Did you ever get spoiled by yourself while writing ?

NobleTalon

It might sound absurd, but did you ever feel that you just spoiled yourself while writing your story ?

I was imagining and writing the storyline of my novel for the next 50 or so chapters, and I went so far that I started to be like "naaah I don't want to know what happens anymore"

I had to force myself to stop writing the storyline for the next arcs cuz I felt like a reader of my own story getting spoiled by... myself ? lmao

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
I've put in, sort of an easter egg in my story, already showing what happens at the end for the MC.

I hope no one finds it, honestly.

But no. Why would you hate spoiling something for yourself that you made?

NobleTalon

But no. Why would you hate spoiling something for yourself that you made?

Idk, while I'm the one writing the story I still like to let enough space and liberty in the storyline, so I can change stuff on the way.

It makes it more enjoyable when I surprise myself with new ideas while writing, I feel like I'm both writer and reader at the same time.

That's just my feeling tho, I might be the only one thinking like that lmao

Last edited:

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
It might sound absurd, but did you ever feel that you just spoiled yourself while writing your story ?

I was imagining and writing the storyline of my novel for the next 50 or so chapters, and I went so far that I started to be like "naaah I don't want to know what happens anymore"

I had to force myself to stop writing the storyline for the next arcs cuz I felt like a reader of my own story getting spoiled by... myself ? lmao
For me, it’s the opposite. I plan so much ahead that I get bored writing what’s currently happening HAHAHA

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I have a story currently posted, and I have it planed pretty far ahead and with an ending in mind. Recently however I think I've found that I enjoy short stories much more. Almost finished my first short story now, and I've just found it much more engaging.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

my endgoal is just living in the countryside with sexy dryad waifus and repopulating the rainforests with cute lil saplings, no matter how many men women and children i have to kill to get to it. So no, I'm a simple man with simple endings and that's how i like it.

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
I write, and reading old chapters I get to read the old scrip of the past, my memory isn’t good

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
No, I never felt this way in particular.

What I did feel though, was that when I was writing a for a specific RP character, I started getting me into an excessively depressive mood, as my character was in a horribly down period of her life with no visible way up, so she was just being more and more depressive and desperate with each passing day... And it was affecting me a bit too much, so at some point I just stopped writing for her for the sake of my own mental well-being.

... Who'd have guessed? Turns out that bleeding too much into your characters and putting them into a horribly depressive situation with no way out isn't the best of ideas for your own mental state... >.>

So uhn... I have been affected by my writing before, but definitely not in the way you're describing.