Doing Free Covers [No copyright claim.]

Mysticant

Resident Ant
Whatchu Gon pay with? Eggs?
I mean the photographer should have been more responsible...imagine taking such a sensitive photo without covering the face and posting it such that it appears on google search engine under the title "big breasts". It is even in 1080p, 2k resolution I assume. The level of emotional trauma this could do as the fellow flock looks down on this now infamous penguin hoe. This at least requires 3 fishes as compensation, 1 per picture, delivered by penguin express which is most reliable in the antarctic.

Jokes aside, yeah creative commons is indeed a way to skirt past all of these IP thingies. Though, what are the chances one would get big enough or the owner being a dickhead if you are just posting a small work to share. If you plan on going big and making monies, then you should probably consider making an original cover.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
This is really first time doing this type of thing. So thank you all for all the information. It really helped me understand the problem.
If you're truly worried about the disputes but still want to Photoshop covers, you can try using royalty-free images from sites like Pixabay, Pexels, etc. I tend to get cut outs from those sites too, and the uploaders can be pretty nice.

Look at these beautiful flowers! I use them in my covers or profiles sometimes. https://pixabay.com/illustrations/roses-collage-vintage-antique-1770165/ Some of the stuff is free for commercial use too.

Good luck!

Ritz

Do you really read what I have wrote? I have no claim over the any images. It was written in bold.
You might not have any claim over it but the images you're using do have owners. Meaning what you're offering aren't copyright free covers. My point being <---

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Hello World.

Before anything, let me clear it for you.
I am not a digital illustrator.
If I make a cover for you, I would have no claim over it. Neither do you.

My friend AnnonBee asked me to do a cover for him, So I did it with Photoshop, free art, and fanart (If any art I have used is not free then forgive me).
I am happy with the results. So I wanted to do more. I know there is a better artist than me, so people who are more experienced in photoshop. But I just want to have fun. So, if you want just reply to this post. I will contact you.

Experience: My work has more to do with precision art, than this type of work. Oh! I just realized there is symmetry in these covers too.

Schedule: I will do 1-2 covers per week depending on the time I have.

What you need to provide me: A detail of your expected cover. e.g. If you want a cover centered on your mc's power, then please summarize Mc's power.
You need to understand that I am not creating the art myself, rather finding the suitable one and assembling them (Like a prebuilt system). If it is not up to your mark, don't use it, I wouldn't mind.

Copyright claims: As I have said, I have no claim on it, neither do you.

Payment: Add my name to your synopsis. (Annonbee used: Assembled by my friend Aree (forum ID) using Photoshop. Neither he nor I have any claim over source images.) Something like that.

View attachment 8812View attachment 8813
I would suggest that you reword things a bit in your opening post.

I got what you wanted to mean, but like... Here is what I think you meant:

"All covers made by me will still be violating the copyrights of the original copyright holders of the images used in the composition. Use those at your own risk."

But here is the message you're giving rn:

"Neither me nor you will hold the rights over the image for your cover. So you cannot claim to own the cover of your story."

Basically, people are complaining on the thread because your wording is vague and leads to misunderstandings.

aree

I would suggest that you reword things a bit in your opening post.

I got what you wanted to mean, but like... Here is what I think you meant:

"All covers made by me will still be violating the copyrights of the original copyright holders of the images used in the composition. Use those at your own risk."

But here is the message you're giving rn:

"Neither me nor you will hold the rights over the image for your cover. So you cannot claim to own the cover of your story."

Basically, people are complaining on the thread because your wording is vague and leads to misunderstandings.
Yup, I understood the frequency mismatch a long time ago. I really had no clear idea how this copyright works, that was really ignorant from my side. And I understood my mistake perfectly well. I won't be doing it again.

But, did you really thought that I was just playing with words just for advertisement purposes? If yes, then you should have started your post with something like this, "I understand you didn't know the rule and made a mistake, still let me roast you..."

UnratedX

You said it yourself.
Stolen is always illegal. And what a surprise, there are people who don’t know it’s illegal and think “everyone does it so it’s ok” when it’s not. The way OP phrased it showed they didn’t know about the copyright issues.

Why is it suddenly wrong to point out misinformation? Also, it wasn’t arguing, it was a clear discussion without hard feelings.

You said it yourself. you are contributing to a WEB SITE FULL OF ILLEGAL ART STOLEN ILLEGAL CONTENT YOU CRIMINAL! WHAT were you THINKING? STOLEN IS ALWAYS ILLEGAL AND YOU ARE STILL HERE WITH OUT A CARE LIKE LAWLESS THIEF! WHERE IS YOUR HUMAN DECENCY!!!!!!!

STOLEN IS ALWAYS ILLEGAL. WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON A WEB SITE FILLED WITH ILLEGALY STOLEN ILLEGAL ILLEGALITY????????!!!!!!????111111????

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
But, did you really thought that I was just playing with words just for advertisement purposes?
No...? I just suggested you edit your first post, that's all.

D

Deleted member 45782

You said it yourself. you are contributing to a ~
Nice caps. Chill.

The difference is there's also people on here that don't do any of those stuff. Not everyone is a person that goes rip off the internet; some of us actually create our own images and our own covers. You may do it, but that is on you. Not others who didn't do any of those stuff. And I'm pretty sure there's also stories on ScribbleHub where they gave the artist commissions for their covers and credited them and/or asked them for permission. So not everything and everyone on here is like you said.

Tiaf was just pointing out there was bit misinformation originally and it sounded vague. When it comes to certain things, you don't really want a vague wording, cause it can actually lead to people thinking its completely alright without looking into it deeper and may get them into trouble, even if the chance is very slim.

If you took two images and mashed them together, you can always say you didn't create it originally, but the original creator(s) of that image may still have some copyright to those (idk, you'll have to look into it). And that was what some were just pointing out. Claiming you have no copyright/did not create it is also not same as crediting the artist. Plus, not sure if free images are referring to ones from sites that allow you to use them for personal or commercial use or sites like DeviantArt, where it depends on how the artist feels about it.

That is all. Glad the OP understands more about copyright stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: