Do you use the Glossary feature?

Have you added a glossary to any of your stories?

• Yes

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

pynkbites

My story's chapter titles have letter prefixes indicating who the point-of-view character for the chapter is. I list all those prefixes in the glossary.

AkalE

well to be fare, even great epics have a list of characters in their books. For instance Game of Thrones does it.
But on the other hand, worldbuilding shouldn't be relegated to the glossary either.

Trust me, no reader goes through the glossary unless they want ideas how to arrange their own.

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
I've used the glossary once as an extended tags/CW list, to explain the presence of certain tags. I don't think every story warrants a glossary, but some do more than others, so it's good to have it around when needed.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
I've used the glossary twice already, first to list the descriptions of individual stories within a long anthology, and the second time to create a bonus list of lore as an extra for the author's edition with "Muirgen & Other Tales".

And I know I'll need it in the future to list terms for a figure skating themed story.

It's actually a very handy feature when you need it.

Last edited:

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
I like the glossary, and personally, all my series in the future will utilize it. My BIAW already has it. It's kinda a double-edged sword though, because it can contain spoilers, thus I added a spoiler warning as a first entry. But well, I think summing up how the character looks, behaves or other details is pretty handy when further into the story you don't want to browse through the chappies to find the description.