Does anyone here play GACHA games?

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
I like a lot of the characters from Genshin Impact, and I'm quite attached to most of them. There's only like, 5 that I don't like. But there's this tiny little disconnect that makes me hesitate to squee over the ones I do like. I don't really know why?

Amber seems to be the most jarring example. I love her design, characterization, playstyle(could be a hell of a lot better though), everything. But she's kinda... hollow? Yeah, I still don't get it.

In terms of use and utility, my faves are Eula, Zhongli, Yan Fei, and Barbara. Yan and Eula do so much damage, and Zhonli and Barbara let me just ignore enemy attacks and stack up that damage. It's much more relaxing than just dashing around like a maniac, though there's fun in that too.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
Haaaaah... digging up fresh wounds. The only one I put in any real amount of time into shut down online play for good at the end of August. Three years gone.

darkpikacha

I played a lot of gachas. But I can quickly quit from them. Since I have zero attachment to them at all. But my personal favorite gachas are DQMSL, Yo-Kai Sangokushi , Touken Ranbu, Another EDEN:The cat beyond time and space, Re: Monster,and Final Fantasy brave Exvius.

I obviously don't play them all right now. I just have good memories with them. I usually have the name of PIKALORD or some random name related to darkness. Also I am a F2P for life. I haven't broken my promise interesting enough.

Valthan

I play a lesser known game called Sdorica. There's so many great characters in that game. Something for everyone, guaranteed.

Token anime-style catgirl? Kittyeyes (yes, that really is her name)

Like your catgirls a lot more furry? Fatima (her max rarity version runs around technically topless)

Tsundere loli? Sharice (voiced by the original tsundere voice actress Kugimiya Rie)

Foxy trap? Izumi (we're talkin Astolfo level here)

Angelically winged pretty boy? Elio (denser than lead like any harem protag should be)

Hunky no-nonsense soldier? Jerome (is he dense too or is he doing it on purpose?)

Street rat turned king of the demi-humans? Nigel (his horns make him look more like a demon king, though...)

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Used to play gachas, quit now since I started writing. I don't bother with genshin, used to play Guardian Tales and GOG.

Jemini

I've been very into Another Eden. The great thing about it is that they address the power creep issue by buffing their already existing characters on a fairly regular basis.

As it is now, they are also slowly adding 5 star forms to most of the default 4 star characters, with an in-game quest in order to unlock their 5 star form. There are also a lot of story-line recruitable characters in addition to the Gachas. Some of them can really hold their own with the more recent Gacha 5 stars.

Overall, it is a really well balanced game. The ethos of the game makers seems to be that they want to just make a really good game with the Gacha system offering a bit of a buff to your party that you can choose whether to take or leave. You also, like most Gacha games, get a lot of free game currency to spend on it.

Paying is set up to be a very optional thing. Basically, if you are paying for spins on the Gacha, then it is because you just plain like the game and want to support the creators and they are just giving you a little in-game thank-you. There's absolutely no need for it, and you can get almost everything without paying if you want.

Reyezwriting

I play FateGo. After years of playing gacha and installing and uninstalling countless games, this one it the only one I always return to.
My waifus are OG Saber, Artoria and Altria... (Wait...) And both versions of Jeanne.
The only ones I'm missing are Altria Alter Summer (rider) MHAX... And Bunnysuit Altria.

HokuouTenrou

Played too much gacha, I wish I could stop (though to be fair, it's login only for months/year already)

Now about the waifus/husbandos...
FGO: Raikou, Lancer Artoria, Scathach, Drake
Azur Lane: Hood
Dolls Frontline: Tavor-21
Venus 11 Vivid: Frederica
Brown Dust: Wilhelmina
FEH: Loki
Flower Knight: Hyacinth
Kamihime: Venus
DOAXVV: Hitomi, Helena, Sayuri
Uma: Super Creek

[Hiatus/Can't login]
KanColle: Ashigara
Last Origin: Charlotte
Touken Ranbu: Namazuo. Also not husbando, but Doudanuki is so damn GAR, he's cool.

Last edited:

SailusGebel

Played too much gacha, I wish I could stop (though to be fair, it's login only for months/year already)

[Hiatus/Can't login]
Touken Ranbu: Namazuo. Also not husbando, but Doudanuki is so damn GAR, he's cool.
Hood is a cutie, I oathed Hood.

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
I play Azur Lane because the gacha there is F2P friendly. Do you perhaps have a favorite shipfu there?
azur lane is the only one i actually played for any amount of time longer than a week for the same reason but the inevitable thing that hapens with me hapend and i lost all intrest and passion for it (though i held it for a very long time comperd to normal). when it comes too waifus i don't really remember but i think illustrious was up there but otherwise not really sure

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper

[Hiatus/Can't login]
>sees hood

I see you also have good taste

Azur Lane - Addicted to it. It's the best Addiction one can experience.
Favourite Shipfu? All of them. Every single one of them has their own Charms and I love them all equally. It's a fantastic Universe to be healthily addicted to.

The Gacha is very friendly and generous, the Devs are caring and give out regular Rewards even for their own Mishaps.

Been in it for a Year and been playing non-stop since then, all the way through my Writing Journey.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Playing Arknights since day one. Was expecting a fun Tower defense with cute donkey rabbit waifu but got semi-post-apocalyptical tragedy with great lore and a complex story that only gets better with every new bit you receive.

Thinking of picking up Blue Archive when global hits later today. Looks like waifu X-COM.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
I do not play gacha games and I do not have any waifu/husbandos from them either but I did find the fanarts for Skadi (arknights) and a good chunk of genshin pretty decent.