Do you ever feel bored toward this world?

Ace_Raven

Truth to be told,

I've promised to live a long and fulfilling life.

Yet, often i think to myself

"is this it after all?"

"Is there nothing in this world that they can offer that will change me once again."

So bit of context, i used to be a really hopeful innocent child.

When everything is still felt new and interesting. I'm excited about everything (and often disappointed, but that's ok.)

But, this last 5 to 8 years I've been change, in a lot of way.

A lot about me is different from what i used to be.

But, one thing that i felt the most about that change is that, now i feel this constant boredom.

Everyone around me seems to not notice it yet (if they ever gonna will) but, both they and me all this time has lived a stagnant life. One day try to repeat the previous day. But, that's okay if only i could ignore this feeling of boredom.

I hoped this not happened to you though.

Be happy for me.

(P.s. No, this is not a suicide post)

SkeletonLord

Truth to be told,

"is this it after all?"

"Is there nothing in this world that they can offer that will change me once again."

When everything is still felt new and interesting. I'm excited about everything (and often disappointed, but that's ok.)

But, one thing that i felt the most about that change is that, now i feel this constant boredom.

Everyone around me seems to not notice it yet (if they ever gonna will) but, both they and me all this time has lived a stagnant life. One day try to repeat the previous day. But, that's okay if only i could ignore this feeling of boredom.

Be happy for me.

Yes, during the exams when i know nothing to write and contemplate about the meaninglessness of life. But then the bell rings.

nosinkarma

It's same for me, but I generally tend to think it's a part of being becoming adult.
During my school and college days I was just that spontaneous, I would do any random shit for no reason and still find it absolutely enjoyable.

As you grow up things just don't remain same, partly due to running out of things to enjoy and partly due to your maturity (understanding that you need to earn a living),I mean come on just how many more movies or TV series you gonna binge. At some point you just feel really bored really really bored.

I used to read so many webnovels 2-3 years back. I would just read any random shit that I saw on novelupdates. Not anymore I am just that bored and probably acquired specific taste, so I only read very few nowadays.

Also that lame laid-back attitude that grips you when you feel so bored and uninterested, makes you loose so much valuable time in indecisiveness.
I sometimes spend days just to decide on what to do next. Any task, watching movies, reading, studying, going for a new hobby; anything literally anything that I do, I end planning a lot, doing a lot lesser.
It's so messed up. :sweating_profusely:

BubbleC

Floating Idiot
Yeah, I’ve experienced some pretty severe apathy towards life. Felt liked nothing mattered and just couldn’t care about anything.

Although, recently I’ve done some very stupid stuff because of my boredom, and in the process I’ve learned about how great life can be too. Simply eating good food and looking at a rabbit hoppin’ down the street is enough to make me think that everything in life is worth it. When you lose a lot, you realize how much the little things in life matter. It’s nice. Just the thought that life is beautiful, no matter how fleeting that beauty is, makes me enjoy it.

While I do believe that life is ultimately meaningless and purposeless, I like to approach it with an absurdist philosophy and not let the meaninglessness of life affect me too much. Helps when you change your perspective I guess. Plus, I’ve been occupying myself with creative stuff recently and that’s helped curb a lot of the bored/pessimistic thoughts. Although the downside to creativity is that you can get real low once you hit a slump (which I can feel is starting to happen to me 😔 ).

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
If you feel bored, that means you live in a more fufilling life without any worries whatsoever. Those who aren't, tend to suffer much more than you have and is in a constant cycle of suffering and hard work to earn a living. The moment you are bored means that you had always took everything you have for granted and those who work hard for it and only see you suffer with your blessings can only see as a envy rather than fufilling your own happiness.

Not gonna life, while I have suffered my life with constant abuse from my family, isolation of being alone and the constant dread that I might die in some ditch, I can so feel bored and that would only mean that I can still do stuff without worry that I might had a bullet through my skull in the next day.

I don't want to be depressing to you but at least try to live for yourself. Be arrogant, be confident, hell, be adventurous if you are so bored and unhappy with everything. Not everyone can have the luxury to own something that you have right now and think that being depressing and unconfident in life can somehow earn you happiness after you pass away. Life is always a struggle and no where near high enough to satisfy everyone but you don't need for satisfaction to come to you but you need to find it instead.

Even if it isn't a suicide post, please don't try to say to be happy for others when you can't even be happy for yourself(I tried and ended being ranted on for being too negative). Just know that even if everyone had neglected you, abandoned you or even isolated you, do not abandon yourself and try to do what your heart believes in what you do. Only by death would you know how much you regret if you think yourself like this(I experience this after my near death experiences so I can say that you will regret not trying to do something if you already given up in the first place).

"Be lucky by what you have instead of not having at all. Life is a struggle but a challenge to explore satisfaction." - Grandpa Blade

As a soldier who didn't have anything, he found happiness after he did so many things in life. There were some regrets but he always had a smile on his face whenever he saw me being bullied by my siblings. While I had suffered, he knew that I lived a happier life than he did which is why this quote stays in me. Smile from the happiness, weep from the passing and work hard when others abandoned you. He taught me this instead of my family as he knew that I would grow up knowing this and even after suffer and crying, I would continue to stand up and smile the next day.

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
Nope. Although there are times that I feel tired with the same routine of work-home-room-computer but there are still plenty out there to be discovered.
One time when I felt so empty, (I couldn't eat and sleep properly) I told my friends about it and the feeling of being laughed at is very disheartening. Yeah, they don't understand. Hard to find help. Then one time I was asked to visit a relative because of an emergency. I don't know what possessed me, I agreed. Hence I was plucked out of my comfort zone, travelled thousands of miles alone, nearly got lost and left out by the plane... the experience was such a thrill to me I suddenly forgot why I was feeling weird before all of that. Perhaps it was due to fear of not returning to my own place safely... haha I was frantic I keep praying to return to my uneventful mediocre life soon.
Others may hate the same situation I've been through but it surprisingly washed away my melancholy. There were times that uncomfortable feeling returns but there are also other unexpected things that keeps me going...

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
Truth to be told,

"is this it after all?"

Be happy for me.

Yes, I have felt like this before. To the extent that I would look through dozens of games I enjoyed and not feel like playing them, shelves of books I liked and not feel like reading them. Even food was tasteless. I had no hope for the future, both personally and as a member of the human species.

You probably aren't going to like hearing this, but it could very well be depression. Was for me.

I recommend starting a constructive hobby, something that you can enjoy and engage with. I started writing kinda just to try it out and I think it's done me a lot of good over the years. Obviously, writing may not be for you, but there are lots of other things like drawing, whittling, sculpting, photography, 3D modelling, as well as more active things like rock climbing, hiking, jogging, martial arts and so on. If you poke around a bit on the net you should find some tutorials or things you can try that are free or very cheap and can be done in or near your own home.

If you ever looked at something and thought 'huh, that's cool', why not give it a bit of a go if it's cheap and easy at the entry level? You might surprise yourself.

EternalSunset0

Bored? Not really. I actually like routine and such, so having a more sedentary and routine life with the occasional hangout was amazing for me before the pandemic hit.

Dissatisfied with life, yes. There are so many things that I want to do but cannot do, whether it be due to circumstances within or out of my control. Things that I want to have but cannot have.

Although lack of motivation to do anything at all can be a problem every now and then.

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
Sorry for making this too long, go skip it if you want...
It's normal for me to be bored every now and then, but when it happens, I often ask myself, "What am I doing?" Usually the culprit might be me watching youtube 24/7(exaggerated) while not enjoying it. When that happens I just drop what I'm doing and ask myself If it's meaningful or fun. If I found out that I'm repetitively doing things I don't enjoy, I would stop doing it. I would do other stuff so I could find joy...

I don't really consider my life as boring. Not because I don't get bored but I always find ways to alleviate it before it gets big. There's really a way to prevent boredom that I found out and that is to keep oneself busy with work. If I have work, I would finish it or I would create a task that I would do. When every big work is done, I might focus on small details in my life. I might probably add an extra right step when I'm walking for the day, read some stories or probably do house stuff...

I might be saying to keep oneself busy, but there are times that I would embrace boredom. Probably to contemplate on my life or to reassess my beliefs. There are some things one could do when everything is silent. I might look at what future I'm heading at or probably dream of what I want to do or even my reason of living. Well, I plan on living my life on pursuing knowledge and happiness...

That's why I always tried learning and reading as much as I can, both as a way to stave off boredom and a way to learn new stuff. To be honest, I never want to be a writer, but I figured that it would help me in projects about writing in my school...

So basically what I'm saying is if you can't find joy in the surface, maybe try doing things for the sake of your future, not for others but for yourself. Maybe you will learn to be happy in it along the way. Being able to help yourself without relying on others is a big thing...

Well, where are we again? Ah, we're at a thread about being bored in life. Thanks for who posted this thread and I managed to share how to deal with boredom and vented some things while I'm here that it managed to keep me entertained and not bored...
Be happy for me.
I'm a selfish person so I won't be happy for you. I'm sure you won't learn to appreciate life if I just smile for you...

Last edited:

someguysomeone

One of the dime a dozen undead
I have forgotten that luxary. I just don't have time for anything

PhillisCreziles

﹤Once a Potato﹥
Yes. Every day.
But it cannot be helped.
I'm still searching for the book that will help me cope with my boredom with existence. If it doesn't exist, I might as well write it myself.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
That just means that you are having a good and easy life. Or maybe you are just walking into a phase of Retarded Notanuffian, the young and naive him thinks that the big house and money will be with him forever and he could live life resting his legs on the table, let me just say, enjoy it but don't forget to be prepared, prepare for the worst, hope for the best. Peace out.

it do be like that sometimes, when i'm waiting for maintenance to end for my waifu games.

but the most boring part of my life had pretty much passed, so i'm grateful so far.

Daitengu

I'm a lot of things(depressed, too smart, too dumb, rebellious, anxious, brain fogged, a quiter, a male, a female), but I'm never bored so long as I have a pc and the internet.

There's just too much to learn, play, and read.
Life and interests are ever shifting. Some people can be obsessed with one thing for life. Many can't and NEED to change things up. You just have to find something that interests you now.

Arkus86

Get up, go to work, go home, kill some time, sleep, rinse and repeat. Most days only differ by what's going on at work. Sometimes I'm just sitting there bored out of my mind and yet don't feel like doing anything. And still I can't get myself to do anything about it.

someguysomeone

One of the dime a dozen undead
I'm a lot of things(depressed, too smart, too dumb, rebellious, anxious, brain fogged, a quiter, a male, a female), but I'm never bored so long as I have a pc and the internet.

There's just too much to learn, play, and read.
Life and interests are ever shifting. Some people can be obsessed with one thing for life. Many can't and NEED to change things up. You just have to find something that interests you now.
You are not female. It's internet only males exist here. All the so called females here are just males with schizophrenia and delusion. There is not a single female on internet.