Do you only post your stories on scribblehub?

morhamza

So I was thinking of ways to get more people to read my story and so I asked around, it turns out I'm allowed to post my story on other sites. However I was wondering if people actually did that, that's why I'm making this thread.

Do you only post your stories on SH? If yes, why? If no, why and where else do you post your stories?

D

Deleted member 45782

So I was thinking of ways to get more people to read my story and so I asked around, it turns out I'm allowed to post my story on other sites. However I was wondering if people actually did that, that's why I'm making this thread.

Do you only post your stories on SH? If yes, why? If no, why and where else do you post your stories?
I post poems and short stories.

Napelynn

A bunch of people post on royal road as well, I think.

Sylvie

Those days are gone, now the memory's on the wall

Most people post on multiple sites. Writers who do it for a living/to earn post it in many places to get multiple sources of patreon subscribers and even if you do not write for it, you get a much larger reader base on a whole because while most people read on multiple sites, everyone does prefer different ones. Like since I've started using ScribbleHub, I'd rather read something here than in another site but of course if there are amazing stories elsewhere I do go and read them but the number of less famous works I've read on ScribbleHub are a lot more than what I've read elsewhere. It might work the same for someone else with another site.

Webnovel and Royalroad seem to be the more popular sites where people post apart from ScribbleHub.

D

Deleted member 45782

A bunch of people post on royal road as well, I think.
And some still post on Wattpad yep.

The advice you heard from others is not to just post your story on ScribbleHub but to post on other writing platforms too, so your stories can get more publicity notice. Spread it around instead of putting all eggs in just one basket.

As for stories, well poems can be done.

I haven't gone back to Wattpad to post stories since ast year security issues; only go back on there to take stories out and save it, or read someone's request for review; thats about it. Signed up for RoyalRoad but haven't yet really done much on it cause they have validate that is your story or something first. Inkitt I'm not gonna bother bc they have horrible to almost no markdown.

Cossimeri

Purveyor of Yuri Adventures
I only post on ScribbleHub atm. I want to post elsewhere as well but I’m kind of hesitating to take that leap XD if I spread out over the web it’ll be harder to keep track of comments and stuff and I’ll become impersonal with my readers I fear.

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
I used to post my story on Royal Road, but not anymore as that place is quite toxic. There was literally a reader who wrote on the review telling potential readers to dm him so that he could recommened them better story than mine

I do post on two Sites, different story types on each.

My first fanfic is on Wattpad. That is my first ever story and I'm very happy where it is now.

After that, I've tried my hands on an Original Story, on Webnovel. The biggest mistake I could've made. They have horrible filters and even worse genres, your Story gets drowned in the sea of System Stories that are just copy-pasted from someone else.

For now, I'll stick to Wattpad and ScribbleHub.
Wattpad because I plan to continue writing fan-fics.
ScribbleHub because it feels like home :D
I used to post my story on Royal Road, but not anymore as that place is quite toxic. There was literally a reader who wrote on the review telling potential readers to dm him so that he could recommened them better story than mine
That's incredibly Toxic...
Here I was thinking that place has some "form" of politeness. Thus I was wrong.

Ruyi

༺ aureate sect ༻
i am one of those who post on wattpad still. haha, there's enough of an audience there to read my stuff, so why not.

i used to post on RR but my stories didn't fit the readerbase there so i stopped. i will say tho that they have great feedback with genuine critique on mechanics and whatnot when they review your stuff.

there's also ao3, but that's only for posting my fanfics \o/

Sylvie

Ooh that's going too far. I slowly reduced my usage of RoyalRoad because members don't seem as active as they are on ScribbleHub and I usually love reading a lot of comments on stories that I like.

D

Deleted member 45782

i am one of those who post on wattpad still. haha, there's enough of an audience there to read my stuff, so why not.

i used to post on RR but my stories didn't fit the readerbase there so i stopped. i will say tho that they have great feedback with genuine critique on mechanics and whatnot when they review your stuff.

there's also ao3, but that's only for posting my fanfics \o/
True. Wattpad still has the biggest potential for original stories. Can find a ton of them on there with just a slightly more deeper search.

Theres also Fictionpress if anyone wants, to help post original stories too. They're sister site i heard of FanFiction.net which is, as its name, for Fanfics.

Ruyi

༺ aureate sect ༻
True. Wattpad still has the biggest potential for original stories. Can find a ton of them on there with just a slightly more deeper search.

Theres also Fictionpress if anyone wants, to help post original stories too. They're sister site i heard of FanFiction.net which is, as its name, for Fanfics.
oh my god fictionpress...

i have an account there from 2002, back in my ff.net days. i don't really go there anymore tho, you can't have shiny fancy covers or a built-in-glossary XD

D

Deleted member 45782

oh my god fictionpress...

i have an account there from 2002, back in my ff.net days. i don't really go there anymore tho, you can't have shiny fancy covers or a built-in-glossary XD
Ah i see. I like ScrubbleHub nice and sleek layout.

Have not tried Fictionpress.

Sylvie

The biggest issue for me with both Wattpad and Fictionpress is the bad search mechanism. You have to filter through a LOT of books to find something that you want. fanfiction.net has this problem too but it's pretty much the best site in terms of quantity of fanfics so there;s not a lot of other options. The ScribbleHub and NovelUpdates search options just work so well especially for people like me that spend just as much time looking for what to read as they spend reading.

D

Deleted member 45782

The biggest issue for me with both Wattpad and Fictionpress is the bad search mechanism. You have to filter through a LOT of books to find something that you want. fanfiction.net has this problem too but it's pretty much the best site in terms of quantity of fanfics so there;s not a lot of other options. The ScribbleHub and NovelUpdates search options just work so well especially for people like me that spend just as much time looking for what to read as they spend reading.
True. I feel like I detest Inkitt more than Wattpad thu. Maybe bc I can find more fantasy/action/horror stories and the time tried Inkitt its mostly romance.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Kinda used wattpad mainly because it has a mobile function and thats basically it. Unless I find a better author hub which has easier mechanics, I would easily transfer there. Plus, its also that I'm avoiding places(webnovel since it would make me stop procrastinating) i prefer to write with a piece of mind and procrastinate until I just randomly upload a new chapter out of nowhere.

Crazibrains

This is the first site i ever posted anything on, so I dont post anywhere else. Just posting for fun so no need all that trouble really

D

Deleted member 53101

Did somebody say whattpad?

I'm planning on moving to Qidian. Hope to become a slave contracted writer of Chinese publisher. Though, I don't know if my story will sell or not. I hope it will, but I think I need to have more chapters.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Scribble Hub is my main site, but I've started posting on Tapas and Royal Road too - Tapas because someone recommended it, and Royal Road just to see how bad it is from an author's perspective.

So far, Scribble Hub is still the best. It's the most user-friendly in every sense of the term.