Does anyone else post a chapter and then keep refreshing the page every 2 minutes?

Brownie

I just gotta ask - Am I the only one that will post a chapter, and then go to the front page for my novel and hit the refresh button in a futile attempt to watch the view counter go up?

Brownie

Who doesn't lol.

But just don't get your hopes high. Unlike some people who have comments, mine is just an desolate place with few visitors.

:blob_teary:
I've only just started writing, but I feel that last part. Hopefully I don't feel it forever!
I've been meaning to take a look at your series, maybe you'll see me in those comments :D

Kotohood

Noob Author
I've only just started writing, but I feel that last part. Hopefully I don't feel it forever!
I've been meaning to take a look at your series, maybe you'll see me in those comments :D
Just keep at it, maybe one day you will be successful. An author needs to have a thick skin!

I hope you will enjoy my story if you ever get to it!

thenewscifi

I do check, at least when I post a serial to see what it gets the first day or two. Lots of visitors, even a few readers, but yeah, they are pretty quiet about what they are reading.

IvyVeritas

I check about once an hour if I happen to be sitting at my computer. Does anyone know how often the stats actually update? It seems like there's no change at all for a long time, then suddenly the numbers go up by a lot all at once.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Tsk, beginner.

You have to have to systematically have one tab open at all times and hit the F5 button all five minutes. Eventually you will know the time, when the count will refresh and will only refresh then. Then you are truly a F5-Sect member :blob_sir::blob_happy:

It used to update live, but not anymore. The stats on the public page and author exclusive also differ at times, before the refresh. :blob_hide:

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
It feels a bit weird for me. I have two novels - one of them popular, one of them not so much. When I release a chapter for the popular one, I usually don't have to wait long before I start getting comments (at least on rrl), so I usually check out a video on yt then check back so I can go through the comments. The other one? I generally don't get much more than a couple 'thanks for the chapter's, if i'm lucky.

Well, I can't really complain. My popular one is popular enough that I don't really watch the viewer count tick up, I watch the follower/reader count.

Elateam

Fish and Chips Salesperson
I check about once an hour if I happen to be sitting at my computer. Does anyone know how often the stats actually update? It seems like there's no change at all for a long time, then suddenly the numbers go up by a lot all at once.

Trending stats change at 0:00GMT so I assume that for most of the site the changes happen then as well. The problem are the tags though because they do not update at 0:00GMT but at some other time of the day from what I've seen with my novel.

I've only ever had one comment on my book. But that one comment happened to help me immensely because I kind of had doubts regarding the setting. But as some others have said already, my story isn't really that popular judging by my reader count so it'll probably take a long time before I see comments appearing... which is both pretty optimistic and a sad reality.

FableNet

Lolll all the time Lmaooo I really want this book to receive the same popularity it receive in its homeland here so I keep looking forward to people taking interest in it

FableNet

same
Who doesn't lol.

But just don't get your hopes high. Unlike some people who have comments, mine is just an desolate place with few visitors.

:blob_teary:
I know the feeling :cry: but I just got started so crossing my fingers

FableNet

but why do readers find it hard to comment on a novel chapter but easier on a manga chapter :blob_hmm:

Kotohood

Noob Author
but why do readers find it hard to comment on a novel chapter but easier on a manga chapter :blob_hmm:
Probably because manga is easier to consume and more likely to have more readers than the stories here anyways.