Discord & Patreon

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
I'm just curious.:blob_hmm::blob_hmm:

I would love to know how creating an exclusive discord page for my Patreon would help writers gain traction for their web novels. It's just that I tried researching some pieces of stuff on the leading novels both in SH and RR and most of them have their exclusive discord page.

So can anyone please feed my curiosity?:blob_popcorn::blob_cookie::blob_cookie:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I'm just curious.:blob_hmm::blob_hmm:

I would love to know how creating an exclusive discord page for my Patreon would help writers gain traction for their web novels. It's just that I tried researching some pieces of stuff on the leading novels both in SH and RR and most of them have their exclusive discord page.

So can anyone please feed my curiosity?:blob_popcorn::blob_cookie::blob_cookie:
I don't think that would make you gain any traction. The people that enter your patreon are already dedicated readers that are willing to support you. Having a discord for them won't make it get more popular.

What it may do, is incentivize someone that wants to interact with you more directly to support you monetarily, but I dunno if anyone would actually do it for the discord tbh.

I'd say the main benefit of a closed discord, is having a place to talk about your novel with people that love it.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
I don't think that would make you gain any traction. The people that enter your patreon are already dedicated readers that are willing to support you. Having a discord for them won't make it get more popular.

What it may do, is incentivize someone that wants to interact with you more directly to support you monetarily, but I dunno if anyone would actually do it for the discord tbh.

I'd say the main benefit of a closed discord, is having a place to talk about your novel with people that love it.
I see thank you very much!:blob_happy::blob_happy: