Do you have "theme" playlists when you write?

doravg

103/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
For each of my stories, I seem to be using the same songs when I write. So much so, that I have grown to associate the songs with the stories. Do you do the same?

BackWoodsJ_ACK

Birbs, dog, and burbers
Yea. When I want to write a fighting scene I’d play heavy bass music such as Take A Step Back or nitro cell

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
I only switch to sad songs for sad scenes, other then that, shuffle works well

aimless

Wanderer of Forums
For each of my stories, I seem to be using the same songs when I write. So much so, that I have grown to associate the songs with the stories. Do you do the same?
Mine is a bit different, I listen to certain playlists while writing certain parts

eg. ‘’Oh, a happy moment!’’ listens to ____ music

‘’Oh, a fight scene!’’ listens to ___ music etc

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
I just blast Sabbaton to hell and back

lambenttyto

Yes and no for me. For instance my novel The Princess of Malik'Dar is associated with the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack and my Jinni and the Isekai series is heavily associated with Arabian Nights 1 and 2 from cafe de anatolia. But typically I put on whatever when writing. Sometimes its soundtacks, sometimes it's synth wave (although I'd say I usually listen to synth wave when I write something futuristic, lol). I guess I do put on a certain "style" of music, for particular projects, but I don't have specific playlists.

K_Jira

I have a playlist as my background music for anything…

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
"alright, I'm in the mood, have planned out the chapter and my plot points written, time to put on some soothing typin' tunes"

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
Attack of the deadmen gets me hella hyped
Yeah! That's a damn good one! I just noticed I typed "to hell and back" without realizing that is also a song :sweat_smile:

The one that makes me shiver is Winged Hussars