Do you ever share your ideas to other people?

Mack_Frantz

I mean...If I know the guy and I don't plan on using this idea for a story in future.

JustHANO

To me it's the opposite, it's hard to find people to share with. I'd talk some head off with my stories, but i got one friend who'd listen. Plus I care very little if someone stole my system of magic or anything, but ill brag and boast about how you got that system from me.

Llamadragon

I don’t mind sharing things. I’m pretty sure that none of my ideas are completely original anyways. And we’ve all gotten our ideas from other people. Just look at all the isekai novels, tons of them are basically identical, just with slight tweaks to the same premise, if even that. So unless someone is stealing my ideas literally word for word (like basically importing a character of mine or copying a setting outright) I don’t mind it if someone copies me. We wouldn’t have genres if people didn’t copy what they liked, it’s inevitable. For good stories, yes novel things and new kinds of systems are nice and good, but what makes a story is the story. The best magic system in the world won’t ever save a trainwreck, and you can’t just copy good writing unless you’re good at writing.

I also like bouncing ideas with people. I’ve gotten some insight from discord channels on how to solve worldbuilding problems that I wouldn’t have gotten otherwise. I never post entire unwritten stories, though. If I’m asking, after all, it’s probably because I plan to write that story at some point and don’t want to release spoilers.

Dountmindme

You wot m8? You wanna go, huh? Come at me bro, y—
I share some ideas with IRL friends and online ones too. And when I share my I gets me think and they give me a few ideas to add on. They also ask good questions.

DaoFox

『Silkmaid』『Queen Sylvia Glasscrest of Arya』
Feel free to share any and all idea's even if you plan to use them in whatever combinations in your own works.

there is nothing to fear in talking about ideas because everyone gets them. the true value is in the implementation.

You can tell 100 people your idea, perhaps only 5-6 will act on it, and maybe not even 1 of them will share something that is a major success. IF they do that's great because they earned it, but then look at where they took the idea, and you will find it goes nowhere near where you planned to take it yourself.

there is nothing to lose in sharing but everything to gain.

sak-chii

Professional Procrastinator (Writer)
I've shared many writing ideas and listened to others' ideas on Discord.

I think if you're looking for feedback or someone to bounce stuff off of it helps sometimes to voice them out.

I don't think anyone would really want to take and use my ideas completely mainly because they're too weird or they have their own stuff to write about. :blobrofl:

Oh yeah, and your "friend" is a d**chebag for doing that.

What he said... (i thought i posted sth but it seemed i didnt kek))

For me, i share... what I thought of... kek... it helps one brainstorm and think of more ideas. The friend can also give suggestion.

But if the person whom i tell the idea to use it, it's prolly a what rex called him/her....

But what I would do is I would just think of another idea. But its prolly best not to share youre idea to that person again. Especially an idea u really like

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
i've shared a bunch of ideas, mainly ones i'm unable to write or am uninterested in writing myself, whether from lack of knowledge or time.

TheMoonStain

All the time. But I usually change just enough to avoid giving too much away when I describe it to them.