Do you smoke? If so, what gives? What made you do it?

You smoke?

• No

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • A stick every once in a while

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Daily occurrence

• A literal locomotive steam engine

• I've quit

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

SternenklarenRitter

I'm actually somehow allergic or something to tobacco. If I am next to someone smoking or who has recently smoked for more than a minute or two I get nauseous and start vomiting. Same effect with unlit cigars or leaf tobacco; I'll get sick and barf without it even being on fire.

Spica66

It was Winter in Thailand. I started smoking hookah(shisha) first.

It was sweet and addictive. I enjoy chilly breeze and warm smoke. I would say I like the vibe at first. Suddenly, thanks to government, it became illegal, so switched to regular cigarettes.

Later, vape was gaining popularity. I was one of the vape pioneer in my country. Vape is sweet and less stink, similar to hookah. But it's portable, so I became a heavy smoker.

Currently I'm smoking pod with high nicotine. The amount of daily nicotine I would be satisfied is around 10-20 regular cigarettes depending on the mood.

I like smoking at night and rainy day. Basically, I enjoy the atmosphere and nicotine.

Right now I don't want to quit yet.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Extremely confused on everyone saying it stinks. Even the worse cigs and cheapest cigars don't smell bad to me. The only kind of smoke I hate is Skunk-weed. That shit is awful, hence the name. Strong ass buzz though.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Just a question for those who whips out those Lucky Strikes. What made you start smoking?

Is it the cool factor?

Does it remind you of someone?

Is it an obligation to do it?

Caught up in the whiplash that is Life™ and the habit simply came along?

It's simply something to keep you busy?

And how about that health risk? You ever think about it? Or is it a "let live" type shit; enjoy-life-and-shut-up-about-it-kind of deal?

Personally, I'm not touching that shit. I'm a paranoid guy, with a few zeroes short in my bank account keeping me from building a fallout shelter and buying a shotgun. I'd do better with one less risk to my longevity in my mind. And yes, that accounts to vaping as well. Just the pure association of "alternative to smoking" turns me away from it.
Never smoked in my life. I don't really find the need to. My life is going pretty well without anything that is dangerous to my lungs... XD. Don't wanna die without having a child.... hehe.

But, I can still find many reasons for why people do smoke by looking at how they explained. It seems to be really common that they get influenced by others.

To fit in with others is really common. One of my best friends started when he was 22, and hasn't ever stopped. The reason he did was because he really wanted to be fitting in with our friend group, which consisted of over 50 people. Out of those 50, only eight, me included, did not smoke. The others all had smoked at least once in their lives and were continuing every few months, or ones that were really into it.

The eight of us non-smokers really helped them out, by trying to have them stop. It worked a little, and about 15 of the people who smoked regularly started to rarely smoke. The others went on as usual.

Eventually, I had to move away, for a job, and never went back to the state again. I live in the US...

I have contact with 23 of the friend group's members, and the others all moved away, or just became recluses to me.... am I that scary?