Discord (Scribble's)

SourDaiDai

So, I've heard Scribble has a Discord, but I'm pretty hesitant in joining. A few reasons why are :

• Is there much use? I mean yeah, you talk to people in real time I guess but what else?

• I had a previous encounter with someone hacking into my account, they did some damage and I still feel guilty to the people they hurt.

• How many people actually use it? There won't really be a point in using it if it's a ghost town.
What are your thoughts? Do you use the discord? What are your thoughts?

Goswick

Drunken Australian
I mean, it's pretty damn active, and there's a lot of stuff that happens in there - such as live writing, editing, and just general conversation about the webnovels we write / read. It's a good place to meet a lot of the other authors, and - of course, there's always blobspam lol :blobtaco:

But nah, it's a wholesome community. I use it a fair bit, and I'm enjoying it :blob_hug:

FriendlyDragon

Your friendly local dragon~
The discord server is decently large with a number of active people who go there to procrastinate chat. It's a place to chill as well as get help with writing and things of that nature. We have channels dedicated to helping other writers both new and old improve.

If you have your account hacked like that again, then it would be best if you just message the moderators about your situation. People will understand.

Biggest hurdle might be the culture, but hey, if you read a lot of SH stories, then you'll fit right in.

Alienix

People in discord are very respectful and well mannered. They have righteous mind too. Oh, and, yeah, they are just great. Their Alignments: lawful good

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
So, I've heard Scribble has a Discord, but I'm pretty hesitant in joining. A few reasons why are :

• Is there much use? I mean yeah, you talk to people in real time I guess but what else?

• I had a previous encounter with someone hacking into my account, they did some damage and I still feel guilty to the people they hurt.

• How many people actually use it? There won't really be a point in using it if it's a ghost town.
It is pretty good over there. Ya could ask for advice if yar writing and wished to improve yar novel. Aside from that, they're not toxic. A nice place to chill and get some inspiration by simply dabbling along with their chattiness. And absolutely not a Ghosst town - it's a place more ya will see a doggo, a tragedy lover, a donut, a lover who loves a tragedy lover, a rabbit, a snake, and many many more.

PS: GO AND Join. Be corrupted! Mehehe.

SourDaiDai

People in discord are very respectful and well mannered. They have righteous mind too. Oh, and, yeah, they are just great. Their Alignments: lawful good
Gosh, I just got Dragon Raja flash-backs...

The discord server is decently large with a number of active people who go there to procrastinate chat. It's a place to chill as well as get help with writing and things of that nature. We have channels dedicated to helping other writers both new and old improve.

If you have your account hacked like that again, then it would be best if you just message the moderators about your situation. People will understand.

Biggest hurdle might be the culture, but hey, if you read a lot of SH stories, then you'll fit right in.
I see... Thank you for your input! Honestly, I'm currently procrastinating on my essay for class.... I should get on that, heh. It's nice to know that I can contact the moderator, and knowing they would understand really helps! I'm pretty nervous about coming back, like my keyboards becoming a sticky key!...Otta' clean it soon.

... we have a bot there that can reassure you if you type '!reassure' in the #story-bot channel.
Seriously? Σ(・口・) That's.freaking.AWESOME!!!!

Join us we're great
...Holy hell your profile's cute! If I could see your doggo, I'll be hooked!

It is pretty good over there. Ya could ask for advice if yar writing and wished to improve yar novel. Aside from that, they're not toxic. A nice place to chill and get some inspiration by simply dabbling along with their chattiness. And absolutely not a Ghosst town - it's a place more ya will see a doggo, a tragedy lover, a donut, a lover who loves a tragedy lover, a rabbit, a snake, and many many more.

PS: GO AND Join. Be corrupted! Mehehe.
Thank you for your input! It's really nice knowing multiple people are saying it's active!

I mean, it's pretty damn active, and there's a lot of stuff that happens in there - such as live writing, editing, and just general conversation about the webnovels we write / read. It's a good place to meet a lot of the other authors, and - of course, there's always blobspam lol :blobtaco:

But nah, it's a wholesome community. I use it a fair bit, and I'm enjoying it :blob_hug:
Just'a question, is Toby there? Or anyone of the moderators here are there as well?
Do people use voice chat? Are Voice Mods allowed? (I'm self-consistence about my voice)
Are we required to inform people about our accounts here, there?
Also, I'm assume that we are required to speak and type English? Am I wrong?

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Just'a question, is Toby there? Or anyone of the moderators here are there as well?
Do people use voice chat? Are Voice Mods allowed? (I'm self-consistence about my voice)
Are we required to inform people about our accounts here, there?
Also, I'm assume that we are required to speak and type English? Am I wrong?
Assuming you meant Tony, then yes, he is there (sometimes). Moderators? we have moderators here on the forum? (there's 3 mods on the discord though)

People rarely use voice chat.
You aren't required to inform people about your account here
You do have to speak/type english though, otherwise it's hard to moderate

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Unfortunately my pfp isn't my dog. I have no dog.

Tony is there (and there's no other Scribblehub mods. Only discord mods.)

There's very rarely some voice chatting, but most just sit there muted.

Yes, we prefer to have discord account and SH account associated, so you'll need to post your SH profile for colored roles. If you don't want roles, then you can be anonymous.

English is the language we use.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

Well just think about how long threads here sit around before some generous soul decides to reply

If you have a question of anything, better to use discord for a more immediate answer. But that aside, yeah i wouldnt bother tbh. I feel that since the main sight cant even let you use a slightly risque cover without, the server prolly has rules too.

And i dont do rules.

I do random nsfw stuff.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Well just think about how long threads here sit around before some generous soul decides to reply

If you have a question of anything, better to use discord for a more immediate answer. But that aside, yeah i wouldnt bother tbh. I feel that since the main sight cant even let you use a slightly risque cover without, the server prolly has rules too.

And i dont do rules.

I do random nsfw stuff.
The discord is supposedly pg-13, so yeah. Although what's considered pg 13 is another issue...

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

And i dont do rules.

I do random nsfw stuff.
send me your discord link lmao

The discord is supposedly pg-13, so yeah. Although what's considered pg 13 is another issue...
the server's threshold of pg13 is victorian English levels of tradition

Sinpathy

And i dont do rules.

I do random nsfw stuff.

This.