Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3 Professional some Scout Q guide

DekuKurohi

What would a combination of ZUN and Nasu be like?
Very few play Dragon Quest Monster. Even less play Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3, and even less play the Professional version with incomplete and flawed translation.

I was trying to complete Scout Q of DQMJ3 Professional and see no guide on it at all, at least in English (Not that JP site is all that helpful or readable to me)

Since no one was making a guide for it I guess I'll do it myself. (Note: Only with the mission changed from the non-professional version will be addressed. The Pro-exclusive is also not covered)

#1: Sea Urchin (With Healer)

ScoutQ1(MakesuretohaveHealer).png

Pretty simple. Combined Lump Wizard and Robber Rabbit. Thankfully both of them are avaliable in the same map (Fallen City)
Make sure you have the Healer skillset inherithed on it before reporting back.

#3: Galbagorba

ScoutQ2.png

Even simpler really. Fuse two Gremlin from the floor 30 of the Fallen City's center building.

#4: Boreal Serpent

ScoutQ4.png

Buffalo Wing (From Grim Thundra east of Polar Park) x Skelegon (Spirit Road)

ScoutQ7.png

Catch this green thing and report back

#11: Goresby-Purrvis

ScoutQ11.png

You'll need Cat Liberio and Double Hitter.
For Double Hitter you need 2 Ba'al zebub
For Cat Liberio you need 4 Prism Puss
ScoutQ11(3).png

And down below is how to make one
ScoutQ11(2).png

You can scout Terror Tabby from Fiery Volcano just right where you land on it the first time.
ScoutQ11(1).png

Easiest way to get Ba'al zebub is fusing a Cureslime (At Fiery Volcano) with a Slime Knight (Darkiron Bastille on the first floor or rooftop)

#12: Baramos

You need the discount A rank version and its bone which is S rank
ScoutQ12(3).png

The discount A rank Baramos you can easily get by combining an A rank monster like Darkonium Slime (Coalslime x Slimecicle) with a random monster. (Coalslime from Fiery Volcano and Slimecicle in the Iron Ark in the Grim Tundra)
Bones of Baramos can be acquired from either Mandrake Monarch x Li’l Whizzer or via a Bad Egg in a cave in the Beast World.
Mandrake Monarch = (Honesty just use the filter option to find the combination to make it)
Li’l Whizzer = Scum Bubble (Scout from those flying in the sky or those on unknown islands) x Type G (Fuse 2 Killing Machine. KM can be scouted from Secret base in Fiery Volcano)

#14: Fowleye (With Druid)

ScoutQ14(8).png

Hootingham-Gore x Phantamount
This one is pretty hard. First the Hootingham-Gore (Jamirus x Prism Peacock)
ScoutQ14(6).png

Demon Cloud can be found during a dark cloudly day in the small floating platforms at Spirit Roads. Gryphon you can generally use whatever you have. (Try using filter for the beast family and Gryphon's rank to see if you have anything to make it)
ScoutQ14(5).png

On the Prism Peacock side you can filter out for what create a Garuda (Rank B Beast) and scout a Cosmic Chimaera from an unknown island or those flying around during the giant flight.
ScoutQ14(7).png

Now that's just a half of it.
ScoutQ14.png

Phantomount is made with Wonder Wyrtle and Godsteed.
Godsteed is very easy to made with Equinox and Genie Sanguini. Both are scouted in the same type of area (Unknown Islands)
Wonder Wyrtle's components (Wyrtoise and Ironclad Wartoise) can be fused from regular monsters (Both are A rank dragons)
Druid skillset is required on the Fowleye when making it before reporting back. You need two Wizard skill books and taught the Wizard skill tree to two monsters, with both of them putting in 150 skill points into the Wizard skillset, and when both are combined the Druid skillset is made, remember to make sure the Fowleye has it.

#15: Greygnarl

Screenshot (59).png

This is gonna be a long one...
You'll need four monsters, with one being much more difficult to make than the other three.
Ladja x Maizarugius x Barbarus x Blackmar
Maizarugius (The Zermerge-whatever in the patch) can be obtain from beating him in 10 turn or less in a wormhole with him in it (Think legacy battle in IX) so he is easy to get if you know where wormholes usually spawn.
Blackmar can be made from a discount A rank version of itself and Belial, which is made from Archdemon (Rank B devil) and Belhib (Can be scouted easily from a monster wormhole). Belial is rank S so it can only be made via Archdemon x Belhib (Or get lucky with getting it in a disc world like me)
Screenshot (52).png

Screenshot (45).png

Bishop Ladja is a tad harder to get than Blackmar with one component needing a rather specific fusion.
Screenshot (53).png

Necromancer can be fused from a variety of things but Tactician Iddo is only made with Sealamander and Mystic Crusader.
Mystic Crusader can be made with many combination of high ranked monster but Sealamander is made exclusively with a pair of Voodoo Doll and Sillimander.
Screenshot (49).png

Now the last one is by far the most difficult. Barbarus
Barbarus is made of the three lieutenants of the Gittish Empire (Gorseby-Purrviss, Gore-hamm and Hootingam-gore) and a Hell Gladiator
You'll already have Gorseby-Purrviss and know how to make Hootingam-gore by this point, which leaves Gore-Hamm and a Hell Gladiator.
Gore-Hamm is made from Drukulurch and Holy Baron. Both of which I honestly get lucky from having discs that contain them
Screenshot (55).png

Screenshot (56).png

So that leaves Hell Gladiator. Hell Gladiator is made up of (Shantak x Master Barbatos x Demon at arms x Shadow noble)
Shantak is at the lowest floor of Demon King's caslte, Demon at arms showing up during post-post game everywhere, and shadow noble can be obtained from a Master Road challenge in the Grim Tundra.
Master Barbatos is made from regular Barbatos and an Emperor Slime
Screenshot (57).png

Moosifer can be scouted on the way to the Demon King's castle while the Emperor Slime is in one of the many treasure rooms in the Demon King's castle. Combining these two to get Master Moosifer to combined with the other 3 easy to get monsters to get the Hell Gladiator.
Remeber that Gorseby-Purrviss x Gore-hamm x Hootingam-gore x Hell Gladiator = the Last of the four monsters that made up Greygnarl (Specifically it's the black dragon in the upper left corner)
Combine the four to get Greygnarl. Don't forget to report back.

Last edited:

DekuKurohi

Family tree of the Scout Q monsters (Wanna add the Babarus family tree as well since I didn't post it the first time)

#1: Sea Urchin (With Healer)
ScoutQ1(MakesuretohaveHealer).png

#3: Galbagorba
ScoutQ2.png

#4: Boreal Serpent
ScoutQ4.png

#11: Goresby-Purrvis
ScoutQ11.png

#12: Baramos
ScoutQ12(3).png

#14: Fowleye (With Druid)
ScoutQ14(8).png

Barbarus
Screenshot (60).png

#15: Greygnarl

Screenshot (59).png

Troller

Does anyone know where are the tomes for Archie Logg's/Ruboro's (the guy in the disc room, at left) side quest? He says:
"Have you found any documents that describe roots of monsters?"

DekuKurohi

Does anyone know where are the tomes for Archie Logg's/Ruboro's (the guy in the disc room, at left) side quest? He says:
"Have you found any documents that describe roots of monsters?"
You can get some from Demon Lord's minion (What were sealed at the and revealed with the mirror)

Zephyr

oh wait what. I love dragon quest monster joker 1&2 and I'd have really liked to play this game, I thought it was sold in japan only, how did u get an English version?