Do you like Chemistry?

• Thread starter Deleted member 52382
  • Start date

someguysomeone

One of the dime a dozen undead
Bruh at higher levels, everything is just pure theory. You might think that maybe once we go in master's or PhD program it become better, nah.
You just cram even more. Practical more yes, but only what prof likes and what industry demands. And that consist of like 5 percent of your books.
Also chemistry is like hybrid of bio and phy in study model. You cram more like bio but you also need logic more like phy too.

For real organic chemistry may seem like pure cramming but it is really is not. Though it is true that chemistry is not purely reason and logic based like physics but I have seen many people suffer in math and pyhsics at higher level as it just becomes absurd. People struggle so much to even get a single question assignment done then they just complain how easy it was for you chem guys.

Plus JEE is over rated for real or more like engineering is overrated people form third rate and best colleges work in same industry and same position at same pay grade after first few years of work, experience and actual abilities matter.
well I am actually thinking about doing MSc in physics and becoming a teacher or professor if I do PHD.
Cause the only thing I care about is 6 hour 5 day work week.

I had thought about becoming a engineer but then was like I like science more

Valmond

I don't. I have a burning hatred for Chemistry that can only be solved by going back in time and murdering Jabir Ibn Hayyan(popularly known as the 'Mediterranean Loli Hated by Everyone', or the 'Father of Chemistry' but I know it won't do anything.)

Just now I discussed Pseudorotaxanes synthesis/application with someone and my brain literally died in the middle of the conversation. I actually wish I had spent as much time on Physics as I did on Chem because the former has robust, well-reasoned models that can actually be used for things other than answering questions. Chemistry on the other hand is just another field of Chinese Kamasutra where the complexity of each topic is too high for a human cumbrain to process.

So, do you like Chemistry?
I don’t mind it, however, I have Physics PTSD. 😐

someguysomeone

One of the dime a dozen undead
Oh also sci hub and z libary exists. I tend to tell anyone who seems interested in science as if it were a relegion .

nosinkarma

well I am actually thinking about doing MSc in physics and becoming a teacher or professor if I do PHD.
Cause the only thing I care about is 6 hour 5 day work week.

I had thought about becoming a engineer but then was like I like science more
Same for me too. If I go for PhD then college professor it is. Best job tbh, well respected and obviously lax life.

SternenklarenRitter

It's not chemestry until you use the white powder. (Almost all solid reagents are white powder.) But my favorite compound is ammonium borohydride.

Erios909

Chemistry is awesome and I love it;
I'm just terrible at it and math in general.
This is why my MCs are terrible at math and chemistry!

Agentt

Thighs
I love Chemistry! I love all sciences :love: I am now feeling nostalgic for my university days 🥰
I love how you never let a thread become sad.
It's not chemestry until you use the white powder. (Almost all solid reagents are white powder.) But my favorite compound is ammonium borohydride.
Mine is ammonium acetate since its easiest to test.