Does ScribbleHub Algorithm Helps Novels That Comes Back From Hiatus?

Bone_Crusher

Long story short, lockdown ended, my university opened and I started doing part time job and didn't have the time to write anything. So back at the end of August 2020, my only novel went on hiatus and I haven't posted a single chapter since then. Now, I have quit my job and have free time to write what I love and decided to continue my story. At that time my novel went on Trending #1 many times and remained in the top 10 for a long time. It has 91.9k page views, average chapter views 2243, and 883 readers. I just spent the last two nights editing my previous chapters (that I still have to upload here) and will write a new chapter this morning. So, the two things worrying too much is that what if after all these months nobody will care about my novel. Back then I loved reading and replying to all the comments. The second thing that worries me that scribblehub algorithm will keep dead novels like mine hidden somewhere out of sight where new and old readers won't be able to see it i.e it won't get on the homepage or get trending, etc. So, what do you think, can someone build his reader base again after so much time? I hope you understand my worry and support me. Thanks!
P.S Do you know something about reviving the novel at Webnovel too? I have also many readers there.

Last edited:

bigbear51

Chances are you'll have a sizable spike in views when you post a chapter from the high amount of people who are considered "readers". So you'll most likely get back on trending since I'm pretty sure it favors spikes the most. My own example was that I had a story on a two month hiatus, posted a chapter which got a over a 1000 views because it was already popular before hand. Then it was on trending in I believe two days after that. So certainly you should be fine.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Just pick up uploading chapters again. People will notice it being back for sure. And new people will notice it on recent releases on the bottom of the front page. That's a double boost, returning and new readers. High chances of getting into trending too, if you get some decent attention. It doesn't even have to be great. I think I remember your novel and if I'm not mistaken, I'm fairly sure it will pick up attention again if you just keep releasing.

Bone_Crusher

Just pick up uploading chapters again. People will notice it being back for sure. And new people will notice it on recent releases on the bottom of the front page. That's a double boost, returning and new readers. High chances of getting into trending too, if you get some decent attention. It doesn't even have to be great. I think I remember your novel and if I'm not mistaken, I'm fairly sure it will pick up attention again if you just keep releasing.
You were the first one to congratulate me when my novel went on Trending #1. Thanks for that.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
*shrugs* trending isn't everything.

Horizon42

I'm not too sure about Webnovel, but on Scribblehub, the easiest way to get your novel on trending is to concentrate new chapters one after the other in 2 day increments. 3 day increments max. Getting on to Trending #1 isn't too hard on scribblehub if that's what you want to do as long as you have +300 readers and are strategic about uploads.