Do you prefer instrumental or sung music? What type, i.e. rock, chorus, jazz, etc. and why?

Which?

• Sung

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Instrumental

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

ElijahRyne

Not that Lazy…
I prefer instrumental, the type changes from time to time, but currently I like baroque and jazz.

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
don't really have a prefrence towards lyrics or instumental but most songs i listen too are with lyrics

The_3rd_Book

Pedagogical Cannibalism?
I prefer sung music by a small margin. I also enjoy instrumental music enough to listen to music in languages I don't understand.(at that point they are just another instrument.) I enjoy electro swing if done right. My top 3 favorite instruments are the violin, trumpet, and saxophone. I like the violin because if it is played well you can feel it pulling at your soul. The trumpet has tons of diversity. It can be a regal or a hardworking everybody type. The saxophone is just so alluring. So I've always liked jazz and swing, and the creative music you can achieve with electronic sound effects.

SailusGebel

50-50. If it's an instrumental song, I like the sound of the flute the most. I also like different electronic music that has no lyrics in it. As for my favorite type, there is none. I listen to anything and everything as long as I like it. If I really had to choose, I would probably say that I like all kinds of electronic music the most. However, not so long ago, I was listening to rock'n'roll, rockabilly, and psychobilly. A bit more time ago was black metal, folk metal, progressive metal. For a brief moment, I listened to the soundtrack of HOMM4 somewhere in between. There was also a slight intervention of PSYQUI, a few mashups, and so on. It depends on my mood.

dvelasquez

Never thought about it, but I quite like both of them, if anything, I find myself listening more to sung songs, but just by a small margin. I would say that my favorite types would be rock, metal, alternative, folk, epic music, and a lot more.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
I like instrumental, but when I do listen to ones with lyrics, the lyrics are mostly in Japanese. I listen to a lot of genres with the exception of rock, metal. The various kinds of -steps and -cores don't really strike my fancy either with just a few exceptions.

Daitengu

I'm about 75/25 instrumental to vocal. I grew up as a gamer, so I have a vast catalog of bgms I love. I also find vocal music distracting. Which is fine some times, but not when I'm busy.

Redemit

Depends on my mood just like whether I'd prefer to listen to country or metal or classic rock or anything else

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Sung. I don't really listen to instrumental much, just don't like it for whatever reason. Genres I listen to are metal, rock, alternative, and things close to those.

BlackKnightX

I really love Japanese song that sings in English. Like, “Remembering” from Tokyo Ghoul :re. The sad tone mixed with a little bit of accent is so perfect. It gives off the strange charm.