Do you think a choose your own adventure thing work here? Would you read and or write one here?

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
If you read those old choose your own adventure books, you know what I am talking about. Simply put you have a chapter, or small series of pages, where you are presented with a choice do a or b if you do a you go to this chapter or these pages, and if you do b you go to these chapters or those pages. A way to do it here would to use hyperlinks at the end for the choices, but that would mean you need to post all, or the majority, of the chapters at once. That might kill the viewership of the project since the algorithm i suited for consistent updates rather than a massive one time burst of chapters. Even still I might try making a small one if I feel like it, and would probably read one assuming the writing is better than that of a MTLed novel.

MajorKerina

I’ll actually brought over a story that was originally composed on a CYOA place in that shape with multiple storylines and polls for new plotlines included. It’s difficult to actively plan ahead and post several different pathways for the story though.

Agentt

Thighs
I have written one, and though it was very badly planned, the reception was good

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Go for it! There are sites where that sort of thing is supported, but I'm sure you can still work it out here.

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
most cyoa I've seen here use polls to vote, and some were fairly popular it seems.
The kind you want... Well, if you are going to write it might as well post it here as well as wherever you are going to post.
If you aren't, well, then don't. If it catches on trending it might get some attention but it will quickly get buried.