Did You Know the Series Finder Existed?

• Yes

Votes: 24 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tony

Staff member
Even though Scribble Hub is pretty new as a site, I made sure to implement as many features as I could. The problem is, I never really explained any of the features on the site which could be really confusing if you're new to the site. That's why this thread is here! I'll do my best to explain the many features of Scribble Hub starting with the.... Series Finder. You can find this feature by clicking on the "Read" link from the header and clicking on "Series Finder" or clicking on the search icon located in the top right hand corner then finding the "Series Finder" link.

The Series Finder is a really powerful tool which lets you find series based on the number of chapters, chapters per week, favorites, ratings, number of ratings, number of readers, number of reviews, last updated, pages, pageviews, word count, genre, tags and more. It'll get more powerful as more novels show up on the site.

By default, most of the options are hidden because it could be confusing for new users so if you want it to display all the options, please click on the "Advance" button located at the top right corner of the page.

Options
  • Chapters - The number of chapters.
  • Chapters per Week - The average amount of chapters per week released.
  • Favorites - The number of favorites.
  • Ratings - Rating from 1-5.
  • Number of Ratings - The amount of ratings this series has received.
  • Readers - The number of readers.
  • Reviews - The number of reviews.
  • Last Update - The last time the series was updated.
  • Pages - The number of pages.
  • Pageviews (Thousands) - The total pageviews (Thousands).
  • Total Words (Thousands) - The total words (Thousands).
  • Genre - The genre(s) you want to include/exclude in your searches. Click on the genre once to include and twice to exclude.
  • Fandom - This is a "Type to search" box. Just type the fandom you're searching for.
  • Tags - The tag(s) you want to include/exclude in your searches.
  • Content Warning - The warning(s) you want to include/exclude in your searches.
  • Reading Lists - The reading list(s) you want to include/exclude in your searches.
  • Story Status - The status of the story.
  • Sort by - Sort your results by the options you selected.
Examples
Here are some examples you can search for using the Series finder:
Those are just a few examples. You can do a lot more with this feature :blobthumbsup:

If you have any questions about this feature, please reply in this thread and I'll do my best to answer them.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Thanks for the in-depth post for the feature. Also, a happy new year to you @Tony!

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I'd actually be surprised if you didn't know this already.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
This is a carry-over from NU so most people probably know about this. I wonder if ScribbleHub has any features that newcomers won't know about? The reading list function will be familiar to NU peeps, but other sites like Royalroad (LUL) lacks such a feature.

tak

I know it exists, but it took some time to find it

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for the in-depth post for the feature. Also, a happy new year to you @Tony!
I'd actually be surprised if you didn't know this already.
This is a carry-over from NU so most people probably know about this. I wonder if ScribbleHub has any features that newcomers won't know about? The reading list function will be familiar to NU peeps, but other sites like Royalroad (LUL) lacks such a feature.
I know it exists, but it took some time to find it

I figured I should start off easy first :blobchristmas:

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Ooh, what hidden feature will Tony have in store for us then?

Yorth

Swordman
do you have something like twitch's hidden menu in store for us? For those of you who don't know, twitch has a hidden menu in its dashboard that only appears if you type in the konami code.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
do you have something like twitch's hidden menu in store for us? For those of you who don't know, twitch has a hidden menu in its dashboard that only appears if you type in the konami code.
I doubt Tony-chan has any intention of adding a hidden feature that is not intuitive for users.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
actually hyped for #2 since I'm too lazy to test out the main site