Resolved Disappearing Tags

Lukha

mother of all ships
Hey, I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but every time I edit the details of a novel, my tags disappear. This has happened twice now, so I'm not sure if it's a bug or me doing something wrong and accidentally deleting them somehow.

Tony

Staff member
Hey, I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but every time I edit the details of a novel, my tags disappear. This has happened twice now, so I'm not sure if it's a bug or me doing something wrong and accidentally deleting them somehow.

Does all of your tags disappear? Also, which part (description, genre, tags, etc etc) of the novel were you editing?

Lukha

mother of all ships
Does all of your tags disappear? Also, which part (description, genre, tags, etc etc) of the novel were you editing?
Yeah, all my tags disappear. The first time I was editing the title. The second time was just now when I had edited the cover.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, all my tags disappear. The first time I was editing the title. The second time was just now when I had edited the cover.

That's weird. I just tried editing the title a few times and no luck trying to recreate the bug. Which device and browser are you using?

Lukha

mother of all ships
That's weird. I just tried editing the title a few times and no luck trying to recreate the bug. Which device and browser are you using?
I'm on a Macbook Air using Chrome. It was weird the second time too because the tags didn't disappear when I had initially requested for the new cover but it disappeared after the image was approved and the change had gone through. Maybe that helps? Idk, if you can't recreate it, that's fine. I'll just keep a backup of my tags before I update anything next time.

Tony

Staff member
I'm on a Macbook Air using Chrome. It was weird the second time too because the tags didn't disappear when I had initially requested for the new cover but it disappeared after the image was approved and the change had gone through. Maybe that helps? Idk, if you can't recreate it, that's fine. I'll just keep a backup of my tags before I update anything next time.

That's annoying for you having to keep re-adding tags though. I'll keep testing things to see if I can recreate the bug. Thanks!

Lukha

mother of all ships
That's annoying for you having to keep re-adding tags though. I'll keep testing things to see if I can recreate the bug. Thanks!
No problem! And thanks for your hard work!

Lukha

mother of all ships
Hey, I think I was able to figure out why the tags kept disappearing. I think sometimes when I press "edit" for the details of my novel, this weird thing happens where all the tags come up as a scrolling selection thing.

I couldn't select anything, and when I saved the changes and was brought back to the finished page, all the tags had disappeared just like before. It's strange though because every time I edit a novel, I keep an eye on the tags now, and it seems to not happen all the time, only sometimes; so I'm not really sure what triggers this weird bug.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Hey, I think I was able to figure out why the tags kept disappearing. I think sometimes when I press "edit" for the details of my novel, this weird thing happens were all the tags come up as a scrolling selection thing.
View attachment 768
I couldn't select anything, and when I saved the changes and was brought back to the finished page, all the tags had disappeared just like before. It's strange though because every time I edit a novel, I keep an eye on the tags now, and it seems to not happen all the time, only sometimes; so I'm not really sure what triggers this weird bug.

That's definitely where the problem is and it's fixed. Basically, the script to load the tags didn't load properly so after pressing the "save" button, it thinks you removed all the tags.

I added extra checks to make sure the script loads properly and if it doesn't, it won't delete your tags even after pressing "save".

Thanks for providing a detailed bug report!

Lukha

mother of all ships
That's definitely where the problem is and it's fixed. Basically, the script to load the tags didn't load properly so after pressing the "save" button, it thinks you removed all the tags.

I added extra checks to make sure the script loads properly and if it doesn't, it won't delete your tags even after pressing "save".

Thanks for providing a detailed bug report!
Thanks for your hard work! :blob_melt: