Do you ever post the rough draft by mistake?

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Pretty much what the title asks.

I did it twice in a row and they were up for like three weeks before someone pointed out to me that those two chapters in particular had a lot of mistakes. There's something to be said for having organizational skills.

D

Deleted member 29316

Not a rough draft, but the manuscript is full of mistakes. Then I posted it before realizing the errors, and I had to silently update it. 😁

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Pretty much what the title asks.

I did it twice in a row and they were up for like three weeks before someone pointed out to me that those two chapters in particular had a lot of mistakes. There's something to be said for having organizational skills.
Yes, Ai-chan used to have a very bad file management. It was not uncommon for Ai-chan to accidentally pick an older file simply because the file was titled 'story of my life beastmen edition chapter 5 revision 6' and windows 7 only showed the title up to 'story of my life'.

LotsChrono

I've done so as well, lots of times, usually on Wattpad though when I'm in the midst of editing, since that's where I finish editing each chapter.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
I'm too min-maxing and a perfectionist to do that. Before something is published, I've looked through it at least 4 times. And I always do two major edits, after writing and before posting. The rest are spontaneous changes during the period in between :blob_cookie:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I usually avoid doing such things by stiffening the drafts through edits, but there are times where it's late at night and I just go FUCK IT and post it.

May be a controversial opinion but edits are more or less smoothening the diamond than improving it. If the story beats and plot points retain with the intended effect given, that's all it really needs.

Still I edit it, because sometimes I end up writing lines that look better through a noose

skillet

a frying pan
This is one of my biggest fears lol since I (foolish human I am) literally write and save all my drafts on SH...

it's dangerous here, living on the edge

OvidLemma

I only ever post drafts to here. My MO is to post my rough draft to Patreon and then do very minor editing to the same document before posting here.