Don't starve in an isekai world [RPG]

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Introduction

Somehow it feels like one of these gets made every year. Anyhow!

All of you were transmigrated to a generic isekai world that is mostly wilderness. There is literally nothing around you except trees, rocks, and monsters and stuff. You have no cheats and you are only as strong as an ordinary flimsy human. Let's build a village together!

How to play
  1. Make a character
    1. Can be any species/race but cannot be stronger than an ordinary human villager.
    2. No magical abilities or superhuman powers. If they had magical powers in their previous world, for some reason it's not working.
    3. No weapons/tools/items. They were left behind when they got isekai'd.
  2. Reply to this thread
    1. Describe what your character did for a day.
    2. Put in bold text any shared inventory changes for the village.
    3. Try to be semi-realistic (ish). Don't chop down a million trees in one day. Don't make a nuclear reactor out of pebbles.
  3. Every post, your character must eat one day's worth of food. You must either scavenge that food or take it from the village inventory.
  4. Learning magic (via RNG):
    1. Roll a dice (1-20) on the forums. Please make only one dice roll per post in this thread.
    2. If you roll a 20, you learn a new spell.
    3. Go to the Wizard Spell Book Generator. Settings: (Level 1) (No Specialization) (Less Spells)
    4. Generate a spellbook and pick one spell to learn.
    5. Every ten spells you learn, you can +1 to your Wizard level when rolling.

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
My character is name Kocho~ a green-haired genderless tree dryad. For some reason, their magical abilities aren't working and their appearance is entirely cosmetic. It's not necessary to make a character profile unless you want to. This is a pretty laid-back game.

-------------

Kocho suddenly found themselves in an unfamiliar forest and was very confused. Where was this place? Nothing seemed familiar. They tried to turn into a tree to photosynthesize, but their magical powers seemed... blocked... and Kocho was unable to shapeshift.

Feeling hungry, Kocho wandered around this strange place.

Kocho collected 20 pieces of wood and arranged it in a pile.

Kocho also found some berries but weren't sure if they were safe to eat. Kocho ate them, but they weren't very filling.

Kocho spend most of their time dazed in confusion and went to bed hungry.

Yamemai

... Don't know if I'll make another post after this one, but thought to try the game.
Yamai was a modern male human from the planet, the inhabitants dubbed, Earth. He has black hair and brown eyes, with a pale complexion.

He lived an average life until one day, after going to bed, he woke in a forest.
-----
Confused, but excited, having read many otherworld transfer stories, he takes stock of the surrounding, noticing movement. Cautiously, he decides to sneak(crawl) towards it, to get a better look..... And found a green person 🤔 Not sure if they are a native or not, he stalks them thinking, "Maybe I'll understand this place better."

Following, he sees Green collecting sticks. Not wanting to be disadvantaged in a fight, he too spends some time searching for a weapon.

As the green person continued along, they came upon some berries. After some hesitation, they ate it. Here Yamai realized they were probably as lost as him, what with their expression and their hesitation. Feeling hunger start to set in, he waits for Green to leave before also approaching the giant bush(?🤔).

The berries were black and in a cluster. Remembering a tidbit about coloration and how black and blue berries were more likely to be safe. "Thank god I was wearing a long sleeve because of the cold." Yamai start taking off his shirt to create a makeshift basket. "Uncomfortable, but better than nothing." thought Yamai, as he collects the berries.

Not wanting to invite danger just yet, Yamai sets about making some marks, such as: planting sticks in the ground point towards the direction Green headed, drawing some arrows with his rock, and tying some grass together. All the while cursing his lacked of forethought to mark the path earlier.

He manages to catch up with Green. "Huh, he must be really out of it."

As the sky starts reddening Green found a spot and slept. "Should have collected some leaves along the way." sighed Yamai, before he starts looking around for an out of the way spot, and piling what leaves he could before it gets dark.

"Hope there are no parasites in these leaves or berries." Yamai prayed before eating the berries. He was so tired from the days activity, he fell asleep before long, not even remembering the taste of he berries.

Collected items: [Self, not village, though the pile could count for village.]
Rock: fist sized = 2
Pile of leaves = Contains.... 100-ish leaves? (We're in a forest)
Berries; black and clustered = 6 clusters

Last edited:

LifeContinuesOn

Name: Fenton an pretty good hunter/dreaming to be a wizard.
-------------------
Fenton woke up to discover he wasn't in his village anymore, rather he was on the ground of some unknown grass plains. He had nothing on him but knew what his priorities would be.

He grabbed 20 long pieces of grass and weaved them into a bag using 15 long pieces of grass.

He collected a few more (5) pieces of grass to be used later

He searched the plains for small trees to be used for tough sticks but could only find 3 sticks

He was hungry and found a bush of berries, unknown if they were edible, Fenton ate a few. Not feeling sick or poisoned he ate more, though didn't feel all that full.

He found a tree that he climbed to sleep for the night.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
At some point in the day, Kocho realized that they weren't alone in this strange mysterious land.

Kocho's first concern was whether this stranger was herbivorous or carnivorous. In either case, Kocho didn't want to be eaten, and technically Kocho was half-plant. In the world that Kocho came from, dryads were occasionally eaten by various creatures, and giraffes in particular were especially annoying. It was frustrating to go to bed as a tree and then wake up to a large mammal nomming at your leaves.

Anyways, wild animals were dangerous because they ate plants.

The next day, Kocho got up in the morning and decided that constructing some kind of shelter was probably important.

As customary in Kocho's home country, Kocho collected numerous acorn-like seeds (~100) and began planting them in a neat array on the ground. The premise was that when the trees eventually sprouted, they would eventually form the walls of a house. Kocho spent the bulk majority of the day tending to this tree farm, and they eventually planted around 50 acorns.

When the day ended, Kocho went looking for more berries and ate a little fruit, but they still felt hungry.

Kocho laid down to sleep for the night... but then it suddenly occurred to Kocho that it would probably take decades for the trees to grow up.... as a dryad (who lives naturally for thousands of years), Kocho had a skewed sense of time and was initially prepared to wait 50 years for their tree house to grow up....... but maybe that wasn't very practical.

AdLeto

The name of my character is Villager B, an lowly unnamed peasant mob in a fantasy world, his only quality is farming

----------

He found himself in a grass plains, confused at first, but evenly reassured, he examined the soil, "the soil is fertile, good to farm" he tought, he gripped firmly his trusty hoe and began plowing the land.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
The name of my character is Villager B, an lowly unnamed peasant mob in a fantasy world, his only quality is farming

----------

He found himself in a grass plains, confused at first, but evenly reassured, he examined the soil, "the soil is fertile, good to farm" he tought, he gripped firmly his trusty hoe and began plowing the land.
Remember to feed yourself in every post~ Also, you're not supposed to start with tools (try your best to make/find them in the future), but for now you can keep the hoe!

Allchemic

Glitch
A magitech, human nanomancer from a futuristic Earth... no more.

@ohko
Did I do it right?
By they way, I rolled a dice wrongly before. So I am not gonna roll another in this post.

There was a sudden pulse of energy, a blast coming from the confines of chaos, from the darkest abysses that existed in the cracks of dimensions. Next thing he knew, his magitech equipment had been taken away - exploding in the channel that connect there and here. When he came to himself, there were people. A few strange ones. A dryad he had only seen in books. A villager that looked like... a villager. And they were all working, striving to build, explore and above all EAT.

Glitch stopped wasting his time and moved with a sense of purpose. He took fifty acorn seeds throw on one corner of... the gathering place of odd people - which someday, hopefully, they would call a village. He ate one of them. 49 nine were left.

Getting back on track, after feeling the not so great taste of the seed, he explored the immediate surroundings of the village - around he went, searching, seeking that which would change their lives.

In the end, Glitch came back. Forty nine corn seeds were gone, offered to his new friend, and in their place, a fat old wild sheep that he named The Destroyer.

Feeling his stomach grumble at him, he wrinkled his nose. In the end, groveling on the ground, he had to satisfy himself with grass. It sucked.

- 50 Acorn Seeds - "stolen" from ohko.
+ 1 wild sheep - named The Destroyer.

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Glitch
A magitech, human nanomancer from a futuristic Earth... no more.

@ohko
Did I do it right?
By they way, I rolled a dice wrongly before. So I am not gonna roll another in this post.

There was a sudden pulse of energy, a blast coming from the confines of chaos, from the darkest abysses that existed in the cracks of dimensions. Next thing he knew, his magitech equipment had been taken away - exploding in the channel that connect there and here. When he came to himself, there were people. A few strange ones. A dryad he had only seen in books. A villager that looked like... a villager. And they were all working, striving to build, explore and above all EAT.

Glitch stopped wasting his time and moved with a sense of purpose. He took a hundred corn seeds throw on one corner of... the gathering place of odd people - which someday, hopefully, they would call a village. He ate a corn. 49 nine were left.

Getting back on track after feeling the not so great taste of the seed. He explored the immediate surroundings of the village - around he went, searching, seeking that which would change their lives.

In the end, Glitch came back. Forty nine corn seeds were gone, offered to his new friend, and in their place, a fat old wild sheep that he named The Destroyer.

Feeling his stomach grumble at him, he wrinkled his nose. In the end, groveling on the ground, he had to satisfy himself with grass. It sucked.

- 50 Acorn Seeds - "stolen" from ohko.
+ 1 wild sheep - named The Destroyer.
This is great! ^^ welcome aboard!