Writing Prompt Does anyone have a complex shared universe for their stories?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26725
  • Start date

Jemini

Yes, I do. So far, I have all 3 of my stories in the same shared multiverse sharing a common Earth everyone was Isekaied from at different points on the timeline. It is a rather complex multiverse too with the potential for world hopping, and a subtle shared greater plot that is hinted at and slowly progressed by each story. (Basically, the stuff going on in our Earth's version of heaven is the real time setter for where each story is in the timeline since the characters don't actually interact with each other. "A New Hero God" is the earliest point on the timeline, and it also gives the best view of Earth's heaven since this is the stage where everything about it is working as it's supposed to.)

I have even named it "the pear chain multiverse." (The entirety of all the stories takes place in only 1 of the "pearls" on the chain. Basically, each "pearl" contains an entire multiverse. The pearl-chain is the device by which elemental and magical energies are circulated through the worlds, but I don't actually use any of the other "pearls" as the setting for any of my stories.) The concept makes use of my layman's rough understanding of M theory (a different permutation on string theory) in terms of higher dimensional and interplanar spaces.

EDIT: BTW, in response to the above comment, my multiverse has 11 dimensions because it is based on M theory which also has 11 dimensions. No brain explosions though, I actually try to break it down and explain it in a somewhat understandable manner. (Actually, more like 8 dimensions really since 3 of M theory's dimensions are related to time and I have decided not to mess with that.)

Last edited:

Agentt

Thighs
Yes. I have a 5 volume planned, all in same universe. I want to make it so that there is no particular way to read, you can just pick any up and continue from there. The first installment, is the one in my signature.
All the volumes have atleast a 1000 year gap between them.
And, well, I don't know what else to say.
I really want to write more, but my exams....

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
There was a time when Ai-chan wanted to make a shared universe, but realized that Ai-chan was a control freak who didn't want o let go of Ai-chan's IP. So while Ai-chan has no problem with other people writing in the same universe, it will not be considered canon.

There has been many people who asked for the rules of Children of the Valkyries and The Half Lilim.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I think so? There are two yandere stories I'm working on which are in the same universe. The protags are actually related by blood as well. Currently working on the prequel.

D

Deleted member 45782

Not sure about complex..
There's an idea where some story ideas are in a shared universe...some characters at same event and then each trail their own story after or before...
And some that aren't really involved with those characters in that universe but i guess...maybe still somewhat similar universe...

Jemini

There was a time when Ai-chan wanted to make a shared universe, but realized that Ai-chan was a control freak who didn't want o let go of Ai-chan's IP. So while Ai-chan has no problem with other people writing in the same universe, it will not be considered canon.

There has been many people who asked for the rules of Children of the Valkyries and The Half Lilim.
You don't have to let go of your IP, just do what I do and write multiple stories in your own shared universe/multiverse.

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
I intend for my stories to have a somewhat connected Multiverse. Though one of them is set in the Gaia project, so that's a little unclear. I'm currently treating that as "Adjacent" to my Multiverse, but still possible to travel to and from for those with appropriate abilities.

D

Deleted member 26725

Yes, I do. So far, I have all 3 of my stories in the same shared multiverse sharing a common Earth everyone was Isekaied from at different points on the timeline. It is a rather complex multiverse too with the potential for world hopping, and a subtle shared greater plot that is hinted at and slowly progressed by each story. (Basically, the stuff going on in our Earth's version of heaven is the real time setter for where each story is in the timeline since the characters don't actually interact with each other. "A New Hero God" is the earliest point on the timeline, and it also gives the best view of Earth's heaven since this is the stage where everything about it is working as it's supposed to.)

I have even named it "the pear chain multiverse." (The entirety of all the stories takes place in only 1 of the "pearls" on the chain. Basically, each "pearl" contains an entire multiverse. The pearl-chain is the device by which elemental and magical energies are circulated through the worlds, but I don't actually use any of the other "pearls" as the setting for any of my stories.) The concept makes use of my layman's rough understanding of M theory (a different permutation on string theory) in terms of higher dimensional and interplanar spaces.

EDIT: BTW, in response to the above comment, my multiverse has 11 dimensions because it is based on M theory which also has 11 dimensions. No brain explosions though, I actually try to break it down and explain it in a somewhat understandable manner. (Actually, more like 8 dimensions really since 3 of M theory's dimensions are related to time and I have decided not to mess with that.)
Any future “Endgame” finale?

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
Maybe at some point I will. I doubt that I'd be able to attain the glory of Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere though:

large.5c925e150200b_Cosmeremap.jpg.03e7394e5dd506085ec82b34e64ef866.jpg

Jemini

Any future “Endgame” finale?

On the heavenly events on Earth? That's just background events in every story of the series. You get snippets from each that Earth is slowly progressing through the apocalypse, and you only get to see a fragment of it as the MC of each story gets isekaied. (Most of the reason "A New Hero God" basically gives a full rundown about how Heaven is supposed to work is because it is early enough on the timeline that there are zero signs of the approaching apocolypse in it's opening portion. So, that was the only way it manages to tell anything about the Earth timeline.)

Actually, my unwritten but planned series called "The Class of Outworlders" has the MC isekaied during Har-Megido. (The proper original Yittish term for what we have mistranslated as "The Battle of Armageddon," which is actually as redundant as the word "Sahara desert" because "Har-Megido" more properly translates to "the battle at Megido.") So, this actually makes it the furthest off point in the time-line.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26725

On the heavenly events on Earth? That's just background events in every story of the series. You get snippets from each that Earth is slowly progressing through the apocalypse, and you only get to see a fragment of it as the MC of each story gets isekaied. (Most of the reason "A New Hero God) basically gives a full rundown about how Heaven is supposed to work is because it is early enough on the timeline that there are zero signs of the approaching apocolypse in it's opening portion. So, that was the only way it manages to tell anything about the Earth timeline.)

Actually, my unwritten but planned series called "The Class of Outworlders" has the MC isekaied during Har-Megido. (The proper original Yittish term for what we have mistranslated as "The Battle of Armageddon," which is actually as redundant as the word "Sahara desert" because "Har-Megido" more properly translates to "the battle at Megido.") So, this actually makes it the furthest off point in the time-line.
Also, I’m kinda hoping the characters from your stories meet each other somehow! XD

i often write like it's my personal experience. whatever nonsense comes up, if i thought about it, i only cared about trying to explain it in the simplest ways.

as such, i'm not sure about the world at all. everything is probably a really fucked up dream.

D

Deleted member 26725

On the heavenly events on Earth? That's just background events in every story of the series. You get snippets from each that Earth is slowly progressing through the apocalypse, and you only get to see a fragment of it as the MC of each story gets isekaied. (Most of the reason "A New Hero God" basically gives a full rundown about how Heaven is supposed to work is because it is early enough on the timeline that there are zero signs of the approaching apocolypse in it's opening portion. So, that was the only way it manages to tell anything about the Earth timeline.)

“Endgame”, I was thinking of The Avengers Endgame-style finale! XD