Did I messed up, denying the invitation to be granted [System] ?

matalayudasleazy

So in the latest chapter of my current novel, Discovery : . . . Passes . . . the MC kind of did the big no in a world that would be very hostile for the likes of his kin, Otherworlders alike. Hint's up top.

This happened after denying the invitation given to him in his dreams :

r6bjWFG (1).jpg

Read it for more details, kek.​

So I'd like to believe there's 2 kinds of interface that I like to bring up with interfaces that comes up at the characters' head in most LitRPGs and/or System novels :
Tyrannical, Manipulative, Commandeering 'godly' beings that offers you a chance to rise to the top, and grants you rewards after entertaining them.
The prizes are, naturally, national levels for the most. Though, the chance always comes with some sacrifice. These, I call [System].

Mechanical, Lifeless, Obedient machines that is injected into some gears that informs you of the things you've accomplished and what you could or should do in the while, but are not in absolute control of you or anything living aside from the other machines, really. These, I call [H.U.D]

One is dead, while the other One (possibly) wants me dead.
Do you think denying the offer's a good cause, especially if there's something icky about them, even with all the mentioning of the prizes?
Or is it more worth it, to persevere with their own will and hard-work while having a lifeless machine being some kind of aide alongside you, even if that means living will be no less than hell without those grand prizes?

lumiel

In my opinion, every "system" concept that got injected to fiction stories always server their own purposes. So the question of will rejecting the system will be good or bad, depends on the system's nature itself.

Perhaps I'll provide some system's nature from any works that I've read:

Sung Jin Woo received the system which is originally comes from a witch from outer planes of humanity's existence. He created the system to nurture a fitting vessel so the Dark King can be resurrected again. This fact is revealed at late chapters while the MC has utilized it all the time.

The system is being implemented by the Gods to host a survival games with humans as the players to ensure them not escaping their "survival games". So humans have no means to deny the system.

Basically the system comes to the world because the reincarnated MC asking the God there to provide a gift so he can survive. Rejecting the system means taking away the gift so it's a disadvantage.

That's why it depends on how you'll make this system goes for the one who received the system. If there's a penalty, then it's a bad thing. But if it's pure optional, then it's okay to deny the said system.

ElijahRyne

Not that Lazy…
So in the latest chapter of my current novel, Discovery : . . . Passes . . . the MC kind of did the big no in a world that would be very hostile for the likes of his kin, Otherworlders alike. Hint's up top.

This happened after denying the invitation given to him in his dreams :

View attachment 16805

Read it for more details, kek.​

So I'd like to believe there's 2 kinds of interface that I like to bring up with interfaces that comes up at the characters' head in most LitRPGs and/or System novels :
Tyrannical, Manipulative, Commandeering 'godly' beings that offers you a chance to rise to the top, and grants you rewards after entertaining them.
The prizes are, naturally, national levels for the most. Though, the chance always comes with some sacrifice. These, I call [System].

Mechanical, Lifeless, Obedient machines that is injected into some gears that informs you of the things you've accomplished and what you could or should do in the while, but are not in absolute control of you or anything living aside from the other machines, really. These, I call [H.U.D]

One is dead, while the other One (possibly) wants me dead.
Do you think denying the offer's a good cause, especially if there's something icky about them, even with all the mentioning of the prizes?
Or is it more worth it, to persevere with their own will and hard-work while having a lifeless machine being some kind of aide alongside you, even if that means living will be no less than hell without those grand prizes?
If it was the first type, I would reject it immediately assuming I have the choice to.
If it were the second, as long as none of the tasks are mandatory with threat of death, harm, etc. when not complying then I would probably accept it.

Though for the second you it is iffy not knowing the purpose behind it.

matalayudasleazy

Didn't think anyone'd look at this thread, kek.
Since System's a thing, I plan to have MC who breds his power by pure hardwork and others who may or may not have some System or HUD that assists them, and the details of how those affects their livings.

I'll return to writing again, been having the time of my life modding Sekiro alongside all the folks over at Sekiro:Resurrection and For the Sake of Ashina's discord server, and I'm currently making a mod that'd basically be inspiration for my OCs power moves in my current work.
Name's UnitioniZed if you're over at Nexusmods, so there's that.