Do yanderes always need to kill their love interests?

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
So, i'm currently outlining my new story: Training Diary of Sayori-sama.

And, the MC's fiancee, Sayori is a yandere. What i want to do is, she secretly hatches a plan to mold MC into the perfect groom under the guise of "vacation" to their family's summer house. I need some tips on how build up an extreme yandere without killing the MC in the process.

Agentt

Thighs
Hm? No. Don't. I love yanderes, they-
Wish you good night and good morning everyday
Scolde you for waking up late
If you can't sleep, they would break into your house to make some tea
They are the one friend who you can always count on
They get jealous when you keep them out of stuff
You can get free nudes
You can get help with homework
Dates are much easier when she has already memorized the whole map

Edit: I realised how useless my answer is for you. Sorry

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Take a note out of Mirai Nikki
drugging mc to unconscious state and playing with their body like a toy
Or you can just have them threaten/kill family members and make mc fall into depression. The second suggestion is good, because it shows just how different the yandere's thought process is from other people, since most readers are hung up on the concept of kinship and murder of innocents and family members will be quite shocking and show that the yandere has no chill and she loves mc, but the mc she imagines in her head, and that she will not stop until she gets what she wants, consequences be damned

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
So, i'm currently outlining my new story: Training Diary of Sayori-sama.

And, the MC's fiancee, Sayori is a yandere. What i want to do is, she secretly hatches a plan to mold MC into the perfect groom under the guise of "vacation" to their family's summer house. I need some tips on how build up an extreme yandere without killing the MC in the process.
That's not what yandere do as a rule. Yandere are basically just people whose extreme love warped their decision-making abilities. They love the other person so much that they want to be with the person so much and removes all barrier or interruption between them and their other person.

That means there is a very, very narrow circumstance that leads to them killing their beloved. Usually it's something along the line of "I'll kill you, then I'll kill myself, that's the only way we can be together," or "I'll kill you and keep you by my side forever, so that you will never leave me again." But the "Hurr durr, don't kill me, please" is mostly in reference only to Mirai Nikki.

In general though, yandere do not kill their love target. They may maim, cut off the limbs, kidnap, rape or imprison their love target, but never kill them. Because you see, if you kill your love one, then they're dead. What are you going to do with a dead body? They would however, kill everyone else, because if everyone else is dead, then there're only them and their target and they can live 'happily ever after'.

In writing a yandere, you need to:
1) Put yourself into the shoes of an unhinged, psychotic character who feels extremely insecure any time your love target looks at or speaks to another person.
2) You need to look into yourself and imagine what would happen if your target, for this case, we shall assume a man, sleeps with another woman, puts a baby in her, and leaves you while laughing. In reality, this doesn't happen, but this is what you imagined whenever you see him speaking with another woman.
3) Imagine what you would happen if the love of your life leaves you while the woman in his arms laughs and ridicules you, for not being good enough or saying that he never loved you and he only loved her all this time. This is not true by the way, he never left you, but this is what you imagine all the time.
4) Now imagine what you would do as this imagination warps your memory, making you think that this is actually happening but it is not. It's just in your head.

It doesn't matter if the man is already your boyfriend or is just someone you admire. To a yandere, the target is already theirs. This ability (or tendency) to impose fantasy into reality is what defines the yandere. Where The Stalker is just someone who wants to make someone they admire theirs, The Yandere already have that someone theirs in their minds.

Last edited:

ElliePorter

I see i see... Then, i will change some things in my outline. I appreciate your support with this.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Honestly, Mirai Nikki has the definitive yandere. I always take Yuno Gasai as the standard when I write a yandere character

D

Deleted member 49654

I think yandere don't really feel like killing their love interests. They feel like killing everyone else, but they are very affectionate to their partners. Actually, this extreme love, affection, and jealousy is the reason for their psychotic behavior toward pretty much everyone who comes near their man/woman.

PS: In your case, you can use side characters to outline your yandere lead. For example, she will try her best to mold her fiancee into her dream man. She can show her dark side only behind his back. Let him call his best male friend to brag about his future vacation, and she will go scratch on his window at night, throw dead animals, or kills his pet. Then they can go to the villa. While they are out shopping he will look in passing at a random girl...Of course to his girlfriend, this passersby will look like the ultimate slut trying to seduce her fiancee, etc. Well, these are just examples. The behavior gap in front and behind his back can be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
I believe there are many types of yandere.

For example, if they spot their lover cheating:

1. Chaotic Neutral: kill their lover because they weren't faithful.

2. Chaotic Good: kill the b*tch who swindled their lover.

3. Chaotic Evil : kill them both. Might as well commit suicide.

4. Lawful Neutral : support it so long as they're still loved.

5. Lawful Good : support it wholehearty beacause they know their lover is too cool and need more than one lover... They might as well enjoy threesome.

6. Lawful Evil : Support it, but depended on the situation they might either kill either one or both.

7. True Neutral : kill both the author and the reader.

ElliePorter

I believe there are many types of yandere.

For example, if they spot their lover cheating:

1. Chaotic Neutral: kill their lover because they weren't faithful.

2. Chaotic Good: kill the b*tch who swindled their lover.

3. Chaotic Evil : kill them both. Might as well commit suicide.

4. Lawful Neutral : support it so long as they're still loved.

5. Lawful Good : support it wholehearty beacause they know their lover is too cool and need more than one lover... They might as well enjoy threesome.

6. Lawful Evil : Support it, but depended on the situation they might either kill either one or both.

7. True Neutral : kill both the author and the reader.
The no. 7 was unexpected omg 🤣

ElliePorter

This is a pretty handy link. https://the-dere-types.fandom.com/wiki/Yandere#Types_of_Yandere

Sounds like your yandere, OP, is a choukyou-gata type, also known as a training type.

Also, just found that the protag of one of my novels in actually a type 2 yangire.
Wow, thanks for the wiki!

Didnt know that there are different variations of Yanderes. This might come in handy with my current ongoing novel, daydream where the character, Sei kidnapped her childhood friend in order to separate him from his girlfriend who is the student council president of their school.

Tblew

Nope, but they are obsessive, insecure, and get jealous very easily.