Dreams and Nightmares. Let's Share!

Does a dream stil count as a nightmare when you aren't scared of it? I'm pretty sure.
Here's a short one. But to get the full depth, you have to look up David Bowie in the movie Labyrinth. Okay, do you have the image? Great hair and leather outfits? Okay good.
I used to have this dream when I still in elementary school. It essentially went, my mom dropped me off at a daycare/conveince store, as you obviously can't take care of your children when you are shopping, and David Bowie in full Labyrinthian costume was the daycare worker. And althought it might sound like some late 80's wet dream, it was terrifying for me at the time. I'm pretty sure he started turning all the children into stone like Medusa and I hid behind those thick mats you place out in elementary gym class...
Anyway, I just remember this as the only nightmare I've ever had. I fall into the category of people who don't remember any of their drams. I never waking up in cold sweats, or feel 'oddly' content after a peaceful dream. So, it's obviously weird why I can so clearly remember David Bowie as a daycare worker.
I want to say as I've grown older, I've stopped being afraid of David Bowie but I mean...
Am I the only one!? His winged eye looks goes straight into his eyebrow to form an eye on top of eye!! Why is anyone else not afraid and weirdly turned on by that!?

Horrorific

I dreamed one of my family members died and I woke up with tears in my eyes. Even if it's just a dream, the feeling of losing someone close to you is immeasurable.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
I've finally had a dream that wasn't horrifying and worthy of sharing.

I was fighting in a battle royal with my subordinates to become something like a battle princess.
It was a championship match.
I saw the leader of the opponent team get knocked down, and my eyes glowed with dark malice.
I could taste victory.
I went over to finally crush my opponent and claim victory, but it was all a trap.
When I made my offensive move it left my team members wide open to ambush.
Before I knew it the tables had turned on me.
And then I was alone fighting my opponents elites.
I was on the verge of a terrible loss.
Broken and resting my back against a wall on the outer ring of the tournament stage.
My opponent came up to me.
They were completely uninjured.
It was impossible!
I could understand it if they had gotten up after taking considerable damage, but to have taken no damage and maintain perfect condition simply wasn't possible.
They looked down at the broken me condescendingly.
Their gaze at me said everything.
"You want to know why you lost?"
"It's because my work concerns a device that destroys living creatures. You probably didn't even notice."
The words came out without passion.
I understood that even before the competition I had been a victim of his schemes.
He began to speak further.
"I can offer you subordination. I suppose you'll want to restore regional delinquency. Your first task will be getting them (scum) to synchronize with my device."
Without even waiting to hear my reply he told me that I would be subordinated.
This was simply too outrageous.
My ambitions were not the likes of mere delinquency.
My followers were not so lowly.
Overflowing with outrage I refused his request.
Thus I fell to my death.
Shattered and killed.
A loss to a villain greater than myself.

Draculus-del-Viafat

Before I've got my dreamcatcher, I used to have real awful nightmares every single nigh, waking up in cold sweat, with shaky hands, or even crying. Most of them contained death, ghosts, and amazingly interesting adventures. But there are still some nightmares I'm just proud of 'cause they were so cinematic :blob_popcorn:
---
I remember walking somehwere with a man leading me. I see his back, covered in a dark jacket, he turnes to me to make sure I follow. He tells me about the place we are heading to. He says, "My daughter is buried here. I'm gonna show you her grave."
I don't argue and just follow him, looking around at the same time.
The place looks like a ruined city, all dust, dirt, and sand, crushed walls, yellow bricks, vast beton panels everywhere with iron constructions sticking out of them. On earth, I see blood, some new, some old. And corpses. Some new, some old. Little kids' corpses.
My heart is beating hard against my chest, I look at them in fear and ask the man why all these kids are there. Some of them lie under the beton panels with skulls cracked open, some with iron sticks and tubes in their chests, some just lie of earth or on ruins, faces down, faces up, in random poses, their skin covered with yellow dust, all eyes closed. The man says, "It's children's graveyard. People bring their kids here to kill them."
Finally we reach the man's daughter's grave. It's not a grave, but a plain piece of dark earth with a tiny cross made out of two dry sticks tied together with a thread. The man stands next to me, his head low, his hands in his pockets, and says, "It's my daughter." I look around to see the kids' dead bodies again - they are all torn apart, smashed, violently thrown on the path like garbage. And then I look at the tiny wooden cross below, hear the man next to me quietly crying, and understand that this grave is the only grave on the whole graveyard. I don't understand why.
The moment I try to ask the man about it, I wake up.

Last edited:

LazyPanda

Its hard for me to remember my nightmare now as I really haven't had any recently or that I can remember. The only one I can still remember is one where I was still a child.

It goes like me being strapped to one of the dentist chair, with a group of people surrounding me. Everything around me would be completely dark except for a lamp being pointed in my direction, blinding me like one of those interrogation room. Then all of the people there would start stabbing me slowly but many all over my body. I would try to scream but nothing would come out. Then when I am on the verge of forcing my voice out, I would wake up in a different place.

Where I woke up would be on a train track. Simple as it is, I am trapped in a underground rail road with narrow wall and a training blasting its horn while charging at me. I would then try my hardest to run the opposite direction, hoping to find somewhere safe to go to. Though that would end in a futile attempt as the train would quickly catch up and smash into me.
Then sadly I would again wake up in dark room, with no lights. This time I am completely immobile and can't see anything. I could only hear a haggard breath near me and soon a long thin fingers would run up on my scalp. After running their boney hand over my head, they would then proceed to pluck my hair one strand at a time until I wake up from that nightmare.

This happen repeatedly until I went to highschool.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
It started cute. There was a fluffy piglet. Then things started to change.

The piglet urinated on the carpet and when I tried to give them a bath somehow the dream changed the water level and I almost drowned them. Somehow I managed to get my piglet to bed without killing them. Then things got worse.

I had some dolls on the kitchen table and I was chopping them to pieces with a butcher knife. I intended to burn the pieces and was putting them into a grocery bag to take outside and set on fire. However, something went wrong. The pieces were escaping.

After the chopped up doll pieces started to escape I decided to bail out entirely, meaning that the house was simply too haunted and hostile an environment to remain in and the only option left to me was fleeing. I rushed out of the house with a headless doll. Then things got worser-er.

Unfortunately there was a zombie apocalypse going on outside. Humans were being chased by intelligent, blue zombies, myself included. So I ran away to nearby house on my block and a woman offered me shelter. It turns out that the woman was semi-intent on just living her last day in her house and wanted somebody to join her. Well, I said that I would prefer to flee and she replied, "But tomorrow's Monday? It's a Monday you know?"

Whether tomorrow is a Monday or not, whether today is the weekend or not, I have the propensity to flee during a zombie apocalypse.

Note: I have had nightmares about possessed dolls in my childhood home for my entire life. My mother still has those dolls in her basement. I really really want to chop them up and burn them with gasoline. Also, there is almost always a zombie apocalypse outside my house, just like how my home is always haunted.

P.S.
Somehow this trinity of pig, doll, and zombie is making me think of Lord of the Flies.

Last edited: