Writing Prompt Do you remember? The 21st night of September?

Tempokai

Overworked One
"Do you remember? The 21st night of September?"

She posed that question to me. I looked at the stars, trying to remember, and replied casually, "Ask about what didn't happen that night. We were surrounded and running low on supplies. When we were on the close to death, we began—"

A severe headache struck my head, causing me to collapse onto the forest floor. My body couldn't respond properly, but I could see her eyes darkening in anticipation of my response. Damn it. My memory seal appears to have begun to dissolve.

Images of the atrocities we committed to save humanity began to fill my mind. I tried to push them back, but they just kept going. In the end, came to an end at that memory.

Our comrades' blood and meat, mixed with those "beings," covered the ground. Only two of us were still alive, not including the hundreds of those "beings." We accepted our fate and began...

"Dancing."

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.

She posed that question to me. I looked at the stars, trying to remember, and replied casually, "Ask about what didn't happen that night. We were surrounded and running low on supplies. When we were on the close to death, we began—"

A severe headache struck my head, causing me to collapse onto the forest floor. My body couldn't respond properly, but I could see her eyes darkening in anticipation of my response. Damn it. My memory seal appears to have begun to dissolve.

Images of the atrocities we committed to save humanity began to fill my mind. I tried to push them back, but they just kept going. In the end, came to an end at that memory.

Our comrades' blood and meat, mixed with those "beings," covered the ground. Only two of us were still alive, not including the hundreds of those "beings." We accepted our fate and began...

"Dancing."
Reject humanity, return to f̵̹̖̞͔̣̹̖͚͝t̴̡̢̨̧̛̳̻̮̳̻̬͈̗̲̭̘̬͔͔̺̪̩̖̭̤̟̖̲͓̼̩̂̍̋̑̆̋̾̔̀̀̽̎̈́͛͑̈́̈̌̿̾̾͘͝a̵̛̛̗̩͍͕̥͚̥̺̤̲͔͙͔̩̐̇͐̃̎͂͌͐̋̓͆͛́̇̂͐̈́͂͌̊̀̈̕͜͝͝͠ͅĝ̶̼̍̏̉͆͂͗̀̏̋͑͑̈́͆̀̊̉̐̆̀͘͜͝ṉ̷̨̧̩̩̙̻͕̬̜̞̗͚̫̞̤͉̰̪͙̼̮̉̑̒̈́̏̀̆͑͂̀̿̍̚

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
No
Reject humanity, return to f̵̹̖̞͔̣̹̖͚͝t̴̡̢̨̧̛̳̻̮̳̻̬͈̗̲̭̘̬͔͔̺̪̩̖̭̤̟̖̲͓̼̩̂̍̋̑̆̋̾̔̀̀̽̎̈́͛͑̈́̈̌̿̾̾͘͝a̵̛̛̗̩͍͕̥͚̥̺̤̲͔͙͔̩̐̇͐̃̎͂͌͐̋̓͆͛́̇̂͐̈́͂͌̊̀̈̕͜͝͝͠ͅĝ̶̼̍̏̉͆͂͗̀̏̋͑͑̈́͆̀̊̉̐̆̀͘͜͝ṉ̷̨̧̩̩̙̻͕̬̜̞̗͚̫̞̤͉̰̪͙̼̮̉̑̒̈́̏̀̆͑͂̀̿̍̚
Good answer

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

"Dancing."
no, but do you remember the 5th of November?

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

"Dancing."
What is the writing prompt?

Read this pinned thread if you don't know what a writing prompt is.

Zenkarn

"I'd hope so, it was when we met."

She laughed at that, cuddling closer on the worn out couch of our tiny studio apartment. We didn't have much, anything at all really, but somehow it didn't seem to matter.

"It was a dark night," She remarked.

"Most nights are," I replied, which got a chuckle.

"You know what I mean. There was no moon, no stars, nothing. Pitch black." Her hand traced lightly over my arm, and I reflexively smiled at her. "Then I found you."

I nodded, and let the conversation drift into silence. It was a sweet idea. Pity that wasn't what happened. Oh, the night was dark. There were no stars. But she didn't find me. I found her. The issue was she was dead. Deader than dead, really. Then she followed me home. Now she sat cuddled against me, our tiny studio apartment the only thing left in the void.

So yes, I remembered the 21st night of September.

Now I just wished it would end.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I met you after the 21st night of September. I didn't know it was your birthday until I got to know you better. By the time it rolled around again, your emails had slowed to a trickle. The last precious drop came in October. Now, I still cling to the magical moments we shared while listening for your voice in the wind.

Frank-9976

surrealist shortform writer

"Of course I remember it. It was right before the 22nd morning." She laughed, thinking this was a joke by her goofy husband.

"Do you remember anything about it?" He paused, but she was silent. "In particular?"

"Well, sweetie... It was months ago. I honestly don't know what you're talking about."

"It was the day that I died inside. I made a deal with the devil. In exchange for my soul, he granted me the power to manipulate people's memories. You are not my wife. You are simply a random woman I am toying with for fun."

After enjoying her shocked expression, using his powers to keep her mute, he erased her memory of him and carried on.