Do vent diaries work?

SkippyForfex

I can feel my mental health deteriorate every passing day and I need to let it all out to someone. I'm not comfortable with sharing with people because I think I annoy them with my vent so I need some other medium to do so.

I plan on holding a vent diary but does it really work?

Erys

Her Highness
well there's that. I'd like a death note too please :blob_aww:🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️
Just order one online. The rules only say a Human who buys or sells the Death Note in the human world will die. It's safe to buy in the virtual world.

SkippyForfex

You can think better, further, and more productively if you write; not as a diary per se but write anything that bothers you; it'll be remedial to do so. You'll organize your memories, change meaning of situations that bother you in thought. And perhaps you'll even know what you want to do ahead, where you want to end up in 5 years, know what to do to get there, etc etc.
Tldr, its self therapy
that is true. but what if I'm having a mental breakdown? I really can't think straight and I'll end up writing rubbish sentences that don't make sense. i did try writing but it didn't make me feel any better. instead, it made me cry more

Macha

Not a Klutz
that is true. but what if I'm having a mental breakdown? I really can't think straight and I'll end up writing rubbish sentences that don't make sense. i did try writing but it didn't make me feel any better. instead, it made me cry more
You can use this as an example:

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
If you feel like that see a doctor. Anything else is just self destructive. I mean, happy-slapping those annoying moped-riding, dope-smoking little hippies outside the window would give you a dopamine hit, sure...but it wouldn't last long and wouldn't fix the problem long term.
You need help so go get it. Been there, so heed my words.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Depends on person to person, but I prefer to write the names of people who wronged me in the Death Note.
Good thing you don't know my real name.
I can feel my mental health deteriorate every passing day and I need to let it all out to someone. I'm not comfortable with sharing with people because I think I annoy them with my vent so I need some other medium to do so.

I plan on holding a vent diary but does it really work?
No. Vent Diaries don't work.

I wouldn't say sharing is the only way either. I think the best way is to meditate and try and figure yourself out and don't jump to conclusions about anything.

Be Objective.
I don't know why you're "deteriorating" but I do know this... find the source of it.
If the source is jealousy because you're comparing yourself to people who are better off... start comparing yourself to people worse off for a bit.
If the source is annoyance with people then start looking for a way out of that situation.

I've worked for years in terrible work places before, and after thinking about how it's been I think I would have left much sooner with the experience i have now.

Venting is only a temporary at best, stupid at worst solution. Journaling however is different. The intent of Journaling is to figure out what is causing you to feel a certain way (recording your feelings day to day based on situations and then looking for a pattern).

The most important thing is intent. What is your intent with the current situation and what are you doing to fix the mentality. Finding a counselor may or may not work (honestly depends on the counselor and there are a lot of shit counselors out there).

I wish you good luck.

D

Deleted member 54065

Try to seek professional help, they'll know better what to do. Mental health is as important as physical one anyway.

And well, when I went through mental breakdown back in 2019, I ended up crying a lot. I guess, you got tons of pent-up frustrations for that to happen, and it's pretty fine to let it out by crying as well.

SkippyForfex

If you feel like that see a doctor. Anything else is just self destructive. I mean, happy-slapping those annoying moped-riding, dope-smoking little hippies outside the window would give you a dopamine hit, sure...but it wouldn't last long and wouldn't fix the problem long term.
You need help so go get it. Been there, so heed my words.
I would like to but I'm going to try any other way. I just don't like seeing counselors and therapists.... I will go there if it gets worse
But thank you for your concern! I appreciate it.

I wouldn't say sharing is the only way either. I think the best way is to meditate and try and figure yourself out and don't jump to conclusions about anything.

Be Objective.
I don't know why you're "deteriorating" but I do know this... find the source of it.
If the source is jealousy because you're comparing yourself to people who are better off... start comparing yourself to people worse off for a bit.
If the source is annoyance with people then start looking for a way out of that situation.

I've worked for years in terrible work places before, and after thinking about how it's been I think I would have left much sooner with the experience i have now.

Venting is only a temporary at best, stupid at worst solution. Journaling however is different. The intent of Journaling is to figure out what is causing you to feel a certain way (recording your feelings day to day based on situations and then looking for a pattern).

The most important thing is intent. What is your intent with the current situation and what are you doing to fix the mentality. Finding a counselor may or may not work (honestly depends on the counselor and there are a lot of shit counselors out there).

I wish you good luck.
Omi thank you for your help. I'll try to follow what you said but as the other person and you said, I should go to a counselor. Maybe if it gets worse :)

Agentt

Thighs
Mmm, as a psychology student I must say vent diaries work very well actually.

You mentioned what if you have a panic attack and you scribble non sense there.

That's fine actually.

Like, it is your diary. Do what you want, it's not like you are meant to decorate it to show someone else.

A very important part however is to keep reviewing them,
Go check out your past entries and ask yourself if your behaviour was justified or not, will you still behave that way?

Do know that the purpose of vent diaries is not to fix any problems you have, but to make you come in terms with them.
It is so that you are no longer confused or afraid of your impulses, it is to know yourself better.

SkippyForfex

Mmm, as a psychology student I must say vent diaries work very well actually.

You mentioned what if you have a panic attack and you scribble non sense there.

That's fine actually.

Like, it is your diary. Do what you want, it's not like you are meant to decorate it to show someone else.

A very important part however is to keep reviewing them,
Go check out your past entries and ask yourself if your behaviour was justified or not, will you still behave that way?

Do know that the purpose of vent diaries is not to fix any problems you have, but to make you come in terms with them.
It is so that you are no longer confused or afraid of your impulses, it is to know yourself better.
Well then. For the time being, I'll keep one. Thank you for your kind help!

Agentt

Thighs
Well then. For the time being, I'll keep one. Thank you for your kind help!
Mmm, feel free to ask me if you come across any problems, in fact, would you mind if I create a PM with you?

Be Objective.

I wish you good luck.
And this, while this is correct, this is one of those "easier said than done" things.

Like, great if you are able to do it, but it's alright and even normal if you aren't able to.

This is meant for the OP and not you Anon

Kumiho

Eugh eig
Not really answering the question, but if you can, try doing some exercise, maybe like a plank or squats, just anything like that will keep you distracted and make your body produce chemicals to make you feel better.

Don't sleep arouns and do nothing all day, that's gonna worsen your state. If you don't like exercise go buy something physically, keeps you distracted.
Not really answering the question, but if you can, try doing some exercise, maybe like a plank or squats, just anything like that will keep you distracted and make your body produce chemicals to make you feel better.

Don't sleep arouns and do nothing all day, that's gonna worsen your state. If you don't like exercise go buy something physically, keeps you distracted.
Also very important sleep around 7-8 hours a day, anything more or less than that has unwanted side effects
MvwLKy3SfvJwXFKCRMDAFrt961GpVHSvsfiWXYkw8.png

SkippyForfex

Also very important sleep around 7-8 hours a day, anything more or less than that has unwanted side effectsView attachment 14847
yeeeeeeeeesh about the sleep thing... i get less than 5-