Writing Do you write out sheets of your characters and general story line?

Do you write out story sheets?

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Well, I should. But my genre doesn’t require that much commitment yet.

Though I do that for characters in a fantasy/action setting. I think every writer does that in some way.

Ninetailed_Furball

They're amazing for reminders. I also have a "remember to do this" list as well.

That said, they're also a trap. Don't spend a ton of time on them, as no matter how much you plan out, things change as you go on.

Mine only lists stats (because it's that sort of story), names, key information and chapters they refer to. Oh, and a few lists of things I intend on for the future. But that's litterally just some lists, and the entries are all only a few words each.

Like "Future friends: tomboy, foreigner, amputee?, government official" (this is not one of the actual lists BTW)

Secondary characters are even more sparce, as they're just names and occupation, as well as where they are. I rely heavily on memory, but since I name all my chapters, it's easy to go back and reread the spots they appear in to refresh myself if I'm not sure about something.

JustHANO

I was, for a bunch of stories I ended up not writing. They became daunting and wasteful, not being able to move on until I figured out this one small detail that probably won't be necessary. I've done it for my big story, but now I kinda keep characters in my head and write out some scenes beforehand to remember to do them.

Rinne

Professional Headpatter
I have a few google spreadsheets mostly with character sheets.

I make one for pretty much every character I have, even the more minor ones. Not doing those always immediately, which I probably should do...
But I also write out most worldbuilding related things. It helps with keeping things consistent. It's also something I very much enjoy doing.
Additionally, at some point memory just can't keep up with every detail and it's certainly faster than having to look for the related chapters, which I still have to do sometimes, but then mostly about events that happened already.
Oh, and I have a spreadsheet about how each character addresses the others. Without a doubt, one of my best decisions so far.

Regarding a story outline, though... I don't really write those. At most I make notes about various ideas if I make notes at all. I'm not a big fan of story outlines that are too detailed anyway. A rough outline with a few notes and that's it. Everything else is the characters' job.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
I try to make myself because otherwise I'll forget important stuff about the characters as the story goes along. I also bullet point for longer stories and make small lists of what I'm writing next, just in case I end up not writing it for a while and draw a blank when I come back to it.
I definitely use them for writing out the world, since there can be quite a lot of that...

I have to be careful, though, because I get bored writing it down. Sometimes if I write down the entire plot in great detail, I get too bored of it to write it as a story at all, and it will stay forever as abandoned notes...