Does your skill add or multiply?

Agentt

Thighs
So, let's assume you are bad enough in drawing that anything you draw turns out ugly.
And, you try to draw something which is already ugly.

So, will the end product be twice as ugly? Or ugly squared? Or are you so bad at drawing, you somehow destroy the ugliness, creating a dividing effect?

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Hmm, it depends on what you define as ugly. It is all perspective. I would say whatever can be done is capped by the base capabilities of one's talent and efforts. Like you cannot expect a guy who can only draws ugly stick mans to draw some sickass ugly monster. Yet, you can have triple A artists drawing simplistic stickmans (at their revulsion).

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
So, let's assume you are bad enough in drawing that anything you draw turns out ugly.

So, will the end product be twice as ugly? Or ugly squared? Or are you so bad at drawing, you somehow destroy the ugliness, creating a dividing effect?
The result will not be ugly. It'll just be sad to look at. There was a thing in 3D modeling. "Don't just claim it's an alien because it didn't look like a human."

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
That depends.

I think it will fall from ugly to basically unrecognisable.

It is no longer in the category of ugly when it is not even a thing.

AnnonBee

It depends on the type of skill you are using. Let's say it's Drawing, and you have two skills [Symmetry] and [Blue print Drawing], then doubling down on them will create a better result. Then merging [Symmetry] and [Portrait Painting] will create something that depends on aesthetics. To some, it will be good and to some, it will be bad. Now if you synthesize a skill from [Portrait Painting] and [Abstract Painting] the result will be horrifying to everyone other than blind people and rich.

whitesculptor

The princess whispers & the keyboard clacks.
Ugly drawing could end up the other way around, it all depends on how you use what you have!

sereminar

I think maybe really putting in the effort to get a specific result might end up in me creating something more compelling and interesting than any other art I've made. It's an interesting question, I might have to give the excitement a go!

I usually get so wrapped up in knowing that it's poorly made that I stop drawing pretty quickly, so maybe actively trying to draw something ugly would be a good cheat to avoid my anxiety about it? Huh

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
I think I've did a live test here on the forums...

But in general, I think that there wouldn't be too much difference in the quality even if you were to try to specifically draw something ugly.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

If I try to make it ugly, God will make it a beautiful masterpiece just to spite me.

I never get what I want.

tyler89558

It’ll be ugly! (That’s a factorial)

And the ugly!! And ugly!!! And you get the picture

Sylverius

Old name: Sylphias
1627806706223.png

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Ugly+ugly=abstract
ugly*ugly=abstract

abstract art—>money maker
late age Picasso confirms this. man's a shell of his former self after schizo. he basically shits buckets of paint on the canvas and they fucking sell. too bad everything happened after his death though.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
late age Picasso confirms this. man's a shell of his former self after schizo. he basically shits buckets of paint on the canvas and they fucking sell. too bad everything happened after his death though.
It always be like this. The good stuff happening after you drop.