Dragon ball power system

Namike

So I was writing a dragon ball novel in my free time and found that the power system wasn't explained. Like I know that Saiyans have elite and superior but that is based on birth and only Saiyan pay attention to low battle power.

Another thing is that the way to get stronger is fighting and training. Any kind of training as well as we saw Krillin get stronger by shooting Kamehameha at the ocean repeating and gravity/whis training.

There is battle power but what is considered low and high?

Should there be star rating like 1 star is 1,000, 2 star is 10,000, 3 star is 100,000 and so on or should battle power be used in the beginning and not focused on?

Hisaxia

What the above poster said lol. Heck, it's not always even training, Krillin and Gohan got a major boost from Guru touching their head. Not to mention the fact there's a few characters that wish themselves stronger.

ACertainPassingUser

And you might need to find the specified number of how much battle power is needed to survive in outer space and living without oxygen.

And also how much battle power is needed to survive planet/galactic destructions. Plus how much is needed to destroy a moon or planet.

And how much battle power is needed to fly in the air and fight against gravity ? Or power needed to control your float in outer space ?

Seriously, with so much destruction happening in Balls Of Dragon, surviving and not die instantly due to someone decided to destroy this one planet is rather hard.

Even living in this one building is not entirely possible, unless you're in a safe planet or your building is Capsule Corp building. And that only reduce your chance from becoming rubble to majorly damaged building.

So, writing about how much power is needed to ignore sleep to the point of not needing to sleep is good.

And how much power needed to not eat food ? And how much needed to ignore the Super sharp smell of your body odor.

And maybe the self harming nature of super Saiyan mode ? Like those Saiyan mod character in rival of aether ? Those Saiyan must be screaming in pain for hurting themselves to evolve into super Saiyan.

They must have very long lifespan to be able to waste some of them just to get more power, and maybe they can just regain it again soon.

So it's balancing how much pain is worth and how much damage can be controlled to enough power and speed to escape from this almost exploding planet and survive to another planet without getting caught and forced to fight the planet destroying entity ?

And by the way, getting enough power to resist being turned into wild giant monkey by seeing the moon is quite important. Most Saiyan in the past turned into wild yellow monkeys and destroyed their planet. That's how they got massacred, maybe ?

Also about those tubes where Saiyan rest and get healed. That's quite important topic for those newly super Saiyan before Goku and Vegeta. Idk how it works, but the system might talk about the importance of that.

That's all idea I can give.

Last edited:

Kuroinamida91

Power levels are crap.

From my own experience writing...I had to give up saying such as such has this power level.

Since my story is geared towards game logic, I simply cheated by having health bars instead.

It's really too contradictory to use power levels anymore...

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
So I was writing a dragon ball novel in my free time and found that the power system wasn't explained. Like I know that Saiyans have elite and superior but that is based on birth and only Saiyan pay attention to low battle power.

Another thing is that the way to get stronger is fighting and training. Any kind of training as well as we saw Krillin get stronger by shooting Kamehameha at the ocean repeating and gravity/whis training.

Should there be star rating like 1 star is 1,000, 2 star is 10,000, 3 star is 100,000 and so on or should battle power be used in the beginning and not focused on?
the second point. Have it be used in the beginning and not focus on

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004

it was the power level when they were born basically... and the status of their father they are born help that's it but sayan society must have been might make right... just see brolly that was killed just because he could disrupt the power balance

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Dragon ball Z abridged explains it well.
More information in the below video for proof.
1664417421966.png

damn that hair

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

Ai-chan assumes you watched Dragonball Z. Don't bother, Dragonball Z's power level is total bullshit.

You should read the original Dragonball. In the original one, Goku and his ancestors were all inferior Saiyans. As in they weren't born strong and therefore were thrown away into weak planets so that when the weak Saiyans grow up, they can subjugate the weak planet on their own and the Saiyans can sell the planet to the highest bidder without committing too much resources (practically none).

Raditz, Goku's brother was also an inferior Saiyan but superior to Goku from birth who became someone of a mid rank. But because he feared death, he couldn't get stronger through Saiyan's special death boost where a Saiyan gets stronger when they're near death.

The battle power is also bullshit. At the point the battle power is explained, it became something like xianxia already. At some point, it said the battle power is absolute and you are what your battle power tells you. But then they found out that for some reason, all of Earth's warriors can control their battle power. Like, how could nobody in the whole wide universe never discovered it? The people on Nameck was capable of this.

And also, apparently 1 million battle power can destroy a planet from its core but nobody would do it because they can't breathe in volume, but Frieza can. So technically, just from Goku going Super Saiyan 3, the whole planet should've been irreversibly destroyed already.

WingsOfPhantasy

Tomboy Agenda Symphathizer
If I were you, I'd put aside the battle power number bs.
You could mention it in passing when it's high, or increasing like: "It's even higher than before!', or: "It's over "insert high number"!", but you really don't need to care too much about it.
Because I can assure you, most people probably stopped being able to accurately tell wtf the power levels of characters past the Buu Saga without online help.
And if there's a whole bunch of transformations (doesn't have to be Saiyan, just sayin'), you could just use them a bit to be the power levels in a way, so when a character gets their ass kicked by some other guy, the readers can tell that they're stronger than said character in their transformed state.

Unregistered

If you're gonna do DBZ (and other series), I'd suggest looking at some videos for a power-level chart. Though the series dropped power levels after Frieza hit one million or million or something, most of the die-hard fans compiled lists of what the character's power levels would be even after DBS was created. Screw stars. Just base it off what you think is right. Eventually the scale becomes so broken you should end up just agreeing Super Saiyan II is stronger than Super Saiyan I but Super Saiyan I can be equivalent to Super Saiyan III depending on the fighter. And let's not even talk about fusion. Lol

Bokuboy

At the end of the Saiyan arc in DBZ, Vegeta puts it in the right frame of mind when he takes off his scouter that tells him power levels and crushes it, because it's meaningless when they can raise their power level before and during every fight to do super moves.

If you are truly stuck on it and want to use it, reference the DBZ collectible card game that lists power levels on the character cards.

Namike

From all these replies I am thankful for, I have decided to make it levels or maybe just say " This opponent is even stronger than (Name a character at a certain period)". For example "This guy is even stronger than Goku when he first unlocked God ki". I will probably let the audience guess the power from information like how many people they can control or if they are able to destroy planets.