Do you RP?

What RP premise would you be interested in?

• Total voters

Lukha

mother of all ships
Hey guys!

So I used to be really into roleplaying back in my deviantart days :blob_melt: (dang those were so long ago...) and I've recently gotten the urge to get into RPing again. I know this is a site that encourages original stories and writing, and so I thought it'd be cool to suggest the possibility of starting a RP thread/group? I don't know if that's really a thing here, but if it's allowed, I think that'd be cool to do!

I know a lot of my writing ability has come from my previous roleplaying days, and I thought that a cute casual RP would give the ability for new and veteran authors to participate in something fun for the whole community and to also be able to interact with one another! :blob_okay:

I was thinking maybe setting up a thread in the future (if RPing is allowed) where there'd be the premise for the RP as well as character info stuff!

Let me know if you'd be interested in this or not, and also, comment what kind of RPs you'd be interested in! I've made a poll with a few suggestions, but feel free to give your own suggestions!

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
You know what would be cool? Setting up a group where you RP based on your character and post your moments as a chapter in SH. That would take a lot of planning on how it's done though.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Hey guys!

So I used to be really into roleplaying back in my deviantart days :blob_melt: (dang those were so long ago...) and I've recently gotten the urge to get into RPing again. I know this is a site that encourages original stories and writing, and so I thought it'd be cool to suggest the possibility of starting a RP thread/group? I don't know if that's really a thing here, but if it's allowed, I think that'd be cool to do!

I know a lot of my writing ability has come from my previous roleplaying days, and I thought that a cute casual RP would give the ability for new and veteran authors to participate in something fun for the whole community and to also be able to interact with one another! :blob_okay:

I was thinking maybe setting up a thread in the future (if RPing is allowed) where there'd be the premise for the RP as well as character info stuff!

Let me know if you'd be interested in this or not, and also, comment what kind of RPs you'd be interested in! I've made a poll with a few suggestions, but feel free to give your own suggestions!
Also, you might want to check in Novelupdates forum. There are RP stuff in that place.

Lukha

mother of all ships
Also, you might want to check in Novelupdates forum. There are RP stuff in that place.
Yeah, I figured. But I thought, why not do it on ScribbleHub just in case there's people who are only on here and not on NUF :blob_melt: I'll probably end up going to NUF to find a good RP anyway, fufu.

TwilightForest

Being myself
Yeah, I figured. But I thought, why not do it on ScribbleHub just in case there's people who are only on here and not on NUF :blob_melt: I'll probably end up going to NUF to find a good RP anyway, fufu.
Most of the regular people here are on Nu, too. But there's some real good RP stuff on NU. If you do not find enough people on SH just come to Nu:)

Lukha

mother of all ships
Most of the regular people here are on Nu, too. But there's some real good RP stuff on NU. If you do not find enough people on SH just come to Nu:)

Yeah, I'll check it out! Thanks!

Used to do it years ago. Alas don't have the time for it now

I feel you :sweating_profusely: I've just been itchin' to do it but could probably only commit casually.

Lukha

mother of all ships
What's RPing? How does it work?? :blob_frown::blob_drool:
Hi bb, so RPing is Roleplaying which is basically where you create a character and enter a world and act as that character. It could be simple or it could be detailed. I'll give ya an example below.

Simple RP style:
OddJamm: *looks up inquisitively* What's RPing? How does it work??
Lukha: *smiles, chuckling a little* Let me show you.

Detailed RP style:
OddJamm: She looks up inquisitively, feeling a little confused but also curious at the sound of 'RP.' She'd heard those words before, but they were an unfamiliar concept to her. "What's RPing?" She asked. "How does it work?"
Lukha: Lukha laughs, chuckling a little at the sight of such inquisitive curiosity mixed with confusion. "It's a little bit difficult to explain," She began, tapping her fingers against her chin as she contemplated the best way to explain it. However, she settled on the thought that actions spoke louder than words. "Here, let me show you instead."

Like that I guess. :blob_sweat:

OddJamm

~Sweet Preservatives~
Hi bb, so RPing is Roleplaying which is basically where you create a character and enter a world and act as that character. It could be simple or it could be detailed. I'll give ya an example below.

Simple RP style:
OddJamm: *looks up inquisitively* What's RPing? How does it work??
Lukha: *smiles, chuckling a little* Let me show you.

Detailed RP style:
OddJamm: She looks up inquisitively, feeling a little confused but also curious at the sound of 'RP.' She'd heard those words before, but they were an unfamiliar concept to her. "What's RPing?" She asked. "How does it work?"
Lukha: Lukha laughs, chuckling a little at the sight of such inquisitive curiosity mixed with confusion. "It's a little bit difficult to explain," She began, tapping her fingers against her chin as she contemplated the best way to explain it. However, she settled on the thought that actions spoke louder than words. "Here, let me show you instead."

Like that I guess. :blob_sweat:
Ohhhh okay, thank you! That sounds fun! :blob_hide:

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Hey guys!

I'd be down for RPing here too, especially if it's a different style from over on NUF. You'd have to get permission from the mods most likely and will probably require some work as "game staff".

Hmm, maybe you could get a channel for it on the SH Discord if SHF isn't as active as you want it to be? (Or combine both platforms some how~).

:blob_hmm:

ButteredRiceball

Hey guys!

I used to do RP quite a lot back in 2014. This takes me back lol.

If you guys don't mind it, I would love to join.

Lukha

mother of all ships
I haven't really started on anything yet, but we'd definitely need to get in touch with the mods and flesh out stuff. I think I'm probably looking for something a little different than on NUF, so we'll have to take some time to flesh that out. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions!

D

Deleted member 5560

I used to do forum roleplays years ago, but stopped for various reasons. Some of it was that the community I played in moved on to a different style of roleplaying I wasn't interested in, some of it was that I didn't have the time, some of it was because I found that trying to maintain momentum for a story with a large group of people who only interact online and in different timezones, as opposed to something like tabletop games (DnD, CoC, etc.) where everyone is physically gathered together at the same time, was near impossible. Someone would end up getting left behind because they couldn't make it online at the same time, or two people would be the only ones online and would end up diverging off into their own private roleplay, or whatever.

Only recently I sort of started RPing again. A friend of mine was running a suuuuper simplified game of DnD over discord, it's basically just forum RP with dice rolls, and invited me to join. Everyone in the game lives in the same country as me (though they're like... 2/3 hours behind me), so it's much easier to organise. It's been a blast, and I've found that the merging of that kind of loose style of forum RP combined with a simplified version of the structure of dice systems actually makes for a great game. I've started planning my own game of Call of Cthulhu to play over discord with a very much slimmed down version of the tabletop game's systems (there is... SO MUCH under the hood maths in that game y'all).

One of the biggest benefits has been using the turn+dice roll system in fights. It helps shut out god-moding but also maintains the momentum of the fight and has caused some fucking tragic but also hilarious scenarios (who has two thumbs and rolled a nat 20 to helicopter spin a goblin and then YEET them over a hedge, which later caused the goblin to come flying back down and hit another character deadass when they rolled a crit 1 on a DEX check? THIS GUY).

D

Deleted member 3803

I used to to do a LOT of Superhero RPing on ComicVine ( Usually as a chaotic evil char)

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
From about 2014 to last year, i took part (off and on) in a few RP worlds over skype and later discord that were constantly operating so people could jump in and out as they had time and were online. I quite enjoyed them a lot as they were fun and ever-evolving due to actions taken by different characters. A player faction of an multiplayer RP space game was actually partially run by one of the worlds i was a part of and we even did leadership changes and other important events that then affected that player faction.

I've tried forum-based RP (as part of the aforementioned MP RP space game) but it's too slow and a bit tedious for my taste. I favor constantly running and evolving RP (with just a minimum of ground rules and understandings) done over something like discord because it feels more organic and definitely less restricted in what can be done.

Llamadragon

I’ve RP:ed on and off since the MSN forums were the hippest thing around :D
I’m not super interested in forum rp:s anymore because it tends to be kind of slow and OOC is tricky. But I might check out a discord server.

Nyan_sempai

,✨ ILLUSTRATOR ✨
Hey guys!

Well yeah. I learnt from @rilakkuma chan that a good author is good at role-playing too. And maybe vice versa as well. A good role player might also be a good author. *Poke @Tony*
Yup yup! >w<)/ you may just log in to https://forum.novelupdates.com/ there users are into a lot of casual rp, also there are proper, adventurous role playing thread like Adventurer's Guild too. Games like Kingdom Royale and Mafia also assign you with roles and even though acting them out is inviting failure for yourself, you get into the flavour of it. They're fun.

Actually it will be nice if we could start that kinda stuff in here too. But the question is activity rate. It may either go up because of them or the games will downgrade because of low activity.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Well yeah. I learnt from @rilakkuma chan that a good author is good at role-playing too. And maybe vice versa as well. A good role player might also be a good author. *Poke @Tony*

Yup yup! >w<)/ you may just log in to https://forum.novelupdates.com/ there users are into a lot of casual rp, also there are proper, adventurous role playing thread like Adventurer's Guild too. Games like Kingdom Royale and Mafia also assign you with roles and even though acting them out is inviting failure for yourself, you get into the flavour of it. They're fun.

Actually it will be nice if we could start that kinda stuff in here too. But the question is activity rate. It may either go up because of them or the games will downgrade because of low activity.
Might not work out yet since the forum isn't that active right now. But it would be great considering this is the forum for a writing site.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
Hey guys!

I used to be so interested in rping in forums but that kind of died out once I started writing full length stories. Eventually, I grew a vast interest in DnD (Dungeons and Dragons) which is a tabletop role play game. But it would be nice to join in a casual rp on the forums here.