Do you remember your dreams?

Do you remember your dreams?

• No

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • I remember dreams, but not the senses like taste and smell

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • I remember dreams, including senses like taste and smell.

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Just curious. I’ve asked people I know, but nobody else I know is able to remember the taste of something they ate in a dream.

HellerFeed

The thing is you only remember nightmares.

You might remember the dream if you wake up in the middle of it, then chant out the whole summary out loud, loud enough that the roommate beside you should hear it. Then that roommate will retell you exactly what you said once you sober up.

This is the only way to remember dreams.

OR you could hang a dreamcatcher.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
The thing is you only remember nightmares.

You might remember the dream if you wake up in the middle of it, then chant out the whole summary out loud, loud enough that the roommate beside you should hear it. Then that roommate will retell you exactly what you said once you sober up.

This is the only way to remember dreams.

OR you could hang a dreamcatcher.
No, I just have a dream journal google doc on my phone I write in when I wake up. Plenty of people remember their dreams.

Edit: by wake up I mean in the morning not the middle of the night. Rarely have nightmares.

HellerFeed

No, I just have a dream journal google doc on my phone I write in when I wake up. Plenty of people remember their dreams.
I remember in bits.

This week, I remember dreaming about living in a wooden hut.
Then there was a loud siren going.

Then I and my family woke up, and for some reason, we moved all the beds and barred the door. 4 beds combined.
And then left the hut from the back door. Don't know why we barred the door.

Suddenly the scene changed, I was suddenly a fireball in a giant trebuchet attacking the very village I was living in.
I also remember as I was launched from the trebuchet and fly through the sky, I could see the view and felt the breeze as if I was flying for real. I was launched in the city somewhere.

There was more but then I woke up, and that's the only thing I remember because I recited it out loud.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I remember in bits.

This week, I remember dreaming about living in a wooden hut.
Then there was a loud siren going.

Then I and my family woke up, and for some reason, we moved all the beds and barred the door. 4 beds combined.
And then left the hut from the back door. Don't know why we barred the door.

Suddenly the scene changed, I was suddenly a fireball in a giant trebuchet attacking the very village I was living in.
I also remember as I was launched from the trebuchet and fly through the sky, I could see the view and felt the breeze as if I was flying for real. I was launched in the city somewhere.

There was more but then I woke up, and that's the only thing I remember because I recited it out loud.
That’s usually how it works. You may forget stuff, but often times there isn’t clear scene transitions. That’s just how your subconscious works. You aren’t forgetting as much as you think.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Even if I do remember some parts of my dreams, I have never tried to actively retain that knowledge, so it goes some other place.

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
The most recent and tear wrenching dream of mine is fading away, so I'll say no. Had to be fast enough to write it down

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
I usually don't.
One time i started a dream journal to keep track of what i remembered from my dreams. And i started remembering more than i used to.
But i haven't done that in years and now i rarely recall my dreams.

Gibbs505

i remember a lot of dreams with crystal clarity. I would talk about them, but they are fucking twisted and strange.

Although i will admit to a really funny one.

One time i dreamt that i was taking a piss at a urinal, and woke up with a shock to realize i had pissed myself just a little.
I gave a haha because that was a problem for me when I was young!
I have been so deep in a dream lately that I actually fell out of bed and got four stiches from hitting the night table!

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
I kinda do. Bits and pieces. Last night I dreamt my brother lifted up a center block to reveal a stairway that led to a stupidly small door that led to a bookstore. There was also a mention about a waive fee and me having to write a book. But I don't remember anything like smells or what people said.

AryaX

Rarely... Very rarely... Like maybe 3 dreams during one year at best...

Latest dream I still recall somewhat was something like... Me and my dad drove a car to the bottom of a hill, near a place where I used to live at, then we got out of the car and walked up the hill, and immediately back down again, and ended up somewhere near to where the car was... exept not quite the same... and then me and my dad drove the car to the bottom of the hill, and walked up and down... almost the same way... and then me and my dad drove a car to the bottom of the hill, and walked up and down... almost the same way... again... and again and again and again...

I can't recall if we actually did anything else, or if there was any point to it... and I don't recall if there was any smell, taste or even sound.. just the sights as far as I can recall... it was just the "same" thing over and over, in a loop... just a slightly different route down the hill each time...

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
Depends really. Certain dreams I remember I usually make stories out of. Others are just weird fever dreams, like that one time I dreamt that my dogs turned into a mech. Then there's just the lax dreams where I just dream that I'm sitting in one place for eternity. I remember like 80% of my dreams, with the other 20% leaving behind vague memories or I just don't remember them at all.