!roll 1,70" (roll one dice from 1-70) or "!roll 1,70,10" (roll 10 dices from 1-70).

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
You sure it's bug free?
I find plenty of "issues" with it (although they aren't really issues)
I'm sure that the bugs are actually just features

AliceShiki

You sure it's bug free?
I find plenty of "issues" with it (although they aren't really issues)
I'm sure that the bugs are actually just features
Aye, I saw all of your tests, it's all features! xD