Editing chapter gives views?

Erylm

Every time I get stuck, am bored, or just have nothing better to do, I go over my story and edit wherever necessary. And every time I visit the chapter the view count goes up. But since that is the majority of my day is boring and tiring, my views are 98% me rereading the entire thing for the 22e time that day.

Is there a setting that disables getting views of the same account? Or maybe a way to bypass it (without holding of from minor edits)?

Marunikyu

Most excellent anti-Marxist smut writer
😂 😂 😂 this is the funniest thread i've seen in a while 😂😂😂
"my views are 98% me" lmaooo

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Don’t think about it too much. I was concerned at first but there are a lot of stories that don’t get many views.

Unless you somehow appeal to a lot of people with the right tags (takes some time to learn which does best), have a fantastic cover/synopsis, or already have a following with people willing to shill review for you, you’re probably going to be like the rest of us whose first story on SH won’t get many views or much attention.

My goals on SH are not viewer/readership so I’m not concerned over how many people read but I’m grateful for those who are as degenerate as I am.

Erylm

Don’t think about it too much. I was concerned at first but there are a lot of stories that don’t get many views.

Unless you somehow appeal to a lot of people with the right tags (takes some time to learn which does best), have a fantastic cover/synopsis, or already have a following with people willing to shill review for you, you’re probably going to be like the rest of us whose first story on SH won’t get many views or much attention.

My goals on SH are not viewer/readership so I’m not concerned over how many people read but I’m grateful for those who are as degenerate as I am.
Oh no, I don't really care either, it just felt... cheaty?

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Oh no, I don't really care either, it just felt... cheaty?
Lol.
We’ll have you considered also putting your story on Royal Road or some place else? SH reader base are mostly interested in girls love and gender bender.

Smut does okay but only as an add on to the above two genres, otherwise new smut stories don’t really go places.

I read a bit of your story and I think it’s got a lot of potential, but right now I don’t think you will get much readership on ScribbleHub since it’s trending mostly to those above genres for new stories.

Erylm

Lol.
We’ll have you considered also putting your story on Royal Road or some place else? SH reader base are mostly interested in girls love and gender bender.

Smut does okay but only as an add on to the above two genres, otherwise new smut stories don’t really go places.

I read a bit of your story and I think it’s got a lot of potential, but right now I don’t think you will get much readership on ScribbleHub since it’s trending mostly to those above genres for new stories.
Thank you for the kind words.

Actually, I am planning to post on RR, but I want the earlier chapters to come out with less time in between them as they are meant to read close after another. That said, I need to post somewhere in the meantime to keep myself writing consistently; the pressure of staying on schedule helps, even if I write really slow anyway.