Do you enjoy long books or short ones?

Luosiuwu

So recently I’ve been researching, procrastinating, and divulging in books. Why? So I can do my best to properly rewrite my proudest works!

Now, in terms of reading books it can be considered that most of you have a different take on what is long and short. Personally I stayed away from books that were less than at least two-hundred pages and the longest ones I read were four-hundred...

But! That all changed two days ago...

When I came across a seven hundred page book, I wont deny I was a bit unsure. Though that changed, I enjoyed the book, cried, gagged, and thought about my life choices after reading it. I finished the book roughly under 4 to 5 hours, possibly six because I kept pausing in between lol.

It happened to be a series, so OF COURSE I was gonna read the second book, and which to my surprise was nine-hundred pages.

Never been so happy about the amount of words and pages in a book in my life. I finished this one in 4 hours.

So here we are, I’ve now dedicated my life to searching for books over one thousand pages and reading just became even more exciting.

So! Do you enjoy long or short books?

How many pages out of a book are you willing to read?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
So recently I’ve been researching, procrastinating, and divulging in books. Why? So I can do my best to properly rewrite my proudest works!

Now, in terms of reading books it can be considered that most of you have a different take on what is long and short. Personally I stayed away from books that were less than at least two-hundred pages and the longest ones I read were four-hundred...

But! That all changed two days ago...

When I came across a seven hundred page book, I wont deny I was a bit unsure. Though that changed, I enjoyed the book, cried, gagged, and thought about my life choices after reading it. I finished the book roughly under 4 to 5 hours, possibly six because I kept pausing in between lol.

It happened to be a series, so OF COURSE I was gonna read the second book, and which to my surprise was nine-hundred pages.

Never been so happy about the amount of words and pages in a book in my life. I finished this one in 4 hours.

So here we are, I’ve now dedicated my life to searching for books over one thousand pages and reading just became even more exciting.

So! Do you enjoy long or short books?

How many pages out of a book are you willing to read?
Meh. To me long is 1000 pages. Medium 500-900 and anything below is pretty short.

Needles to say, i love em long and thick.

FriendlyDragon

Your friendly local dragon~
I love long ones, especially books that have an entire series. I'm often disappointed when reading a book and finishing it only to discover that that was the only book and there's no continuation. Sometimes its for the best, but I love series. I've read five hundred page books in a few hours so the length means nothing if it's engaging.

cyanwaw

I think page count is less important than word count. The Count of Monte Cristo only has like 1200 pages yet it takes like 20 hours to read. And length of a book doesn’t really matter so long as it’s good. But a longer book will take more effort to start since it’s a longer time commitment.

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
hmm I'm fine with reading long or short books but it also depends on how much free time I have or my mood

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
hmm I'm fine with reading long or short books but it also depends on how much free time I have or my mood
Same with me!

These days I don't have the energy to keep up with an extremely long novel.

If I see a text well, I actually struggle through it >.<

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Whatever gets the story across effectively is good. Doesn't really matter if it's long or short.

LWFlouisa

In general I prefer to read novellas, generally between 15,000-30,000 words. ( Going by the Science Fiction and Fantasy word count descriptor. )

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I don't care that much for length usually, but I have limits... Like... If you tell me a series has over 1000 chapters, I don't care how many words each chapter has, I'm not reading it.

I generally prefer shorter stuff because it's easier to read without compromising too much time, but I like longer stories too, just... Well, it can't be excessively long.