Dreams and Nightmares. Let's Share!

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
I have way more nightmares than I feel like writing here, but some of aspects of them are interesting so I will just summarize. Hmmm, what's normal for number of nightmares a week? People are supposed to have several dreams a night from research, but I feel it doesn't really count if they don't remember them. I remember about 2-3 dreams a night.

Parasites
I had a nightmare about a type of parasite. It was some kind of combination between lice, ticks, lizard tails, and worms. They would attach themselves to the base of hair follicles and begin to suck blood. Their bodies would grow in length and coil around the body hair. If you tried to pull them off it wouldn't do any good because their heads and main body would still be attached. It was similar to a lizard sacrificing it's detachable tail with nutrients to escape.

Lizards
There was some kind of lizard that would form packs and live in tree hollows or tunnels. They would infest locations and their excrement was highly toxic. Coming into contact with it would cause flesh to rot and if not treated the rot would continue to spread. In that sense it was like necrosis or gangrene.

Flesh monster
This one was a bit more abstract. It started with some kind of red/pink floating blob that absorbed people. The people would get stuck in an Escher-like dimensional space. The more they tried to run out of the space through various tunnels the worse they would get trapped. Eventually the blob transformed into some kind of massive flesh monster in humanoid form. It picked up a piece of spasming flesh and swallowed it, then its body began to wriggle in one spot and it grew a mouth and vocal cords which it used to speak with. It condescendingly mocked a knight that was going to fight it.

Agents
Some kind of lifeform was replacing humans. The replacements, which I call agents were physically identical to their counterparts, but their goal in replacing people was not clear. I wasn't happy about this nightmare because my dead family members where present and people's faces were distorted.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
I often dream of a scene where I am standing on the edge of a cliff, looking out at the horizon, except there is none. Below me is an infinite void and forward is the endless beyond. I feel something that compels me to jump off the edge, to merely step forwards and start falling. After that, I wake up.

Llamadragon

I finally did it. I've read so many Isekai novels that I dreamed someone was reading an Isekai novel out loud.

• Haha
Reactions: tak

Yorda

Oh, the nightmares today are too worthy. I want them to stop though. Once again I will just summarize. I just ate a salad before bed and some pickled mango. The final exam stress must be getting to me. I had more nightmares too tonight, but they were just very unpleasant rather than interesting.

Killing game (axe bro =D, it was funny, but I don't want these scary dreams)
Alright, so this dream somehow had turned into a game style dream, but it was a really scary game. It involved different roles, but at its core it was just another survive from the killer "slenderman" type game. For your information I hate the "slenderman" game enough that I don't even want to google it to see if I am spelling it correctly.

So the dream begins with me holding a pair of chains in my hands while standing on a metal mesh bridge. I look down to the ground and see somebody running around with a sickle. I hear something next to me and notice a man climbed up over the railing of the bridge right next to me. He had a mask on and an axe in his hand. He started banging his axe on the metal railing and walked 2 meters towards me before stopping and saying, "Oy, buroooo." I thought I was going to be chopped up. This is really weird, usually nightmares should be like um ... "if you see something scary it will definitely kill you" kind of logic, but this time the dream already knew what it wanted to do despite my obvious fear and accelerated heart-rate.

Turns out that this was all some kind of killing game where the various different killers (sickle, chains (me), axe, etc.) had to sneak up on the player and kill them. Failure to eliminate the player would cause all the killers to instantly die. The longer the game went on the worse the death condition would become FOR EVERYONE, so everyone was trying to kill or die quickly to avoid making things more painful or horrifying.

Anyways, I was running around just trying to stop my chains from rattling and making so much noise so I could properly sneak up on my target, but then I saw it. A tutorial/shop/friendly/game master character starts walking into the scene and seems to be calling out to the player I was sneaking up on. However, something phased into existed behind him. Completely silent it left him unaware until it grabbed him. As he struggled for a moment while flailing his limbs the two began to disappear together. For lack of a better name I'll just call that killer, "eternal hell" because the people don't die when he gets them, and he attacks anyone, even the killers. You can't block that! It's like a rule breaking killer. I don't think the neutral shop guy was even supposed to be able to get attacked and he did. After seeing that I found myself running away with axe bro. He kept holding a hand behind his back and looking over his shoulder.

Corner Mendicant (this one was just terrible, I think it was worse than the previous)
I had a nightmare where I was a beggar at a corner in a big city. There was this weird monologue going on in my head where I was judging people based on how I thought they would treat me or think about me. The "no ears no eyes" type, or the "bicyclists who miss type", the "cleaners", the "righteous", etc. It was strange to me because I should have no knowledge of anything like that, or any perspective like that, since I have never even seen an actual beggar before in my life.

The worst part of the dream was this deformed baby man next to me that keep soliciting my help for assisted suicide or euthanasia from their normal life. At the start of the dream they were the dirty rag that I thought I used as a pillow to sleep on the concrete street corner. I kept telling them I was gonna turn over a new leaf and that the cops would look at it as a homicide one way or another. I didn't want that falling on my head. Told him to roll over to the bonfire guys in a nearby alley if he wants death or to roll onto the street.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Oh, the nightmares today are too worthy. I want them to stop though. Once again I will just summarize. I just ate a salad before bed and some pickled mango. The final exam stress must be getting to me. I had more nightmares too tonight, but they were just very unpleasant rather than interesting.

Killing game (axe bro =D, it was funny, but I don't want these scary dreams)
Alright, so this dream somehow had turned into a game style dream, but it was a really scary game. It involved different roles, but at its core it was just another survive from the killer "slenderman" type game. For your information I hate the "slenderman" game enough that I don't even want to google it to see if I am spelling it correctly.

So the dream begins with me holding a pair of chains in my hands while standing on a metal mesh bridge. I look down to the ground and see somebody running around with a sickle. I hear something next to me and notice a man climbed up over the railing of the bridge right next to me. He had a mask on and an axe in his hand. He started banging his axe on the metal railing and walked 2 meters towards me before stopping and saying, "Oy, buroooo." I thought I was going to be chopped up. This is really weird, usually nightmares should be like um ... "if you see something scary it will definitely kill you" kind of logic, but this time the dream already knew what it wanted to do despite my obvious fear and accelerated heart-rate.

Turns out that this was all some kind of killing game where the various different killers (sickle, chains (me), axe, etc.) had to sneak up on the player and kill them. Failure to eliminate the player would cause all the killers to instantly die. The longer the game went on the worse the death condition would become FOR EVERYONE, so everyone was trying to kill or die quickly to avoid making things more painful or horrifying.

Anyways, I was running around just trying to stop my chains from rattling and making so much noise so I could properly sneak up on my target, but then I saw it. A tutorial/shop/friendly/game master character starts walking into the scene and seems to be calling out to the player I was sneaking up on. However, something phased into existed behind him. Completely silent it left him unaware until it grabbed him. As he struggled for a moment while flailing his limbs the two began to disappear together. For lack of a better name I'll just call that killer, "eternal hell" because the people don't die when he gets them, and he attacks anyone, even the killers. You can't block that! It's like a rule breaking killer. I don't think the neutral shop guy was even supposed to be able to get attacked and he did. After seeing that I found myself running away with axe bro. He kept holding a hand behind his back and looking over his shoulder.

Corner Mendicant (this one was just terrible, I think it was worse than the previous)
I had a nightmare where I was a beggar at a corner in a big city. There was this weird monologue going on in my head where I was judging people based on how I thought they would treat me or think about me. The "no ears no eyes" type, or the "bicyclists who miss type", the "cleaners", the "righteous", etc. It was strange to me because I should have no knowledge of anything like that, or any perspective like that, since I have never even seen an actual beggar before in my life.

The worst part of the dream was this deformed baby man next to me that keep soliciting my help for assisted suicide or euthanasia from their normal life. At the start of the dream they were the dirty rag that I thought I used as a pillow to sleep on the concrete street corner. I kept telling them I was gonna turn over a new leaf and that the cops would look at it as a homicide one way or another. I didn't want that falling on my head. Told him to roll over to the bonfire guys in a nearby alley if he wants death or to roll onto the street.

What went only wrong with you? Or is my sanity value just too high.:blob_melt:

Yorda

What went only wrong with you? Or is my sanity value just too high.:blob_melt:
So you think I'm not sane? I swear it was the stomachache and exam stress before bed ... but yeah, I get a lot of nightmares about everything I've never even imagined before. I'm not sure where in my brain these things come from. It disturbs my sleep regularly.

Edit: Objectively looking at my frequent disturbed nightmares I am starting to wonder why I don't write horror genre. My Otome Game Story is going to turn from a "Psychological" to "Psychological Horror" ... and it would probably be more unique and interesting that way too. I might nonchalantly write horror by accident.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
So you think I'm not sane? I swear it was the stomachache and exam stress before bed ... but yeah, I get a lot of nightmares about everything I've never even imagined before. I'm not sure where in my brain these things come from. It disturbs my sleep regularly.

Edit: Objectively looking at my frequent disturbed nightmares I am starting to wonder why I don't write horror genre. My Otome Game Story is going to turn from a "Psychological" to "Psychological Horror" ... and it would probably be more unique and interesting that way too. I might nonchalantly write horror by accident.

No, I can't just remember to have ever had a true nightmare. That is all. :blob_evil_two: And if, it felt more like a game. and I actually it

I think one of my most memorable dream is getting lucky while playing a gacha game.

pulling so many UR's in one go, especially since the rate is only 0.25% and my team is finally complete for both PvP and PvE with that.

it's a damn good feeling. I'm not even mad that it's only a dream.

about all the other dreams, I think horror dreams excite me, when they're nightmares to others, especially since i never actually end up being the victim.

I especially remember when I got chased, I always seem to lost them, and when me and my buddies got chased by a monstrosity, it was really a good feeling when it ended up with us escaping through a car in one piece.

SilentApproval

that's amazing. It's hard for me to remember what i dreamed since all my brain goes "snooze alarm, sleep again"
The way I remember my dreams is really weird. Sometimes, my brain is randomly like "Oh hey, me, you dreamed about this four days ago." The strange thing is that I seem to know how long ago my dream was. It really throws me off sometimes because I could be talking and then boom: "You were skydiving with your friends from a plane above the ocean. Have fun with that information!"

LWFlouisa

You'd have to be an ex communist to understand I guess.

Recently had a dream where someone was constantly stealing things from my grocery cart, in the name of trying to get me to stop smoking. Even though I didn't know the person, and two wrongs don't make a right.

Mutualism doesn't have quite the same direct action problem.

And yea, my dreams are more like that than: Giant smoke demon that chases you in a forest, while fleeing aliens that want to abduct you. Which was closer to what I used to have when I wrote my first book.

Zoey

Mustachu
I have a recurring dream of being eaten by a hippo. Most of the time it comes out of a wall while I'm walking down some stairs.

It gets me every time.

tak

The chosen hero was considered a bother by locals and given some random thing for him to be busy with.the thing is coincidentally has the same silhouette as the thing in the demon king hand.

The demon king have a Big Bad plan involving giving everyone baby pandas. This causes traffic because of the baby panda delivery. Food are running out in convince stores because people are buying them for the baby pandas.

It is i, a hungry man, inconvenienced by the no food, can't cook, can't order food delivery, shall become the unchosen hero because fuck the guy who makes me hungry

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
Entering the world of Disney
Up so high the world I see
Above the clouds a wobbling chair
Thanks to a fat kid I prevail
This one is quite recent.

Across the room of Grandma's
Fastest in the land
Brother like he's been paused
Lending him a hand
This one is my earliest one.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
thanks for the fever dreams guys. now i have stories to tell the local stoners

Yorda

Blademaster
A nightmare that was fairly crazy, violent, and horrifying.

A poor young man that lived a rough life in the slum districts gets into a fierce gang fight. He wounds his opponent and gets blood and vomit all over himself. Afraid of the consequences of his actions he attempts to run away to avoid implication and condemnation, however, as he was running away he inadvertently gets apprehended and forced into the "Blademaster", a never ending gladiatorial tournament that entertains a privileged echelon with all the violence their black hearts could ever dream of.

The young man wakes up screaming in horror to find that his arms have been replaced with "ARMS", futuristic mechanical weapons primarily for the purpose of killing other human beings in life or death duels. His right ARM is a razor-sharp flexible and prehensile strip of metal, while his left ARM is a thin mechanical frame with an attached shield plate boasting neither durability or good reaction time.

He looks around his new living quarters to find nothing but a dark, dank prison cell of bricks and a low ceiling. There is no natural light filtering through and he is forced to live in isolation. Walking over the dirt floor he looks around and only notices 4 points of interest in the prison room.

(1) A dirty bed with a single yellow stained linen sheet.
(2) A rather terrifying creature with feline features floating in a glass vat of fluid. The creature stares at him with bulging eyes and a revolting grin as it makes a constant motion of swinging a sword, clearly an impetus to encourage the young man to practice before he enters into his life or death fight.
(3) A large green hologram of a countdown timer. The time is clearly running out.
(4) A green computer terminal.

The young man inspects the terminal to discover he is REGISTERED as RANK:SCUM. The terminal gives him limited information and has his physical metrics and statics clearly displayed. Height, age, eye-color, hair color, kills, wounds, approximated strength, equipment clearly labeled. Despite the heavy amount of personal information given the more interesting part is the ARMaments section on the terminal. In dendrogram form there are multiple different branched options for selection which terminate abruptly. He clicks on a few options to read more.

Base Muscle ARM v1 [255]
-Boasts a high base STRENGTH

Dual Heart [7350]
-Two chambers are placed within the BLADE's body. Higher oxygenation, pressure, and flow rate are possible. Upon puncture the BLADE will still be able to function off the remaining chamber.

Outside the young man's knowledge the higher ranks of BLADEs live in the spotlight of the world as idols. As the quintessence of the bloody sport they are free to choose their own terms of combat and whether they want freedom from the gladiatorial tournament. Endowed with great wealth and choice it is at their discretion to decide their own future and lifestyles. One such famous BLADEMASTER is the renowned Blade Princess whose speed and accuracy leave many in awe of her inhuman feats.

lazyredragon

ooooooh when i was in high school from about mid year of the first year to my last i had a dream where I went to a different plane every time i fell asleep, There was a man called skully he was a skeleton soldier in the bone kings army and the one who'd let me out of my coffin when i got there, we had to save the glass prince from the Ever King, it was at times awesome at times traumatizing.

i have quite a few write ups of those adventures, the only two rules in the dream was that

when you come knock thrice for bone and twice for glass,

i never knocked twice GP was a brat.

all will end when thy name is said, I broke this rule coz we were going to die in my last dream, i said my name and the world kinda imploded

Kyrian_Clawraithe

The one I had last night was quite unique (like usual for my dreams). It and the one after it focused on a unique interpretation of the myths of the yeti/bigfoot.

My character(because I'm never myself in my dreams but there is a main person) was one of those creatures, but instead of the regular stories about them my creatures were a but different. They were the spirits of nature and could shapeshift and unify with nature so that they could control it's forces. This is the reason why they're never seen because as soon as you get close enough to see them, they sense you and disguise themselves as a fellow hiker. The problem is that as spirits of nature they must suround themselves in a true natural environment to replenish themselves.

Well, my character was chased out of one of the last few nature preserves(because cities had covered the world) by a forest ranger. They wndered around trying to get back in but eventually they were drained of energy and had to hide down an alley to avoid being seen. The other main characters(a boy and a girl who were walking home from school) found him there and decided to try and help them.

Now at this point, they yeti had reverted back in to his natural form so, while the girls father worked at the nature preserve, they couldn't get the dad to put him back. They stole his access card and the boy hacked into the security system to find an entrance they could use.

They eventually found one and the yeti snuck back inside, and waved to them before dissolving into life energy so they could unify with nature and replenish their energy.

My next dream was were the yeti finally found his way back to his family's clearing and found it ransacked and his family missing. After searching the entire preserve, he went back and exited through the unused entrance they had found. They went and found the boy and the girl and asked for help. They boy and the girl accepted and they set out on an adventure tracking down his family.

They eventually find them in a secret underwater base, locked up in holding cells until the people who ran the base could experiment on them so that they could try and get their powers. It was revealed that this is why humanity had been attacking nature so much over the years, because they wanted to control it. The yeti unified with the rest of his family and bestowed the boy and girl with the power needed to defeat the evil organization because they had power blessed upon them from nature instead of stealing it from the dregs of nature like the evil organization.

They were successful and the organization defeated, but the organization had been running society for decades and it collapsed with them. So the boy and the girl teamed up with the yetis to teach humanity how to live in harmony with nature instead of destroying it.