Dragon waifu story (again)

TheGuyThatEveryoneHates

I don't feel like I'm in control of myself. I hate this site, as you know, but there's a voice in my head compelling me to post this again. I just don't feel like I'm in control of myself anymore. Maybe someone will read it this time, but I doubt it. Most likely people will say that they'll read it, or have read it, for 'good reader/writer' points then not read the fucking thing.

TheGuyThatEveryoneHates

What are good reader/writer points?
Being seen as a good reader/writer.

For example, the first comment I got on my profile after posting this was something like: "Welcome back! Sending you big huggies!"

But, like, that kinda rings hollow because I'm pretty sure that the person won't read my story or interact with me much beyond that first comment. They just made it to make themselves feel good, not me.

I'm aware of how bitter and hate-filled I sound, but that's mainly because months of trying to get people to read this story that I worked hard on has made me kind of jaded. The fact that I've been going through multiple mental breakdowns this year, two directly linked to SH, just kinda turned me into a very broken person.

I lost all the edited chapters beyond chapter 11, so like, I'd have to edit the earlier versions if I want to post them here. So, like, that's a layer of stress. I figure if no one comments on the story by the end of the day, I'll probably just not bother and take the story down again. It would probably save me some more heartache.

Being seen as a good reader/writer.
I see, so reading your story will get people these "good reader or writer points"... hmm...:blob_hmm_two:

I think at the moment... I am happy with the amount of reader/writer points that I have... I don't think I need or even want any more, Maybe in the future, if I ever get a hankering for some or that my stock of it was running low... if that is possible (I am not sure how this point system works...), I will come back to grab some, thanks for the offer anyway.

Have a good day.

D

Deleted member 29316

Hello! Just saw your thread and your feelings about your work.

Well, if you wanted to gain more audience, setting up your tags would certainly help. As of now, your work had no tags in it, and having no tags would make the readers unsure of what about to expect from your work. (You know how impatient and lazy some readers are)

You may also work on your blurb for better reader attraction. Rouse their interest on why they should read your story. We can't help it; as authors, we're the ones to adapt towards the changing attitudes of our audience.

Now, waiting for readers might take time. My first story here took a while before it got noticed, and the comments aren't that good at first. Just be patient and be consistent with your updates, soon you'll find your audience.

If ever your work is giving you breakdowns, I suggest you take it down for a while, until you're ready to post it again. Your well-being as an author comes first before your audience.

Last edited by a moderator:
OH Yeah forgot!

As @K5Rakitan would often say

Most readers here are silent, so for feedback, I recommend writing.com or WritersCafe. They both have point systems that encourage users to leave reviews. However, it seems like WritersCafe has had some bugs since yesterday. Might want to wait a week before trying out WritersCafe.

Edit, Ah nut copied the wrong one

Most readers here are silent. I recommend writing.com or WritersCafe because they both have a point system that incentivises people to leave reviews.

TheGuyThatEveryoneHates

Hello! Just saw your thread and your feelings about your work.

Well, if you wanted to gain more audience, setting up your tags would certainly help. As of now, your work had no tags in it, and having no tags would make the readers unsure of what about to expect from your work. (You know how impatient and lazy some readers are)

You may also work on your blurb for better reader attraction. Rouse their interest on why they should read your story. We can't help it; as authors, we're the ones to adapt towards the changing attitudes of our audience.

Now, waiting for readers might take time. My first story here took a while before it got noticed, and the comments aren't that good at first. Just be patient and be consistent with your updates, soon you'll find your audience.

If ever your work is giving you breakdowns, I suggest you take it down for a while, until you're ready to post it again. Your well-being as an author comes first before your audience.

I think I'll just leave again.

Honestly, my problem last time was that no one was reading my story, but like, there was always a reason why and whenever I complained, even in private to people I considered friends who said they would read the story they always had an excuse.

Kind of like your comment, honestly. Instead of anyone in this thread, you know, reading my story, they'll suggest ways to get someone else, an imaginary audience, to read it, which is frustrating.

Everyone always has an excuse why they aren't reading your stories, everyone always has suggestions on how to get someone else to read it, very few people will actually read the stories.

I just don't want to fight with the userbase, which theoretically consists of people who like reading stories, to get them to read my story.

Plus, like, there's kind of a sense that everyone is just waiting to pounce on someone here, ya know. Like, everyone is just waiting for someone to ask a question that they can answer, or for someone to fuck up so that they can correct them or mock them. Ya know what I mean? It's like, everyone here is an insecure older brother, ready to lift up their younger brother with helpful advice, or to bully their younger brother, with the motivation behind both being to make themselves feel good, not their brother.

I just feel like, in general, if the community on the forums was more light-hearted, like if we talked about The Mandalorian and Boruto and encouraged others to do the same, then people would feel more confident, relaxed, and more willing to read/reviews their cool new friend's stories. But, like, instead the small size of the forum, the lack of views/comments on stories, and the always present writing advice telling them what they're doing wrong and what they 'should' be doing has lead to a very toxic atmosphere that I don't think most people are aware of, and when they finally are aware of it, they leave.

But, like, I'm crazy, so I keep coming back.

Anyways, looking forward to hearing how I'm completely wrong about everything and just being a bitch.

D

Deleted member 29316

Honestly, my problem last time was that no one was reading my story, but like, there was always a reason why and whenever I complained, even in private to people I considered friends who said they would read the story they always had an excuse.

Kind of like your comment, honestly. Instead of anyone in this thread, you know, reading my story, they'll suggest ways to get someone else, an imaginary audience, to read it, which is frustrating.

Everyone always has an excuse why they aren't reading your stories, everyone always has suggestions on how to get someone else to read it, very few people will actually read the stories.

I just don't want to fight with the userbase, which theoretically consists of people who like reading stories, to get them to read my story.

Plus, like, there's kind of a sense that everyone is just waiting to pounce on someone here, ya know. Like, everyone is just waiting for someone to ask a question that they can answer, or for someone to fuck up so that they can correct them or mock them. Ya know what I mean? It's like, everyone here is an insecure older brother, ready to lift up their younger brother with helpful advice, or to bully their younger brother, with the motivation behind both being to make themselves feel good, not their brother.

I just feel like, in general, if the community on the forums was more light-hearted, like if we talked about The Mandalorian and Boruto and encouraged others to do the same, then people would feel more confident, relaxed, and more willing to read/reviews their cool new friend's stories. But, like, instead the small size of the forum, the lack of views/comments on stories, and the always present writing advice telling them what they're doing wrong and what they 'should' be doing has lead to a very toxic atmosphere that I don't think most people are aware of, and when they finally are aware of it, they leave.

Anyways, looking forward to hearing how I'm completely wrong about everything and just being a bitch.
Nah, it's alright. I kind of understand your point somehow, especially about asking for others to check and read our works. But well, I can't force them to do what I requested them to do so I just let them be.

As for your story, if you think it's best to your interest an author to take it down, go ahead. Having to constantly worry about the quality of your work as well as keeping the nerves against an unappreciative audience is difficult, especially these times. It's not 'bitching' around, it's more like a 'need' that we all go through (others were just dishonest about it, or they have other priorities).

In any case, though it may not reach you, I sincerely hope better days for you as an author. This world that we entered was unforgiving and cruel, but let's persevere because we want to reach our dreams.

TachimeSan

Can't force people to read something they don't like to read. Word of advice, Just keep writing what you want to write, regardless of the views, people with the same interests are bound to find it sooner or later.

So nice to have minions here <3
I have done it twice now, as per the rule of three I have almost used up the milage of this "in-joke".

So when will be the third, K5Rakitan? Today? tomorrow? Decades from now? Or will I never come?

You will never know...

I am smoke...

I am illusion...-

*drop a smoke grenade*
*tink. Tink*
*pffffzzzzzz....*

I am gone...

ForestDweller

I don't read anyone else's stories because I'm too busy writing my own. :s_tongue:

I am gone...
Many years later on a quiet and unassuming evening.... @K5Rakitan was at home enjoying some time with her family.

Her offspring went up to her excited, "Mom! I just finished writing my speech for my 21st birthday party! Can you have a look, and tell me how it is? ... maybe you can give me some feed-"

The door to the room bursts open, a man in a yellow bear suit was standing there! In his hands was a giant card, one of those oversized novelty cheques. Except it wasn't a cheque, it was a screenshot of a post from scribble hub!

K5Rakitan didn't have to read it. She already knew what it said, she had always known.

He dropped the card and dashed into the room. He leapt over the bewildered mother and child and went straight for the closed window. The impact between his body and the window showered the room with shards of glass and window frames! Expensive to repair...

As the last vestige of the yellow bear faded into the night, K5Rakit heard his last words, "You are welcome..."

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Many years later on a quiet and unassuming evening.... @K5Rakitan was at home enjoying some time with her family.

Her offspring went up to her excited, "Mom! I just finished writing my speech for my 21st birthday party! Can you have a look, and tell me how it is? ... maybe you can give me some feed-"

The door to the room bursts open, a man in a yellow bear suit was standing there! In his hands was a giant card, one of those oversized novelty cheques. Except it wasn't a cheque, it was a screenshot of a post from scribble hub!

K5Rakitan didn't have to read it. She already knew what it said, she had always known.

He dropped the card and dashed into the room. He leapt over the bewildered mother and child and went straight for the closed window. The impact between his body and the window showered the room with shards of glass and window frames! Expensive to repair...

As the last vestige of the yellow bear faded into the night, K5Rakit heard his last words, "You are welcome..."
I'm looking forward to this in 2042 <3 <3 <3
I'll see what kind of insurance we can get that covers bears leaping through windows.

I'm looking forward to this in 2042 <3 <3 <3
I delight in the idea, that in RL, if ever someone asks you for feedback. and you coincidently sees a glimpse of yellow. For a moment, if only for a split second you think, "Will it happen?"

Only to shake your head realizing how absurd it is. :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I see, so reading your story will get people these "good reader or writer points"... hmm...:blob_hmm_two:

I think at the moment... I am happy with the amount of reader/writer points that I have... I don't think I need or even want any more, Maybe in the future, if I ever get a hankering for some or that my stock of it was running low... if that is possible (I am not sure how this point system works...), I will come back to grab some, thanks for the offer anyway.

Have a good day.
Now tell us how you really feel?

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Also how the hell are people doing these emojis cuz I can't find them????