Do you listen to some musics while writing?

BlackKnightX

If so then what did you listen to? Did you find it distracting?

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Uh... writing without music is not possible with me. I listen to anything that fits the scene. Too many songs in my mp3 player to count. But uh songs are a must. :blob_happy: I don't find it distracting at all.

BlackKnightX

Uh... writing without music is not possible with me. I listen to anything that fits the scene. Too many songs in my mp3 player to count. But uh songs are a must. :blob_happy: I don't find it distracting at all.
Do you listen to song with lyrics? Or just music?

EternalSunset0

Weeb music, but the occasional video game BGM works.

If I am in the mood for English songs, I open up my rock/grunge playlist filled with stuff from Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, and the like.

DubstheDuke

I just listen to whatever, but honestly I find it best to listen to the type of music that puts you in the right mood. If you're trying to write a sad scene while cheerful music is playing it just seems off. But if you're trying to write an epic scene and some orchestral music comes on, that's when were talking.

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
When i wrote slice of life its often J-pop, when i wrote an action packed scene then its metal

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
I get distracted whenever i listen to music with lyrics, so when I want to write I usually listen to some jazz, bosa nova or 18th century music.

MaiStarberries

I've been very much into Starset as of late so they're a pretty good go to for me, especially since they've got two full albums up on YouTube. Lo-fi music is a favorite of mine as well. Sometimes I for something that fits the atmosphere I'm looking for but usually I just need some background sound to keep my brain focused.

D

Deleted member 45782

When i listen to OSTs or other songs, they create perfect mood for an idea or story. Ideas sure.

I don't think ill do that that much in the writing process. Maybe lil fir some sprinkling continuing the thought, but too much can distract again.

Kuropon

I need to have music, I can't focus otherwise lol

InfantryTerminator

Any background noise does it for me like ASMR rain or Stalker Anomaly running in the background, and only when trying to focus at first. Normal songs distract me too much

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
It depends on the music and my mood. If I really need to focus I'll put on some classical, hurdy-gurdy, cello, or shamisen. If I can focus on what I'm writing easily then I'll play some alternative music, classic rock, Irish rock, or 90s-00s rock. Either way, I need some background noise to allow my thoughts to stay in one spot.

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
I do, and sometimes I combine the music with some background noises. My favorite being post-rock + gentle rain.

Yati

I listen to classical music. I love the music from 19th century composers, like Tchaikovsky, Cesar Franck, Claude Debussy etc

But as long as there is nobody singing I do not find it distracting. But I do think the song in question can influences subconciously what is happening in my story.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Just wrote my recent chapter listening to mirage coordinator on a loop, the contents are as you imagine~