Does having a high [Chapter per Week] bury your story?

Lire

I Wanna Be, The Very Best. Like No One Ever Was!
Uh, so going around in the forums, I've read a few alarming things...

It seems that if you post too much in a short amount of time, your story gets buried? (I don't exactly know what this means, but it's definitely bad, and I don't want it.)

Does having a high chapter per week affect that?
Mine's at 5 for some reason. Even though I usually post once a week nowadays.

SailusGebel

I'm not sure about being buried, but posting 3-4 times a week maximizes the number of views and exposure you can get.

Zakuro

Crushed Pomegranate
It doesn't bury. It hides.
5 chapter per week is safe. Just don't post them in the same day.

Rua

If you are posting once a week, you gotta take notice of when to post. Say for example, you would get the most exposure during Friday night and Saturdays. People are free during those times. With a weekend ongoing they can stuff themselves with all the books. And perhaps you can just make the chapters a tad bit longer. And store some for later when you have a writers block? Good luck!

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
If you are posting once a week, you gotta take notice of when to post. Say for example, you would get the most exposure during Friday night and Saturdays. People are free during those times. With a weekend ongoing they can stuff themselves with all the books. And perhaps you can just make the chapters a tad bit longer. And store some for later when you have a writers block? Good luck!
Quite the contrary. You get the highest view on Monday (UTC +7 for me) and got less view in weekends. It is something that I have observed for at least a year now

Rua

Quite the contrary. You get the highest view on Monday (UTC +7 for me) and got less view in weekends. It is something that I have observed for at least a year now
Oh, that's rather interesting. I haven't personally observed such a thing. Simply quoted or from somewhere I had read it before.

SailusGebel

The time when you get the highest view differs for every story. It is something I have observed for two or two and a half years.

Agentt

Thighs
I think what you are referring to is the trending algorithm.
You can see the trending books on the mainpage.

Many wonder how to get their stories there,
Answer: No one knows.

It's like random or something. Black magic. We do know some key points, like upload daily, don't over upload etc, but it isn't set in stone.

Silbern

Uh, so going around in the forums, I've read a few alarming things...

It seems that if you post too much in a short amount of time, your story gets buried? (I don't exactly know what this means, but it's definitely bad, and I don't want it.)

Does having a high chapter per week affect that?
Mine's at 5 for some reason. Even though I usually post once a week nowadays.
It is not reccomended to post many chapters in a day since SH doesn't like that and auto buries the chapter from latest updates thinking you are a spam bot.

Lire

I Wanna Be, The Very Best. Like No One Ever Was!
It doesn't bury. It hides.
5 chapter per week is safe. Just don't post them in the same day.
Phew. Thanks!:blob_aww:🍪

If you are posting once a week, you gotta take notice of when to post. Say for example, you would get the most exposure during Friday night and Saturdays.
Mine's on Sunday. And I usually time it when it's mid-morning to mid-afternoon in the US. Since that's where most readers on this site are apparently from.:blob_melt:
Though, my country seems to be a close second.

The time when you get the highest view differs for every story. It is something I have observed for two or two and a half years.

Luck. It's luck, probably. :blob_hmm:
After all, a bunch of random people might be lurking on the homepage at any time of day, seeing as there are so many different nationalities here.

It's like random or something. Black magic. We do know some key points, like upload daily, don't over upload etc, but it isn't set in stone.
What!? So you don't get there by sending nudes to Tony!?:s_eek:

I want them back!

It is not reccomended to post many chapters in a day since SH doesn't like that and auto buries the chapter from latest updates thinking you are a spam bot.
This! I think this is what I read! I can't remember where it was though.

No worries then. There's no way I can write more than one chap in a day. lol

Thanks for the answers, guys/gals/tiny-todoroki/animal-person!

SailusGebel

Luck. It's luck, probably. :blob_hmm:
After all, a bunch of random people might be lurking on the homepage at any time of day, seeing as there are so many different nationalities here.
Exactly.

LordHeaven

I recently started a story and posted 5-6 chapters a week. There is no thing such as being buried (I have no idea about the stories with mass releases like 30-40 chapters a week). I was on trending twice, so don’t worry about that stuff.
On a side note, readers are more likely to notice stories with frequent updates than 0-1 chapters per week

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
The only thing you need to worry about, is posting too many chapters on a really short amount of time.

Like, if you posted 20 chapters in 5min, then most (or all, not sure) of them wouldn't appear on the frontpage.

1 chapter/day will never give you any problems... Even like, 3 chapters per day probably shouldn't give a problem for as long as they are a bit spaced out actually.

FernGilly

The only thing you need to worry about, is posting too many chapters on a really short amount of time.

Like, if you posted 20 chapters in 5min, then most (or all, not sure) of them wouldn't appear on the frontpage.

1 chapter/day will never give you any problems... Even like, 3 chapters per day probably shouldn't give a problem for as long as they are a bit spaced out actually.
Not entirely true. I released 5 chapters of Don't Get It Tangled!!! in a single day, 20 minutes apart; it drops you on the front page and bumps you. You can only be buried by other authors posting.

InceTagn

A stranger passing by.
Thank you everyone for thede helpfully explanation.

Anyways, I will release 40 chapters of my story, " playing against the system today"

Forgive me for my shameless self promotion

i highly recommend it and many people like it. This is the link: https://www.scribblehub.com

forgive me